Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sign In Here If You're Convinced Nothing Has Changed...

Wait and see.

This owner is a magician. What other owner could have (at least a portion of) the fanbase fired up four days after the end of the most miserable season in recent memory?

But this is still the guy who has failed over and over with just about every football related move since he took over. This is still the guy who sued his own fans in the middle of a recession. This is still the guy who provides his fans with the worst gameday experience in the NFL. This is a guy who is still a total loser - and will remain one until PROVEN otherwise.

Listen, I hope you are right.

It's just that as several posters here have pointed out, a leopard doesn't change his spots overnight. I'm just skeptical since we ARE dealing with Danny here.

Time will tell - otherwise he risks losing the fanbase (and any organic growth of fanbase among young, emerging potential sports fans in the DC area) for good.

He has already lost the fanbase, and lost the connection that once existed between the greater DC area community and this franchise.

This is the first step to getting those things back. The man has a long climb ahead of him

WTF do you want him to do? He hired one of the best available coaches and hired a GM with Redskins history.

Some people just love to ******* complain about ****.

I understand we are all frustrated, but i'd rather have someone doing something about it, then sitting back with their thumb up their ***

Shanahan and Allen would not have come here if Synder didn't back off. The big thing was that Synder got rid of Vinny. WE ALL WANTED THAT!! So, that right there is a start. Shanahan and Allen have control. When Zorn was fired, Allen did the press conference, not Synder. Thats what I was looking for. Time to stop whining.

WTF do you want him to do? He hired one of the best available coaches and hired a GM with Redskins history.

I understand we are all frustrated, but i'd rather have someone doing something about it, then sitting back with their thumb up their ***

These are good first steps - but this owner forfeited the right to the benefit of the doubt long ago. It's going to take more to convince all but the biggest homers that he has changed - let's see how this is working in-season, not off-season, which has always been the only time of year when this owner ever wins anything.

Its ridiculous. You are right. Synder brought in football people, with knowledge of the draft, cap etc. AND FANS ARE STILL WHINING!!!!!!!!!

Its incredible. The man got rid of a cancer(vinny), and we should all be happy.:mad:

It's been said before but here it is again. WE NEED BETTER PLAYERS. Offense, defense, special teams, you name it, we need upgrades just about everywhere. Orakpo, Cooley, Haynesworth, Moss, maybe a few others, and that's it right now. No GM, no coaching staff, nothing, can overcome mediocre talent. Until that changes, nothing else will. Hopefully, the new leadership sees that early on.

Snyder is one of the youngest owners in the NFL. He isn't going anywhere for a very long time. Hiring Bruce Allen and Mike Shanahan to run the show is a HUGE step in the right direction.

Basically what I'm saying is...get over the Snyder crap.

Agree. Let's move on people.

These are good first steps - but this owner forfeited the right to the benefit of the doubt long ago. It's going to take more to convince all but the biggest homers that he has changed - let's see how this is working in-season' date=' not off-season, which has always been the only time of year when this owner ever wins anything.[/quote']

no, the owner wins nothing in the offseason.

It's been said before but here it is again. WE NEED BETTER PLAYERS. Offense, defense, special teams, you name it, we need upgrades just about everywhere. Orakpo, Cooley, Haynesworth, Moss, maybe a few others, and that's it right now. No GM, no coaching staff, nothing, can overcome mediocre talent. Until that changes, nothing else will. Hopefully, the new leadership sees that early on.

How much do you think it was coaching?

We won't know until the offseason completes to see if much of anything has changed yet. But I do think were heading in the right direction. Shanny is without arguement a better head coach then Jim Zorn

zorn in a lot of ways, was worse than Spurrier. Shanny is a huge upgrade, but I just don't understand why some are whining.

He has already lost the fanbase' date=' and lost the connection that once existed between the greater DC area community and this franchise.

This is the first step to getting those things back. The man has a long climb ahead of him[/quote']

A very, very long climb.

He may never reclaim what The Squire had once created here.

I hope he does.

Its ridiculous. You are right. Synder brought in football people, with knowledge of the draft, cap etc. AND FANS ARE STILL WHINING!!!!!!!!!

Its incredible. The man got rid of a cancer(vinny), and we should all be happy.:mad:

Please shut up.

This is a thread for people who are convinced nothing has changed (or are at least suspicious that it has).

We are entitled to our opinion without being called "whiners".

Take that weak **** to one of the homer threads.

zorn in a lot of ways, was worse than Spurrier. Shanny is a huge upgrade, but I just don't understand why some are whining.

Nobody is questioning whether Shanny is a better HC than Zorn.

The question is whether the deeper, more fundamental issues affecting the organization are being addressed.

You need to start reading more thoroughly, my friend. You are completely missing the point.

Hard to say for sure right now, but the acid test will be if we get off to a poor start, or things start well and then we hit a losing streak. How long will Dan leave it before he gives in to the overwhelming temptation to get involved again.

Never forget, Dan really thinks he knows football!

But, this is another issue. Remember, we're a 4-12 team with many holes. Holes that most likely won't all be filled during one off-season. We have an aging roster and question marks at just about every position on the field. On top of that, you have a new regime coming in that wants to put its stamp on the team immediately. Given all that, it's going to take time to correct the mistakes of the past decade, possibly two-to-three seasons at least.

The one thing Danny needs to keep in mind as we enter this "new era" is that the Skins aren't a very good football team right now, and it's going to take a lot of time and patience to get them back to respectability.

Wait lemme guess. The OP is the same guy that emailed Kevin and Tom on the sports fix on espn 980 that said "nothing has changed". Right?

Are you serious? Nothing has changed?

1. We fired Vinny (yes like the fans wanted)

2. We hired a new GM.

3. We fired Zorn (yes like the fans wanted)

4. We hired Shanahan

5. Sherm Smith isn't the OC now, Kyle Shanahan is.

6. Greg Blache won't be the DC. Most likely we'll get Zimmer.

How in the world can you say nothing has changed? Are you that blind?

Sign me to this. Things will not change for the better, more FA nonsense and draft day ignorance are on the way.

To me, Snyder owes the Redskins fan base far more than just a new head coach and GM. Even a winning team is not enough. His treatment of the fans over this past year was completely appalling.

His constant price gouging, repeated attempts to find new ways to ruin a game day experience so he can generate new revenue streams, suing the fans, trying to censor upset fans. The fans of this franchise deserve a lot better considering the support this franchise has gotten under Snyder's failed tenure. I, for one have had enough. Snyder doesn't deserve to have me support his franchise. As far as I am concerned he has stolen the Redskins from me and ruined it beyond his repair. Only his leaving(which will probably never happen in my lifetime) could get me to come back.

I will say this too, winning will not change this. I never want to see Snyder get handed a Lombardi trophy. Call me a "bad fan" if you want, but I feel this is the only proper recourse for what Snyder has done.

Archived