Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Per Adam Shefter: Dan Snyder told Allen he will step back (merged)

TSO

EVERYBODY that comes here gets paid. You know that. Late rounder or not, you know Snyder & Vinny would have given him a $40 million contract.

Uhmmm, no, not rookies. We wait just like every other team to see how much the guys drafted around him get paid and pay him accordingly. Same thing we did with Orakpo last draft.

Interesting to see how a thread about Dan Snyder saying he'll step back and be hands off manages only three pages and ends up on the tail end of The Stadium.

Where would this be had it been Adam Shefter reporting Snyder and Allen will be working very closely together? Any guess on the post count after 24 hrs? ;)

427 with at least 6 members banned because of excessive profanity filter violations,4 banned for that and calling each other names,and 2 banned for saying it's all Campbell's fault. ;)

It would be interesting to see the contract that Bruce Allen got. If I were a GM coming in to Washington,I'd want some specifics written in to guarantee that I'm making the decisions without the chance of override by ownership. Or something like that.

427 with at least 6 members banned because of excessive profanity filter violations,4 banned for that and calling each other names,and 2 banned for saying it's all Campbell's fault. ;)

It would be interesting to see the contract that Bruce Allen got. If I were a GM coming in to Washington,I'd want some specifics written in to guarantee that I'm making the decisions without the chance of override by ownership. Or something like that.

:hysterical::hysterical: I won't even question the accuracy of those numbers, lol. I wouldn't be surprised if you honestly knew them to the second decimal off the top of your head.

I would LOVE to see that contract as well, by the way.

Ownership approval for any personnel acquisitions costing more than $X. Just make sure that figure is so high that it would only apply to big name FAs, then go out and build a team instead of an all-star lineup.

Not at all. I wasn't necessarily being literal, merely pointing at the fact that Snyder & Vinny liked to overpay their "talent".

Ok, I see. They definitely overpay in Free Agency, but not draft picks. I think that distinction should be made. :)

To start with, I think Snyder has proven repeatedly that he can abide by the rules somehow (or sidestep them thru some weird loophole) & still hire someone at 12:01am. He'll interview someone like Denny Green over a breakfast at IHOP & that'll be the end of it.

As far as not needing the rule anymore, while I understand where you are coming from to a degree, racism is still very much alive & there are still a lot of "good ole boys" in this League that would LOVE to not be forced into interviewing minorities.

If you have hate in your heart, let it out brother!! lol

When "sacred cows" such as Portis, Moss, and ARE are given their walking papers in the offseason, we'll know it's true.

If those guys are still on the team, I'd have to guess Snyder is still far more involved than this report suggests.

We'll have to wait and see.

Especially when we have Portis publicly saying he'd be "okay" with Shanahan coming here. :doh::doh:

Interesting to see how a thread about Dan Snyder saying he'll step back and be hands off manages only three pages and ends up on the tail end of The Stadium.

Where would this be had it been Adam Shefter reporting Snyder and Allen will be working very closely together? Any guess on the post count after 24 hrs? ;)

yeah cuz people would rather bash the negative instead of looking at the + side of things.danny is'nt the only one who needs to change his ways.the west coast offense takes three years to learn and if rumors are true and shanny's the next hc it could be 2-3 years 4 him to get the line and qb right.so fans are going to have to stay calm and not freak out and start bashing the team as soon as we go three and out in the preseason. it takes time to build a winner. i see people sayin they would love to have fisher or cowher but they dont realize those guys look good cause thier owners gave them time to develop the team to fit their system.now days fans and owners expect coachs to make thier sytem to fit the players that are on the roster and win day one.

From what I know, isn't Snyder born and raised in maryland and was a Die hard Skins fan before becoming the owner? If he was a Hardcore fan like all of us here, why is it hard for this guy to see things in Fan's perspective? I mean, when he had fans kicked out of the stadium because they would not get rid of their signs or would not stop chanting " Snyder sucks" makes me think otherwise.

But what gets me the most is that if he was a diehard fan growing up as a kid, does he not care about how this Skins teams means so much to us and that it was part of our upbriging? It was part of our childhood and it meant so much more than just another football team.

If money really can make people forget about their childhood memory, it is truely sad.

And for that, I want him to man up and start making drastic changes or sell the team to somebody else that cares. This isn't his team. This is our team.

He was not patient and believen in "Now is the future".... he was in the notion that he can get few superstars and win the ring, but he has been proved wrong... Let's not lie we have been excited about most of his moves at least at the time when he made the moves.... I think he just made the best move for the Redskins by hiring a GM.. all that he needs to do is step back, relax and let the GM do his work... GM need to bring a real coach... Good GM and a Good Coach will definitely put us in the rite path.. Hail to the Skins!

Archived