Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: DC Sports Bog: Redskins to install HD video screens at FedEx

bubba9497

The ads appear to be on the screen. While I'm aware they aren't that's the way it appears. They make it look trashy. Don't understand why they would go through all of that work and still put those 1996 advertisements back up. All of that space should be screen. If you want to put ads up digitally on the screen that's fine, but I don't like the look. I'm 100% positive it will be better than the lite brite though. Baby steps for Fedex....

Edit: Is that thing really 100 feet? I guess I need to wait until August 13th.

Yeah they really should've scrapped those nasty looking ads.

I guess you guys all think the Redskins should play for free in the Stadium and there should be no costs involved.

Sheesh....no wonder you guys are working stiffs and don't understand business.....

Well Mr. Sir our opinion is that it would look a little more classy without those ads on the sides since they could easily put them up on the screen during a event there, but it's not a huge deal IMO.

Is it just me or does the actual scoreboard not look nearly as big as the one they posted in the orignial article about expanding the scoreboard?

It covers 3 "sections" of seats underneath it, so it's about the same. The picture in the original article is straight on while the one you posted is at a pretty sharp angle.

It will be a 1,000% improvement!

Is it just me or does the actual scoreboard not look nearly as big as the one they posted in the orignial article about expanding the scoreboard?

101327.jpg

This is the photo they put out, looks pretty close if you look at the sections. The 2 redskins logo's on the side look MUCH better though. I also think they give the illusion of one huge scoreboard.

This is the photo they put out, looks pretty close if you look at the sections. The 2 redskins logo's on the side look MUCH better though. I also think they give the illusion of one huge scoreboard.

I think that photo looks a little bigger than the board they actually have in place now. I dunno, either way I'm just glad we actually have a nice size video board.

Well Mr. Sir our opinion is that it would look a little more classy without those ads on the sides since they could easily put them up on the screen during a event there, but it's not a huge deal IMO.

I agree the ads don't look that good. But, I feel it should be kept in mind that the money generated from those ads does help keep costs down elsewhere (tho to be fair they are high as it is, but as a person who has been to mutilpe opposing team stadiums, the prices are fairly standard, any event it seems the prices are high).

You are correct that the ads could simply be placed in the video on screen. But perhaps a permanent ad was a bigger selling point and netted more money, because it seems the ad in the video idea would be the obvious choice, and while some still have disdain for the decsion-makers, let's not pretend every decision they make, specifically Snyder, is devoid of even the most basic logic (as some in this thread have already donbe).

I think that photo looks a little bigger than the board they actually have in place now. I dunno, either way I'm just glad we actually have a nice size video board.

They aren't at the same angle, but it does seem both screens overall cover nearly 4 sections. The previous one I believe covered just over 2 sections only, wasn't as high either. I think by "larger" they are talking total surface area.

Amen to that. I heard they seldom get to play anymore, even.

I'm beginning to think the organization doesn't want them around at all.

that's odd given Bruce Allen has been trying to reinstall the Redskins heritage with alums at camp, yellow pants, and flat out saying he wanted the history back to be a constant reminder.

Amen to that. I heard they seldom get to play anymore, even.

I'm beginning to think the organization doesn't want them around at all.

Trust me...the band will play a bigger role this year.

Besides...they are being given padded seats and a new bandroom to dress and store their equipment.

And I am bummed they will not be sitting behind me this year. Everyone always complains about change. I'll give it a chance and save my opinion when the season begins.

Archived