Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Expect Antwaan Randle El to be cut due to his salary

Oldskool

Per Rotoworld:

Antwaan Randle El-WR-Redskins Jan. 5 - 5:46 pm et

Redskins WR/PR Antwaan Randle El is due a $4.25 million salary in 2010, plus a $6.25 million offseason roster bonus.

Randle El's salary drops to $1.95M if the bonus is paid before August 31, but he's likely played his last down in burgundy and gold, no matter who coaches the team. The 30-year-old is still a decent slot receiver, finishing 2009 with 50 grabs for 530 yards, but offers no vertical ability and is totally ineffective on punt returns. He's not worth close to $8.2 million.

Per Rotoworld:

Antwaan Randle El-WR-Redskins Jan. 5 - 5:46 pm et

Redskins WR/PR Antwaan Randle El is due a $4.25 million salary in 2010, plus a $6.25 million offseason roster bonus.

Randle El's salary drops to $1.95M if the bonus is paid before August 31, but he's likely played his last down in burgundy and gold, no matter who coaches the team. The 30-year-old is still a decent slot receiver, finishing 2009 with 50 grabs for 530 yards, but offers no vertical ability and is totally ineffective on punt returns. He's not worth close to $8.2 million.

oh i almost forgot!!!

:munchout: "mmmm needs more salt, still good though"

Wait, so what does that mean he'd be paid if released?

if you cut/fire someone you pay them their garaunteed money.

we're going to pay zorn for nothing next year.

the reason ARE's alary drops if we cut him by a certain date, is because the bonus money is no longer a factor.

just like if we cut haynesworth, we'll only owe him 41 mil (or whatever it is) - what he made in 2009. not 100 mil

I like ARE as a person, I think everyone expected him to be better than he was in Pittsburgh though, signed him to a ridiculous contract (hopefully that stops happening now) and thought he was going to be a great #2, though in Pitt he was a slot guy, always #3, never a #2, and a trick play guy.

His punt returns however, man that was painful and I'm glad it's over. Now we can finally get DT, MK, and S&M on the field together, throw a little CC and FD in there too. MMMMmmmmmmm.

I like ARE as a person, I think everyone expected him to be better than he was in Pittsburgh though, signed him to a ridiculous contract (hopefully that stops happening now) and thought he was going to be a great #2, though in Pitt he was a slot guy, always #3, never a #2, and a trick play guy.

His punt returns however, man that was painful and I'm glad it's over. Now we can finally get DT, MK, and S&M on the field together, throw a little CC and FD in there too. MMMMmmmmmmm.

ARE was signed to be a #3 not a #2. He moved to #2 because B Lloyd did not work out.

if you cut/fire someone you pay them their garaunteed money.

we're going to pay zorn for nothing next year.

the reason ARE's alary drops if we cut him by a certain date, is because the bonus money is no longer a factor.

just like if we cut haynesworth, we'll only owe him 41 mil (or whatever it is) - what he made in 2009. not 100 mil

Actually, I don't think that is true about AH. He is due a $21 million roster bonus later this year. If we cut him, I believe we'd owe him nothing more and he'd become a free agent again.

Let me state this first - Having Randle El's character is not worth the $8mm...

However, it's sad to see a character guy like him leave. I'm glad all Moss does is play his heart out, i think Thomas and Kelly (and Mitchell dare i say) have had 2 good leaders in the WR department that they can look to for Character and "heart".

As many have stated already, ARE is a great guy. He's the type you want your kids to look up to as a role model. Having said that, his production is not worthy of the salary he is receiving. He's pretty average as a WR and has declined as a returner since he has come here. We can bring some undrafted rookie to return punts and kicks for us much cheaper. Who knows, that rookie may turn up to be a gem like Wes Welker. Thanks for your services, Antaawn.

S&M? I thought that was what we were watching when ARE went back to FC punts.

Archived