Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Bin Laden Pic (fail)

NOLASKINSFAN

I don't understand what the big deal is with this picture. The FBI has a database filled with thousands of pics. They selected one that was a potential match. It's not a mistake. There shouldn't be an uproar. The guy has a terrorists forehead, he should accept it. He should be proud that his forehead is helping the world aprehend a monster.

I don't see the problem. Here's the composite photo in which they used that guy's face as a base

capt.3bcf42985c8344729069b9cd5a42fa60.bin_laden_reward_increase_ny112.jpg?x=286&y=345&q=85&sig=fAgTVok3AeDsVwBYg4VLOA--

Here's the lawyer's photo that I guess was used as the base

capt.771d30ee0d16495d8e34d2b0eca12c18.spain_bin_laden_photo_vc101.jpg?x=270&y=345&q=85&sig=_yKNf6o_5YgCEEjcIi0vIA--

One, they don't resemble one another after the photoshopping was done, except for the hair.

Two, shut the hell up anyway. No one is going to mistake him for Bin Laden unles he puts on a ton of stage makeup.

~Bang

So, the FBI wanted to put out a new more updated pic of Bin laden, instead of digital enhancement or w/e...they pick a random spanish guy, and, of all things, use his campaign photo! craziness..

from the AP

You couldn't have gotten this much more wrong if you tried.

Fact: they didn't do anything unusual other than the mistake of using that particular image because he was a public figure. They did not use the entire photo.

Here's how it works.

Sketch artists use and blend reference photos for realism. In this case they used this guys hair. Unfortunately it was almost as recognizable as Leno's chin and when the two images are side by side, suggests a resemblance even though the facial features are different.

Embarrassing yes, but it's hardly as if they grabbed the guys photo and used it as bin Laden. :doh:

You couldn't have gotten this much more wrong if you tried.

Fact: they didn't do anything unusual other than the mistake of using that particular image because he was a public figure. They did not use the entire photo.

Umm...thats a HUGE mistake... how the hell is this dude supposed to travel when he is literally the poster child for terrorism lol

btw... I didn't make thuis about the dems or Obama at all, so direct your offense somewhere else.

Umm...thats a HUGE mistake... how the hell is this dude supposed to travel when he is literally the poster child for terrorism lol

btw... I didn't make thuis about the dems or Obama at all, so direct your offense somewhere else.

Look back up at the two pictures, Could you possibly mistake one for the other?

~Bang

A) I cant stand any party. Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians... all idiots as far as I'm concerned. So I really don't care about anything other than the truth.

B)You suggested that they didn't do anything other than use the guys photo. That's not correct. You suggested that they did some kind of shortcut. But the reality is they used the same techniques they always do, which is an artist blending reference photos to create the image.

So to correct you, yes it was a big mistake to use a public figure's recognizable features in that blend. But it was hardly a matter of just using his photo and saying "that's bin Laden". :doh:

Look back up at the two pictures, Could you possibly mistake one for the other?

~Bang

Yes. The "new" one looks like the guy after a heavy night of drinking. Having said that I seriously doubt that he is the only one that looks like that picture being that lots of people look alike. If Obama really wanted to hide he'd put on a $4000 business suit, shave, and get a professional hair cut. He could hide in plain site all over the world.

Archived