Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen Press Confrence at 12:30 Discuss here

SIXX99

It sounds like he's saying the same things, except with more confidence.

98% of all GMs say the same things as each other during their press conferences...what people get excited over is that with Bruce Allen you have an experienced GM with a Super Bowl appearance on his resume saying these things with a confidence and stature that sounds as if he knows what he's doing. Vinny, on the otherhand, tended to sound as if he was trying to mimick what real GMs do and say when he had his press conferences. He also touched on a few things that many Skins fans hold important--the team's history, having a strong, motivated coach who's a true leader, etc...and with his own history growing up with and around the Redskins and having a strong, motivated Skins coach as his father those types of comments just come across as being extremely sincere and real. Vinny, on the otherhand, would fidget and stare bug-eyed as he tried to convey some of these same things.

That happened because:

1) It was freakin' Joe Gibbs lol...he's a legend in Redskinsland.

2) Vinny was "GM" and had all the backbone of an overcooked strand of spaghetti. No way in hell that describes Allen.

Shanny might get a title other than head coach that has something to do with personnel oversight but I just don't see Bruce Allen saying "I have no say-so over player acquisition, that's Shanahan's area."

I agree with this ... also doesn't it seem a little weird that our new GM would be hiring a new HC and personnel man, and essentially hiring a man that will have more authority than himself? Seems kind of backwards to be hired by someone who you will ultimately have more power/authority over.

Though this is the redskins, so i guess anything is possible. I see this structure working similar to the Gibbs/Cerrato partnership, though both men in this case would have a much better grasp of personnel and organizational/cap managment decisions.

Hmm. A somewhat enigmatic appelation for the avatar. The IT guys & TK are working on new avatars as we speak. Interestingly, I have been told by a number of psoters that my avatar will be missed. I will miss it. Relatedly, we are also considering whether or not you would be missed.

I wouldn't be missed, but I'd definitely miss your avatar.......

98% of all GMs say the same things as each other during their press conferences...what people get excited over is that with Bruce Allen you have an experienced GM with a Super Bowl appearance on his resume saying these things with a confidence and stature that sounds as if he knows what he's doing. Vinny, on the otherhand, tended to sound as if he was trying to mimick what real GMs do and say when he had his press conferences. He also touched on a few things that many Skins fans hold important--the team's history, having a strong, motivated coach who's a true leader, etc...and with his own history growing up with and around the Redskins and having a strong, motivated Skins coach as his father those types of comments just come across as being extremely sincere and real. Vinny, on the otherhand, would fidget and stare bug-eyed as he tried to convey some of these same things.

We'll see how long that excitement lasts. The fans need someone to beat up now that Vinny is gone.

I love everything I heard from him, he appears to be in charge and ready to take charge, and he sounds like he has a plan - which is good because this franchise hasn't had a plan in more than a decade. He's professional and hard-nosed, unlike the circus clown who was there before him.

Skirming? What does it mean to skirm? Has it been banned yet in any states? Should I be on the lookout for anyone that skirms? Is it a new drug like salvia? :silly:

Since there is no such word as skirming in the dictionary, I think he meant skirmishing.

Well, thank God Bruce is smart enough to not publicly denigrate a possible commodity or even stop-gap player. That doesn't mean anyone thinks highly of JC's future.

Even ZORN could not endorse Campbell as a franchise QB, and not just because of ____ O-line give me a break. That O-line was fine yesterday and against the second string of San Diego's defense (not the Bears 85) he mustered 2 FGs and couldn't even hit the field of play on his last throw and was woefully inaccurate most of the game.

Lynch, Gruden, jaworski have all publicly criticized Campbell on TV recently, to say nothing of coaches who wanted nothing to do with him. Frankly, I can think of only one reason Mitchell supports Campbell and it's because it's a surrogate conflict for his war with the Redskins over the years. Well, there's another reason and we know what that is but...anyway.

The line has nothing to do with the league-wide perception of Campbell.

Enlighten us what is the other reason...

Well, thank God Bruce is smart enough to not publicly denigrate a possible commodity or even stop-gap player. That doesn't mean anyone thinks highly of JC's future.

Even ZORN could not endorse Campbell as a franchise QB, and not just because of ____ O-line give me a break. That O-line was fine yesterday and against the second string of San Diego's defense (not the Bears 85) he mustered 2 FGs and couldn't even hit the field of play on his last throw and was woefully inaccurate most of the game.

Lynch, Gruden, jaworski have all publicly criticized Campbell on TV recently, to say nothing of coaches who wanted nothing to do with him. Frankly, I can think of only one reason Mitchell supports Campbell and it's because it's a surrogate conflict for his war with the Redskins over the years. Well, there's another reason and we know what that is but...anyway.

The line has nothing to do with the league-wide perception of Campbell.

San diego doesnt have a pass rush even with there starters I imigine they wont make it past the AFC championship game

Ah somethings never change on this board. Every1 is kissing his a** right now but, if we go 8-8 next year the same folks will be calling for his head.:gang:

8-8 and scoring 28 points a game ... no, don't think so.

8-8 and pulling a josh micky D's in denver or a zorn in 2008, YES, and deservedly so.

8-8 and riddled with injuries, no don't think so.

8-8 and competitive up until the end, no, don't think so.

we are not that mindless friend-o

JC turns the ball over too much to ever be an elite QB. That said, the WC offense doesn't play into his strengths as a player. Strong arm, and decent mobility. I could see him having more success behind a strong offensive line with big fast receivers that can make plays on the ball.

So far so good, I thought Allen came off looking and sounding like he knows how to do the job, something that has been sadly lacking for a while now.

Kudos to Cali, you really nailed it about Vinny. He was doing an impersonation of a GM, that is precisely how it seemed.

Archived