Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Per Adam Shefter: Dan Snyder told Allen he will step back (merged)

TSO

Adam Shefter just stated on Sports Center (on right now 7am-8am) that Mike Shanahan would rather come to the Redskins since the situation is more to to his liking. According to Shefter, Dan Snyder has "made it very clear to his new VP/GM that Dan Snyder is going to step back and away and leave the franchise in control of the new GM and the new HC whoever that is once the Redskins do dismiss Jim Zorn. Take Dallas out of the equation for Mike Shanahan - it will not happen - Washington, however, is very much in play."

And yes that is an exact quote and yes I just rewound my DVR like 8 times to be as accurate as possible. Also, I am that lame. :silly:

He said the same thing last night before the game. I'd be surprised if Shanahan isn't here within minutes of us being able to hire him legally.

Man I hope you're right. We need some stability. I can't take going to Christmas with my in-laws in Philly in two days for many more years like this. Just sitting around that table with them. Ugggghhh. I wanna puke.

I'll believe it when I will see it. When free agency time will come, if they are a few big names available we will see if Snyder doesn't make a move. I doubt it.

The difference this time is that he won't have Vinny here to enable the impulse to go after the big names. I think his fantasy football days are over and they need to be. Allen won't let that happen, nor will Shanahan IF he's the next head coach.

He said the same thing last night before the game. I'd be surprised if Shanahan isn't here within minutes of us being able to hire him legally.

I'll be surprised if Shanahan isn't introduced at the postgame news conference right after the San Diego game.

Just give Zorn his plane tickets on the side line to fly back to Seattle.

Schefter is also claiming Shanahan won't be in Dallas....

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2009/shanahan-will-not-join-cowboys-redskins-more-likely/

Mike Shanahan will not be the coach of the Dallas Cowboys in 2010 according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.

Schefter reported that the former Broncos coach is instead “eying other situations.”

With the Dallas Cowboys out of Shanahan’s picture, the likelihood that he winds up with the Washington Redskins only grows.

It has been widely reported that Redskins owner Daniel Snyder has been in talks with Shanahan for some time and went so far as to hire him twice in the past year.

The timing may not have been right then. It is now.

The Redskins hired Bruce Allen as their new general manager this past week.

Shanahan and Allen have presented themselves as a package in the past when opportunity knocked in Buffalo.

The difference this time is that he won't have Vinny here to enable the impulse to go after the big names. I think his fantasy football days are over and they need to be. Allen won't let that happen, nor will Shanahan IF he's the next head coach.

Vinny will still be "around" as an advisor, so we should still be a little skeptical....

Adam Shefter just stated on Sports Center (on right now 7am-8am) that Mike Shanahan would rather come to the Redskins since the situation is more to to his likening. According to Shefter, Dan Snyder has "made it very clear to his new VP/GM that Dan Snyder is going to step back and away and leave the franchise in control of the new GM and the new HC whoever that is once the Redskins do dismiss Jim Zorn.
Thank you submitted. This is crucial information for the fan base. After living through TWO winning seasons in ELEVEN years - the less Dan Snyder, the better.

So is this a backhanded way of admitting that Danny indeed was deeply involved in the running of football operations?

Wow, after a decade of hiding behind others to take the hits, "we're making this decision together", Danny finally sort of admits that he in fact was making football decisions.

Sorry, I won't be giving him applause for finally giving this up (assuming he really does). He had no business sticking his nose in the football side of things from the get go. The worst decade of Redskins football in 40 years is the result of his arrogance and vanity.

I'll believe it when I will see it. When free agency time will come, if they are a few big names available we will see if Snyder doesn't make a move. I doubt it.

When "sacred cows" such as Portis, Moss, and ARE are given their walking papers in the offseason, we'll know it's true.

If those guys are still on the team, I'd have to guess Snyder is still far more involved than this report suggests.

We'll have to wait and see.

Archived