Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sign In Here If You're Convinced Nothing Has Changed...

Add your name by posting on here if you see the Allen/Shanahan hirings as "more of the same", that it's really no different than Gibbs/Cerrato, Spurrier/Cerrato, or Marty/Marty...that Snyder's incompetence and greed are still running the show, with the latest version of the Skins' FO nothing more than a marketing ploy to placate irate fans and an effort to rejuvenate ticket sales and good press. That Snyder will be just as "meddling" and impatient as you feel he's always been and either Shanny gets fired or quits within 2-3 years and Dan wants his "toy" back because he misses making the "big splash" and signing big, sexy free agents...

I'm not saying I do, btw...I just want to see who does. :cheers:

I'm just taking a wait-and-see approach. While the moves made by the team were more than necessary, I do question whether or not Shanahan was the best candidate out there, and whether Danny will be able to stay in the background and let the football people do their jobs. So, if anything, the jury is still out.

I'm encouraged by Shanahan being such a strong personality, but discouraged that he's been all buddy-buddy with The Dan. Dan doesn't do friends all that well in the end from the seat I'm in. I think Shanny's ego won't allow Dan to meddle nearly as much, and Bruce is there as a kind of wall to keep him at bay as well... That I like. I just hope Allen can compliment Shanny and help limit potential personnel mistakes, that have been a highlight of Shanny's resume.

Snyder is one of the youngest owners in the NFL. He isn't going anywhere for a very long time. Hiring Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan to run the show is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Basically what I'm saying is...get over the Snyder crap.

It's a little difficult to "get over the Snyder crap" when that man has turned our team into a laughingstock over the last decade.

Nothing has changed. I think $nyder is still involved enough that we'll continue to be mediocure for years to come. My prediction is no NFC East championships in the next three years.

Many would argue that it will take 3 years to even be competitive again. We have a ton of holes so I think you are correct. However it's also necessary. We as fans have adopted Snyders thoughts of 1 player away. This will take years!!!

It's a little difficult to "get over the Snyder crap" when that man has turned our team into a laughingstock over the last decade.

This is not accurate. He hasn't succeeded as our owner, but he certainly hasn't made us worse off than we were. Our records in 6 seasons PRIOR to Danny taking over:

4-12, 3-13, 6-10, 9-7, 8-7-1, 6-10.

Like all other Snyder hires, Shanahan will be gone.... hmmmm 3 years tops.

The problem hasn't been the lack of quality coaches .... its the lack of quality ownership. That's the one constant as you all well know. You all seem giddy like the first day Gibbs returned; when the ole ball coach was announced; when Schottenheimer walked through the door. But they all departed without winning records too

let's just say I'm not getting caught up in all the hoopla and fan fair at the beginning.

Shanny and Allen haven't accomplished anything as Redskins yet

My thoughts exactly, I won't be drinking any kool-aid just yet. We are still in the wastelands of the NFL, we'll see if Moses and Aaron can lead us to the Promised Land. However, if there is anything that makes me feel better its that Vinny is gone, Zorn is gone, a coaching staff shake-up is coming and Danny has given control to his coach and has said that he's backing away from football operations. We'll see.

But, after this 17 week season in purgatory I'm ready for any Hope and Change that is being offered.

even the crustiest curmudgeon has to be pitching a little bit of a tent right now. I do not care who you are.

sure there is doubt about snyder, but there is doubt about everything thing in this world. what did frodo baggins say about walking out your door everyday?

you got to go with what you see and hear, and so far, that has been a positive.

no way any redskins fan is not at least a "little" juiced.

I'm not concerned about Snyder meddling anymore. There were reports that "control" clauses were written into Allen's contract. Also, we have a new head coach who commands a lot of respect and has been given "total control" or "ultimate say" over football decisions.

To me, this was Snyder's attempt to cede control. He's essentially trying to protect his franchise from himself. In my opinion, if a situation arises in the future where Snyder injects himself into decision-making and it's allowed...the fault lies with Allen and Shanahan. We finally have people in the front office with both the clout and the personality to tell Snyder to back off. If there is a failure in this process over the next five years, it's on them, not the owner.

Snyder is one of the youngest owners in the NFL. He isn't going anywhere for a very long time. Hiring Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan to run the show is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Basically what I'm saying is...get over the Snyder crap.

+1000

add to that the fact that if he's stroking the checks he should want to be in the know at least.

Archived