Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Alex Gibbs leaves Houston and goes to......Seattle?!?

Farbod21

Bro the interest was really there with Shanny. Its possible that he just got blocked by the Texans.

Was there an article I missed, or did I miss a TK/Jsteelz post that insinuated as much. Or do you know something the rest of the board doesn't? I'm just wondering, because I seriously haven't seen anything aside from conjecture from the ES populace.

I'm going to say it one more time...We were blocked. The interest was there from Shanny.

You sir are wrong. Gibbs was out of contract with the Texans. There was no blocking going on.

Being the Broncos and Texans fan that I am (Broncos for 20 years now) I know for a fact that the Redskins had no chance in hell in getting Gibbs. Shanahan and Gibbs ended on bad terms and Gibbs will not work for Shanny again. I am not saying this because I don't like the Skins. Actually I consider the Skins my new NFC team. I say this because it is the truth.

Hey we all have one thing in common. We all hate the Cowboys!!

You sir are wrong. Gibbs was out of contract with the Texans. There was no blocking going on.

Being the Broncos and Texans fan that I am (Broncos for 20 years now) I know for a fact that the Redskins had no chance in hell in getting Gibbs. Shanahan and Gibbs ended on bad terms and Gibbs will not work for Shanny again. I am not saying this because I don't like the Skins. Actually I consider the Skins my new NFC team. I say this because it is the truth.

Hey we all have one thing in common. We all hate the Cowboys!!

I had my info mixed up......

I'm amused by -- well, a great many things in this thread :D -- the fact that Gibbs didn't want to work for Mike because Mike fired his son and no one outside this forum picked up on this. I mean, isn't information like this exactly what journalism is about? Guys like JLC or Schefter can send out texts and make phone calls and rely on their friendships to get a scoop three seconds before it becomes news, but they can't go on-line and read a few newspaper headlines and realize that a pretty good story would have been "Though there is plenty of speculation that Mike Shanahan will hire Alex Gibbs to coach the OL since the two worked together often in Denver's early years, the truth is that Shanahan fired Gibbs' son in 2003 and the two have not spoken since."

Yes, this was a bitter snipe at the "media", and yes, it was a compliment to the ES forum posters who are twice the journalists that those guys seem to be. :P

I'm not too sad, Gibbs is only a year younger than Buges. I'd like to have someone who's going to be here for a while, like Dennison (51) or Jagodzinski (46).

Munchak (49) and Matthews (48) would be in that age range. Both are Hall of Fame lineman with Munchak coaching some of the best lines in the NFL for 15+ seasons and Matthews just getting into the game as a Texans special assistant to Gibbs.

So what are you saying?

That Grimm would not take the job ?

Even if he was given the title of Associate head coach OL ???

He's looking for a head coaching job. Why leave a good team for a crappy team if you are just going to make a lateral move? It's unrealistic to think Russ Grimm is going to leave Arizona to become the Redskins' offensive line coach. A position he's already held from 1992-2000.

So ya, I think that's what he's saying.

Archived