Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What QB could perform behind that lousy OL!!!!`

armyofme

Because he did lead the team to 0 points, I don't see why that bothers you so much.

JC has his flaws, no one ever claimed him to be a great QB. I'll assume you're speaking on the Dallas or Philly games in regards to him. My main argument to his credit and defense there was that he had the team in position to win the game only to have the opposing team drive the length of the field on our defense and win on their last possession of both games. I never made an argument that JC is an awesome QB, or that he carried the team on his shoulder and put on a spectacular performance.

I also point out the flaws in JC's game. BOTH of his interceptions last night were some of worst plays I've ever seen from the QB position in the NFL this season, excluding when Cutler or Sanchez drop back to throw.

It is what it is. Campbell did not have a great game. Not that it mattered, we could have had Peyton Manning last night and we still would have got owned.

And why do you feel it so important to bring up "0 points" multiple times in the course of one thread? You have no real reason to bring it up, the only one of which you can provide is that it's true, so stop bringing it up if it doesn't contribute to the discussion. We could have had Peyton Manning in for four plays and you'd sit there claiming Peyton Manning is not the answer.

I know I am going to get alot of heat from this but I do feel that if Colt Brennan

is still with redskins for next year... Give him a chance to play first 4 to 6 games

next year what we got to lose anyway and he keep Hawaii in top 15 ranking for 3

years and look at Hawaii now they have not crack top 75 ranking since Colt Brennan

went in draft with us here...

I know I am going to get alot of heat from this but I do feel that if Colt Brennan

is still with redskins for next year... Give him a chance to play first 4 to 6 games

years and look at Hawaii now they have not crack top 75 ranking since Colt Brennan

I would want to see Jason Campbell under the same O-Line first then Colt and compare the two that way.

Because his career as a starter in the NFL would come to an end with Collins putting together a solid game and starting next two.

He proved he is a coward. If he can play in the second half, get off the ground and stay on the sideline for one play and get back in.

If you arew right his career as a starter will come to an end in two games anyway right? He has taken a beating all season and got up and come back for more.

Again no reasonable person could possibly doubt Campbells courage. I think you have also proved beyong all doubt that on the subject of Jason Campbell you are the opposite of reasonable.

Either way... my main point in that discussion was that throwing a 40 yard pass is not considered beating the blitz or making the defense stop blitzing.

Second part of that statement is wrong. If you have a deep passing threat, the defense is less likely to risk surrendering big plays by reducing the number of defenders in the secondary in a blitz.

Timmy Chang

Second part of that statement is wrong. If you have a deep passing threat, the defense is less likely to risk surrendering big plays by reducing the number of defenders in the secondary in a blitz.

If you have a deep passing threat. You blitz him. If you give him time he will burn you every time.

See Tom Brady. Teams don't drop 8 in coverage against him, they know he will destroy them. They send 5 guys at him routinely and hope they get there before Moss or Welker get open. Or they hope they rush his throw to force mistakes.

Guys like Kurt Warner you don't blitz, because he releases the ball so fast. If you blitz Warner he will burn you more times than not. If you sit back in coverage on him, you will have much greater success. Boldin helps a lot with that though, he an excellent target for huge YAC numbers.

If you have a deep passing threat. You blitz him. If you give him time he will burn you every time.

See Tom Brady. Teams don't drop 8 in coverage against him, they know he will destroy them. They send 5 guys at him routinely and hope they get there before Moss or Welker get open. Or they hope they rush his throw to force mistakes.

Guys like Kurt Warner you don't blitz, because he releases the ball so fast. If you blitz Warner he will burn you more times than not. If you sit back in coverage on him, you will have much greater success. Boldin helps a lot with that though, he an excellent target for huge YAC numbers.

Once again, you prove you have no idea what you're talking about. Until this year, teams had to decide whether they wanted to blitz Tom Brady or not out of fear of what he might do versu sthe blitz. Many teams intentionally dropped eight into coverage versus Tom Brady, and that's also exactly what the Saints did a couple weeks ago.

Please know what you are talking about.

because that guy sucked colt just has to suck? and you know this because of the countless NFL games youve watched of him starting?

dreadful argument.

Was in response to the poster noting Colt Brennan's success at the college level. Not to degrade Brennan as an NFL player in any way.

Its amazing that i saw Todd Collins come in for 3 freakin plays, get rushed hard, yet make 2 amazing throws down the field and if Fred Davis doesnt drop a perfect pass we score....in 3 plays with Todd Collins, with that horrible offensive line. How do the JC apologists not see this? How do you not see that TC, a 40 yr old journeyman, has led the Redskins way better in 5 games then JC has in 50....i know the line is pretty bad but i guarantee you if Collins was QBing for us things would be alot different and this team would not be 4-10. Btw....nice play call before the half Zorn.

Once again, you prove you have no idea what you're talking about. Until this year, teams had to decide whether they wanted to blitz Tom Brady or not out of fear of what he might do versu sthe blitz. Many teams intentionally dropped eight into coverage versus Tom Brady, and that's also exactly what the Saints did a couple weeks ago.

Please know what you are talking about.

So the Saints were routinely dropping 8 into coverage against Brady?

I think I might do us both a favor and stop responding to you.

Everyone knows the only chance you have of stopping Brady from eating you alive is pressuring him.

I don't really care whether Colt gets a shot or not.

But Hawaii lost their head coach that had made them a above average team for years at the same time they lost Colt Brennan. June Jones was a bigger loss for Hawaii than Colt Brennan was.

Was in response to the poster noting Colt Brennan's success at the college level. Not to degrade Brennan as an NFL player in any way.

he was saying colt should get a shot to start for 4-6 games to see what he has, and he was basically saying that hawaii has sucked since he left, showing how much impact one player can have on a teams overall standing.

and your response was "timmy chang".

really?

Timmy Chang? What you bring Chang up for Colt out did Chang with 17 broken NCAA

records and Chang only had 5 school records not sure on NCAA records.

I should have clarified it... I was speaking more on the team success....

My basic point though was that huge FBS success does not always translate to the NFL level. Not saying it can't though.

he was saying colt should get a shot to start for 4-6 games to see what he has, and he was basically saying that hawaii has sucked since he left, showing how much impact one player can have on a teams overall standing.

and your response was "timmy chang".

really?

Point was Hawaii was winning games and putting up huge numbers before Colt..

That aside... I'd be all for letting Colt start next year... what else do we have to lose... really?

So the Saints were routinely dropping 8 into coverage against Brady?

I think I might do us both a favor and stop responding to you.

Everyone knows the only chance you have of stopping Brady from eating you alive is pressuring him.

You might do the entire board a favor by not posting at all. You're obviously an idiot who has no idea what he's watching (or claims to be watching). You rarely ever have a clue what the hell you are talking about.

Here are the breakdowns of what the Saints did versus Tom Brady.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/12/how_the_patriot_1.html

Meanwhile, you'll probably continue to act like a delusional dumbass and be oblivious to actual facts while foaming at the mouth and declaring that nobody else knows anything.

Yup, you've once again just proven you're one of the dumbest posters on this board.

I think we can all agree that the pick six was possibly his worst pass of the season.

I've also never seen a QB get an intentional grounding on a screen pass before.

I like Campbell as a person. And, great gogly mogly, the guy has heart to spare. Why he fought to get back in that game is beyond me. But in any give game, he will make four or five plays that make you say, "What?!!?!" If he was surrounded by All Pro talent, he could get away with his two brainfarts per half. He's not and he can't.

Archived