Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: DC Sports Bog: Redskins to install HD video screens at FedEx

bubba9497

• 1 month later...
Seriously, the biggest issue is getting there and getting out.

If Dan could figure out a way to make that part of the expeirence better, where I don't kill my entire sunday (basically 10 am, to 5:30 pm for a 1 game) then I'd be cool.

Part of it is out of his hands as he did not build the stadium in freakin landover and really has no control of the roads beyond FedEx Field

I didn't think traffic is THAT bad.. Maybe I've become accustomed to the current ways, however.. To me, traffic is to be expected and its all well worth the wait.

Do you think there is a chance that Dan Snyder imitates Jerry Jones and have Manny Pacquiao fight at FedEx Field during the summer? They could put those new screens to use before the football season starts.

Yikes. The views would be awful and the placement of the screens means you would never be looking at the fight. I don't think it would ever have the right atmosphere either.

Yikes. The views would be awful and the placement of the screens means you would never be looking at the fight. I don't think it would ever have the right atmosphere either.

And you think looking up at Jerry's screen is going to let you watch the real fighters? But then it might be more fun to watch 120 foot fighters in HD pummel each other.

I know I haven't been there...but the size of that screen has got to force you to take your eyes off the field a lot which means you end up watching TV in a stadium. I'd rather watch the game on TV at home with my own kitchen, easy chair and private bath.

I go to the stadium to watch real guys play football on real grass....with 90,000 of my closest buddies! :point2sky

I hope they got them up by the draft...that way they could hold another draft day thing. Watching the draft (even if its the later rounds) would be great on the new screen

Don't know if they would do it on the Thurs night tho..probably Sat

Heard on Redskins Nation yesterday that the Draft Day Party will be on Saturday April 24.

More details to come.

• 2 weeks later...
I know I haven't been there...but the size of that screen has got to force you to take your eyes off the field a lot which means you end up watching TV in a stadium. I'd rather watch the game on TV at home with my own kitchen, easy chair and private bath.

It is ridiculous. I literally caught myself watching an entire quarter of football on the jumbotron.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Any more news on the new video board? I saw on Redskins Nation a blurb about it recently, but it was just the same stuff Matt Terl had put up with the deconstruction of the lite brite. I guess we'll get some more pics from people at the draft day party tomorrow. Does anyone know which company is doing the new board? Also, anyone heard anything about the removal of club seats above the endzones?

• 1 month later...
I will just be happy if they show the Redskins plays live and the replays after them. Anything else would just be icing on the cake.

Agree with you there.

This would fall into the category of one of those things I'd like to see as a result of the culture change in the organization. Enhancing the fan experience, if you will.

It's not a deal-breaker for me, but it would be nice.

Agree with you there.

This would fall into the category of one of those things I'd like to see as a result of the culture change in the organization. Enhancing the fan experience, if you will.

It's not a deal-breaker for me, but it would be nice.

One would think the Red Zone feed would be a no brainer for any stadium that has large HD video screens.

I agree with HOF...live action feed of Redskins game is my highest priority but the Red Zone feed during time outs and half time would be nice.

Looks like the Ratbirds will be showing the NFL Redzone on their HD screens. Nice. Would like to see that @ FedEx.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/27/ravens-to-show-red-zone-too/

I'm probably in the minority on this, but when I'm at FedEx, I'm so intense and focused on the Skins game that I really don't give a rat's *** about what's going on around the league. The Red Zone would be a distraction to me.

Simple out of town scores is fine with me. I don't want to see Chiefs/Chargers highlights when we're in the middle of a tight game against Philly. That's just information overload to me. By the way, get off my lawn! :silly:

Archived