Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Gibbs leaves Houston and goes to......Seattle?!?

Farbod21

Has Buges officially retired btw?

To all intents and purposes he's going to, but has there been an official announcement I've missed outside of the recent speculation?

Hail.

I don't think there has been an official announcement.

I was just about to post this. Maybe Buges is sticking around for one more year. Shanahan certainly has a relationship from the past with Bugel.

I don't think there has been an official announcement.

I was just about to post this. Maybe Buges is sticking around for one more year. Shanahan certainly has a relationship from the past with Bugel.

I've been considering that a possibility, particularly since we haven't heard anything from Buges about retiring yet.

jsteelz reported in the other active thread that Jeff Jagodzinski was on the radar. Not sure whether this is a good thing or not.

Watch this news here....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Jagodzinski

During his time with the Atlanta Falcons, Jagodzinski learned offensive zone blocking schemes from Alex Gibbs, the architect of successful NFL offensive lines such as the Denver Broncos that won Super Bowl XXXII.

you know, this could be good.

for once, maybe this team isn't paying through the you know what to get there guy. Maybe they are drawing lines in the sand and sticking to it and not getting seduced by resumes and names.

maybe this way, we get coaches that REALLY want to be here and not just collect a check.

we are not used to "not getting our man" and this stings, but maybe its a sign of the times.

So Shanahan is 0 for 2 by not getting Gibbs and Zimmer.

Interesting.

How much of all this do people think is media and fan speculation concerning how badly Shanny wanted these two on his staff? Because I feel if he really tried, he could have gotten at least Gibbs. My gut says he has several position coaches for each position that he would want and has most likely talked to his top choices already.

How much of all this do people think is media and fan speculation concerning how badly Shanny wanted these two on his staff? Because I feel if he really tried, he could have gotten at least Gibbs. My gut says he has several position coaches for each position that he would want and has most likely talked to his top choices already.

More to your point, it's a new era under Allen/Shanny. In the past, we'd have overbid for these guys.

Love it!

So what are you saying?

That Grimm would not take the job ?

Even if he was given the title of Associate head coach OL ???

He already has that position in Arizona. He is with a HC that he has worked with for many years and that hes comfortable with. Unless he was made OC or HC, he isnt going anywhere.

I like Grimm too folks but we have to get off his jock now. The only position that he can take that is better is HC. We already have a HC. Plus he doesn't use the Zone blocking method he uses the man-to-man method but it's a little updated from Buges. We would not be getting any RB's to break all those records like the Bronco's did. Atleast not with man-to-man blocking.

you know, this could be good.

for once, maybe this team isn't paying through the you know what to get there guy. Maybe they are drawing lines in the sand and sticking to it and not getting seduced by resumes and names.

maybe this way, we get coaches that REALLY want to be here and not just collect a check.

we are not used to "not getting our man" and this stings, but maybe its a sign of the times.

Definitely a positive outlook...i like it!

So what are you saying?

That Grimm would not take the job ?

Even if he was given the title of Associate head coach OL ???

Why would he leave Arizona to come here for the same job? He's been with Wisenhunt for awhile now going back to theit Steeler days. Just because he played here wouldn't mean he'd come back to coach the OL.

Too much baggage.

He was in a bad situation in Oakland. What would you do if you had a an overweight QB who sucked and you were expected to win with him and a senile owner who drafted DHB and thought he was the second coming of Bullet Bob Hayes. I think I would punch people on my staff too. :laugh:

Archived