Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Per Adam Shefter: Dan Snyder told Allen he will step back (merged)

TSO

He was not patient and believen in "Now is the future".... he was in the notion that he can get few superstars and win the ring, but he has been proved wrong... Let's not lie we have been excited about most of his moves at least at the time when he made the moves.... I think he just made the best move for the Redskins by hiring a GM.. all that he needs to do is step back, relax and let the GM do his work... GM need to bring a real coach... Good GM and a Good Coach will definitely put us in the rite path.. Hail to the Skins!

yeah well, i guess my post was little vague. i wsa trying to point out that he was a hardcore fan like us and to treat fans now by kicking them out because they wont get rid of their signs or chanting something he did not like to hear had me pissed and a little puzzled about this guy. and i know when u get down to laws and policies, that he has the right to do so but again, if he was born and raised hardcore die hard Skins fans, he should have the same sentiments as we do and would not have kicked them out.

Old habits die hard. But Snyder can do it. He knew that he wouldn't get a valuable head coach if Cerratto were around, so he decided to kick Vinny Man to the curb and hire a legitimate, all around, league respected GM in Bruce Allen. With Allen now onboard and with Cerratto gone, a head coach will be intrigued about the Washington Redskins head coaching vacancy.

After ten years of owning the Redskins, Snyder is still learning to be an owner. He's tried every approach. Now, he finally realizes that it's time for him to step back and let a quality General Manager run his franchise.

Snyder has said this before. I love the dude, but it was apparent when answering the direct question about where the buck stops in the allen press conference:

"when we make a decision....when HE makes a decision....its a club decision, its a redskins decision"

Snyder is still very much involved, believe that. He may take a couple steps back, but he is not going to be hands off.

Bingo

Right on

Exactly

I can not believe that any Redskins fan would believe that Snyder will be out of the decision making, read the sig....

Bingo

Right on

Exactly

I can not believe that any Redskins fan would believe that Snyder will be out of the decision making, read the sig....

Remember, Snyder is still signing the checks. The fact is, every team has to have the owner involved when making any decisions because he's the guy who signs the checks... it's that simple. That quote can't be taken alone without the context of what Adam Shefter is reporting now. They both are valid, and not necessarily contradictory so to take just one quote and use that to justify your position is intellectual dishonesty and insincere.

I think it will be difficult for Snyder to legitimately "step back", even if he claims to be willing to - even if he genuinely believes he will. The problem (for us) is he's been involved too long. He gets a euphoria dealing with players (human beings) as if they are race horses. It's too much fun for him to be actively involved in the team. It's a power-trip-induced-euphoria, not unlike the euphoria one might get from mood enhancing drugs.

I think he may intend to step back, but I also think he will break that promise to himself and step back in - simply because he is addicted and his willpower is weak. He can't help himself.

I really hope I'm wrong, but that's how I see it.

I think it will be difficult for Snyder to legitimately "step back", even if he claims to be willing to - even if he genuinely believes he will. The problem (for us) is he's been involved too long. He gets a euphoria dealing with players (human beings) as if they are race horses. It's too much fun for him to be actively involved in the team. It's a power-trip-induced-euphoria, not unlike the euphoria one might get from mood enhancing drugs.

I think he may intend to step back, but I also think he will break that promise to himself and step back in - simply because he is addicted and his willpower is weak. He can't help himself.

I really hope I'm wrong, but that's how I see it.

You may be right, but for now, he seems to want to give up his addiction. At least he's at step one. ;)

Snyder aint going nowhere. He is just trying to take the heat off himself. He is still the guy that has the final say!

It depends on what he is having the final say on.

He is still the owner and CEO, so if he wants to talk about how much the FO can pay for a free agent, or how much of a contract they should give to a draft choice, then I think he has every right to.

Now if he is the final say on who the next HC is, or who we should draft, then he needs to butt out and let Allen do his job.

Till I see contrary I am going to expect that Allen is running the team.

Shananan and about ten other coaches could do well under Bruce Allen. The key is what we all know the key to be: Can Shanahan get it written into his contract that Snyder will nose out of football matters and let him run the team.

Players and coaches alike over the last decade have just dropped in for a season or two to collect a few Snyder inflated paychecks, then they are outta there. Bruce Allen will be the same unless he can waive a legal document in front of Snyder's face guarnteeing that he will stay out of football operations.

Other Items: Good bye Campbell - he absolutely must be given the boot; Good bye Portis, your glory days are gone.

A major sign to me that Danny is prepared to back off is him firing Vinny err Vinny resigning. I don't think Danny did it to simply appease the fanbase as some of you think, if Danny wanted to appease the fanbase he would have whacked Vinny years ago.

We'll know for sure if Danny is backing off if CP is sent packing given the relationship Danny & CP have. If CP is gone, we'll know that Bruce & Shanny are in charge.

Archived