Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen Press Confrence at 12:30 Discuss here

SIXX99

Some are going to start skirming over this

Well bubba, I agree with Allen -

All I hope is Jason starts to project his flustration in voice, rather than holding it in ;) - and STATE, we need a FRONT OFFENSIVE LINE TO HELP ME OUT to have TIME to set and throw.......

There, I said it for Jason.:evilg:

Allen certainly looked like he was going to be the one shaping the future of this team. For as long as I watched I didn't hear him mention Snyder's name at all. He said he has seen enough to know what they need to do in the upcoming months. Said that he knows there are leaders on this team and that they need to let these players start using their leadership skills. In other words, they may not be recognized as team leaders yet. I took this as meaning Orakpo and possibly Haynesworth.....

I also think he clearly knows who his next head coach is going to be.

For a guy that believes that the status quo needs to be destroyed, he still has a problem using the "rebuilding" word. When are people in this organization going to realize that a complete rebuilding is needed. Not just this NOW NOW NOW mentality from Richie Rich

You have to remember the mentality of his father. It's hard to expect him to talk about rebuilding.

Some are going to start skirming over this

It's posturing for a suitable suitor for Jason. Think about it. If we were really hopeful to re-sign Jason to a long term contract (long being the key here), then why say something that puts Jason in the drivers seat in contract talks? Those comments say nothing about Jason's future on our team but speaks about Jason in general. We have alot of reasons to prop Jason up on a pedistal for the rest of the league to look at. Or it means that Jason's staying here as the starter next year. Sorry but I don't think it says its a forgone conclussion that Jason stays.

It was really cool to hear a competant voice speaking in behalf of my beloved Redskins. I actually felt there was no double-talk or cryptic messages. It seemed genuine and straight from the hip.

Obviously, he can't go into details about everything at this time, but that was an excellent presser following this mornings events.

For a guy that believes that the status quo needs to be destroyed, he still has a problem using the "rebuilding" word. When are people in this organization going to realize that a complete rebuilding is needed. Not just this NOW NOW NOW mentality from Richie Rich

He was talking about the "status quo" of how the organization and team is run. Complete rebuilding? You think this defense needs to be completely rebuilt? The defense just needs some better coaching that will crack down on some of the guys and tailor the scheme to fit the personnel better. Sure we could use some added depth in places but every team needs that every offseason. The offense is the part that needs to be rebuilt (minus the WR and TE corps).

And I like what B-Mitch said - Campbell hasn't proved that he's a franchise player yet because this franchise hasn't proved they're a franchise, they need a franchise OL.

Well, thank God Bruce is smart enough to not publicly denigrate a possible commodity or even stop-gap player. That doesn't mean anyone thinks highly of JC's future.

Even ZORN could not endorse Campbell as a franchise QB, and not just because of ____ O-line give me a break. That O-line was fine yesterday and against the second string of San Diego's defense (not the Bears 85) he mustered 2 FGs and couldn't even hit the field of play on his last throw and was woefully inaccurate most of the game.

Lynch, Gruden, jaworski have all publicly criticized Campbell on TV recently, to say nothing of coaches who wanted nothing to do with him. Frankly, I can think of only one reason Mitchell supports Campbell and it's because it's a surrogate conflict for his war with the Redskins over the years. Well, there's another reason and we know what that is but...anyway.

The line has nothing to do with the league-wide perception of Campbell.

Bruce Allen coming up in about 5 minutes. Link in just a second...

To hear Bruce say it, the Redskins are looking for the NEXT JOE GIBBS...

And I'm sorry, but ShannyFanny AIN'T IT!!!!

I'll buy into this if I hear that Snyder's personal parking place at Redskins Park has been eliminated!

Didn't say anything new that would make me optimistic about the future. I would've liked to hear an honest assessment. Once again, our beloved team will look to make a big splash. He didn't address an obvious huge concern which is the offensive line.

:helmet:

He was talking about the "status quo" of how the organization and team is run. Complete rebuilding? You think this defense needs to be completely rebuilt? The defense just needs some better coaching that will crack down on some of the guys and tailor the scheme to fit the personnel better. Sure we could use some added depth in places but every team needs that every offseason. The offense is the part that needs to be rebuilt (minus the WR and TE corps).

This is exactly right.

Archived