Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per:Roto:NFL Network 's Steve Wyche"hearing" Clinton Portis' days in Washington ...

x96bryan10

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=165840

NFL Network's Steve Wyche said Wednesday that he's "hearing" Clinton Portis' days in Washington could be numbered following the hiring of head coach Mike Shanahan.

Fellow reporter Mike Lombardi agreed with the notion. Shanahan hinted strongly Wednesday that he values the offseason program, especially for running backs. Portis, long averse to OTA participation, might be given a do-or-die mandate entering the spring. If so, it would be in his best interest to attend and practice. If he's cut, no other team would pay the declining back a $7+ million salary, which the Skins are currently slated to do in 2010

Peace out portis. It's been fun.But you do more harm than good to the team.

well if campbell and portis are butting heads, i'm pretty sure it's JC for the win. Sad to see him go, but Portis' days are definitely numbered.

At this point in time, Campbell is definitely alot more valuable to the team than Portis is, whether it be in a trade scenario or keeping him here for at least this season to hold down the fort.

I have a feeling Portis will be shown the door, and will be watching games on Sunday with Edgerrin James and Shaun Alexander.

Peyton Hillis

Marcus Mason

Quinton Ganther

Rock Cartwright

Lineup for an adequate and inexpensive running game next season.

INSANITY

This worked out GREAT for us this year.

There are 5th-7th round rookies and street free agents that we could get more production from.

Sorry man, I VEHEMENTLY disagree.

We will see. It seems everyone is just assuming Clinton won't do the offseason regiment prescribed by Shanahan. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that and for Pete's sake stop with the JC vs CP garbage. It was blown out of proportion by lemmings who never even heard the interview. CP has already called Jason to clear the air and CP has been one of Jasons staunchest supporters while others have trashed him this season. So enough.

Clinton Portis is still by far our best runner. He was our best runner this year (not saying much I know) and this was his worst season of his career. No question that if they do decide to dump Clinton, they will need to go out and find other backs because the Merry Men who tried to replace him this year were garbage.

Clinton Portis is still by far our best runner. He was our best runner this year (not saying much I know) and this was his worst season of his career. No question that if they do decide to dump Clinton, they will need to go out and find other backs because the Merry Men who tried to replace him this year were garbage.

I don't know. Looking at this year only, I'd say Portis was our worst runner. Missed holes, never broke a tackle, couldn't get to the corner (when it was open), and had terrible balance.

But even if it's true, saying Portis is better than Ganther and Mason who were mid season street pick ups is not saying a lot. In fact, the possibility that you can make an argument that either were competitive or better than Portis just shows you how incredibly lousy he was.

Maybe, but you got to love Ganther's effort. Wish he had the physical talent (speed) to go along with it, but dang that man fought for yards and broke more tackles in a game than Portis did in two years.

Ganther actually tried to hit the hole also instead of running into the back of our linemen. Glad CP will be going.

We will see. It seems everyone is just assuming Clinton won't do the offseason regiment prescribed by Shanahan. I wouldn't be so quick to assume that and for Pete's sake stop with the JC vs CP garbage. It was blown out of proportion by lemmings who never even heard the interview. CP has already called Jason to clear the air and CP has been one of Jasons staunchest supporters while others have trashed him this season. So enough.

Clinton Portis is done. He once was great; Not anymore.

Portis doesn't practice, because he can't!

He will be cut by June.

Peyton Hillis

Marcus Mason

Quinton Ganther

Rock Cartwright

Lineup for an adequate and inexpensive running game next season.

We would need a great O-line for this unit to be effective. I wouldn't be against drafting a speed back that is lacking (McCluster) and bulking up the O-line and using these backs (might have to cut one of them)

Shanahan's M.O. has been rotating less heralded backs. Olandis Gary, Mike Bell, Selvin Young, Tatum Bell, Peyton Hillis. He can make his offense work with a collection of backs. I'm sure he wouldn't mind having a true starter but I don't think it's that important to him.

Shanahan seemed to make it clear, without saying directly, what he thinks about Portis and his work ethic. It seems that dumping Portis and Randle El is a good place to start on offensive changes. Marko Mitchell needs to get a chance.

As for a starting RB, if we get Alex Gibbs we could re-sign Riggo and he'd get 1200 yards. I'd love to see us sign Larry Johnson for a year or two. Go ahead and rip me but the guy runs hard and I've always loved him.

Archived