Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bruce Allen Press Confrence at 12:30 Discuss here

SIXX99

I don't expect him to address with the fans, but with personnel and coaches and then with action.

Yeah but whose taking the actions? If Shanahan comes here and is given full power over personnel, that's too much weight. If Shanahan comes here to be the head coach then we have a chance. Finally if Snyder is still calling shots on things then history will repeat itself.

:helmet:

Don't over-hype the stat it's 66.7% for passes 10yds or less! Yes Campbell led the league in passes completed less the 10 yds. So hype it how you want but that is mediocre anyway you spin it!

What's that got to do with the statement I addressed that he was inaccurate in yesterday's game? Absolutely nothing!

Sounds like Allen has a plan, which is more than we could say for Vinny. I wouldn't be opposed to bringing JC back. There aren't going to be many options available in Free Agency and if we do get a rookie QB, we wouldn't have to rush him in there since we would still have JC. I wouldn't sign JC to a long term deal, but a 1 year deal would be fine with me.

He was DIRECTLY responding to the claim that Campbell was "woefully inaccurate" which is, coincidentally enough, a woefully inaccurate statement.

Spin it how you want.

I think the question that needs to be asked is "what is meant by the word accuracy?"

If accuracy means completion percentage, then no he isn't woeful.

If accuracy means ball placement and touch, then yes he is woeful.

Astute observation (not that I'm calling you a "stute" :silly: ).

And I agree with your implication. Nothing there is gauranteed either way---yet. ;)

Hey Jumbo,

Now that we no longer have Jim Zorn as our coach, I was wondering how much longer you will keep the "Invisible Conehead BJ's" Avatar?

thx

k

by!

Yeah but whose taking the actions? If Shanahan comes here and is given full power over personnel, that's too much weight. If Shanahan comes here to be the head coach then we have a chance. Finally if Snyder is still calling shots on things then history will repeat itself.

For some reason I don't see Bruce Allen letting anyone come in here and have "full power" over anything besides him lol...

Don't over-hype the stat it's 66.7% for passes 10yds or less! Yes Campbell led the league in passes completed less the 10 yds. So hype it how you want but that is mediocre anyway you spin it!

We ran a West Coast offense. A majority of the passes are under 10 yards in a WC Offense. I actually think Campbell's strength is his intermediate passing game. He is also great at the short throws.

If yr line only permits you to take 3-step drops, how do you complete longer passes?

anyone else have issues accessing the press conference online? I was online right when it started, but only got a blue screen. Now when I go to Redskins.com, all I get is the background football field photo.

Hey Jumbo,

Now that we no longer have Jim Zorn as our coach, I was wondering how much longer you will keep the "Invisible Conehead BJ's" Avatar?

thx

k

by!

Hmm. A somewhat enigmatic appelation for the avatar. The IT guys & TK are working on new avatars as we speak. Interestingly, I have been told by a number of psoters that my avatar will be missed. I will miss it. Relatedly, we are also considering whether or not you would be missed.

For some reason I don't see Bruce Allen letting anyone come in here and have "full power" over anything besides him lol...

We don't know that for sure. But I'm willing to bet that Shanahan will come in with a double title. I may lose but it's not all that impossible. Gibbs 2.0 was given that double title.

anyone else have issues accessing the press conference online? I was online right when it started, but only got a blue screen. Now when I go to Redskins.com, all I get is the background football field photo.

My inablity to view the latest redskin.com videos from three different locations so far on this busy Monday (at real work and here) or view them, including the presser by linking in through media players is frustrating and will hopefully be soon resolved.

My inablity to view the latest redskin.com videos from three different locations so far on this busy Monday (at real work and here) or view them, including the presser by linking in through media players is frustrating and will hopefully be soon resolved.

ok, I'll chalk it up to busy interwebz...

He was DIRECTLY responding to the claim that Campbell was "woefully inaccurate" which is, coincidentally enough, a woefully inaccurate statement.

Spin it how you want.

It's not spin. Lynch pointed out (as if we needed yet another broadcaster to tell us what we already know) how the receiver is put into a position where he has to jump or make some kind of play on a ball that should be a routine completion and run after catch. He called attention to the fact that campbell is not an accurate passer.

In fact, over bowl weekend and this weekend's NFL games, I believe I have heard twice how the measure of a QB isn't his completion percentage but how he places the ball in relation to his receiver and the receiver's route (and the defenders.)

So take issue with people who know and played the game, rather than stat-nerds who like to take statistics out of context or out of all experience of WATCHING the game and observing competence at a given position.

In any case, I liked the PC and his tone, even if he didn't say much.

When we hire Shanahan or someone else, I will expect more specifics from Allen and the new coach (though not so specific it hinders our success.) Notice that Allen did not lie to the press when asked about certain things, he merely evaded. So people who would like to advance certain notions should keep that in mind and frame their opinions accordingly.

We don't know that for sure. But I'm willing to bet that Shanahan will come in with a double title. I may lose but it's not all that impossible. Gibbs 2.0 was given that double title.

That happened because:

1) It was freakin' Joe Gibbs lol...he's a legend in Redskinsland.

2) Vinny was "GM" and had all the backbone of an overcooked strand of spaghetti. No way in hell that describes Allen.

Shanny might get a title other than head coach that has something to do with personnel oversight but I just don't see Bruce Allen saying "I have no say-so over player acquisition, that's Shanahan's area."

I think he got that one backwards.

No, I think he meant that for every terribly average QB who wins a SB, there are 10 Joe Montana-type elite QBs who are hoisting the hardware.

Which would be true (well, maybe not a 10-to-1 ratio but something lopsided.)

Archived