Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What QB could perform behind that lousy OL!!!!`

armyofme

Collins had a shot to play as the starting QB.

Against the lowly Chiefs.

How well did that turn out? Do you need someone to remind you?

It's many things--coaching, QB play, sophomore recievers still learning precise route-running, mid-season RB signees learning blitz pickup--but it's the OL most of all.

Almost all analysts with significant NFL experience have been pointing to this as the primary culprit.

Why is this so difficult for fans to see?

You mean the game (Collins did not start that game BTW) where he came in and completed a 42 yarder on his first pass attempt in 2 years? Yes, I saw that one and Collins did not play well in that game overall. And neither did Campbell, who had started the last 22 games for us and is supposed to be a much better QB.

So here we have a career backup, and every time he has been given a chance he has played as well or better than our 5th year 1st round draft choice, with the exact same supporting cast.

Todd Collins is at best an average QB, so what does that say about Jason Campbell?

It must be great solace to those still stoutly backing Jason that he's a perceived better option than a 38 year old, career back-up QB who 2 season's back was 10 years removed from his last start in the league. (Or when fit, a second round guy that's not so much as thrown a pass in a full speed NFL game at this embryonic stage of hsi career.).

Oh what high standards y'all hold him up against.

Hail.

It must be great solace to those still stoutly backing Jason that he's a perceived better option than a 38 year old, career back-up QB who 2 season's back was 10 years removed from his last start in the league. (Or when fit, a second round guy that's not so much as thrown a pass in a full speed NFL game at this embryonic stage of hsi career.).

Oh what high standards y'all hold him up against.

Hail.

well clearly it would be impossible to find someone else as good as him. i mean hes proven so much over the years that we might as well keep him for another decade just to see if he can pan out.

unless i know for a fact that a guy will be drew brees, we need to keep campbell. its the only smart thing to do!

Before we start another thread wondering if we should cut JC...we should look at getting some serious OL talent in place.

Seriously, what QB would perform well after being sacked or hit so many times.

Your point is painfully obvious but will be dismissed by many.

This is the worst offensive line I can remamber for the Skins. Ever.

(The girl in your sig is super cute.)

well clearly it would be impossible to find someone else as good as him. i mean hes proven so much over the years that we might as well keep him for another decade just to see if he can pan out.

unless i know for a fact that a guy will be drew brees, we need to keep campbell. its the only smart thing to do!

Of course.

Campbell is making some great strides. Did you see the touch he put on that one screen pass? He layed that ball into the defenders hands so softly it was almost magical. He even hit him in stride. Can you imagine what our offense will look like when he starts throwing passes like that to our players?

Why does everyone think Campbell is the only thing left in FA? I would take Sage Rosenfels over JC. JC has been in this O for 2 years and yet to throw for 400 yds and 4+ tds and Ive seen sage do it in a similiar wco style offense. That's just my opinion but I'm tired of the missed open WR's and him not knowing when to run or throw. For every one good play he makes there are 4 bad ones that come along with JC's playing style. Time to move on in the words of Mike Singletary Can't win with'em...................

Of course.

Campbell is making some great strides. Did you see the touch he put on that one screen pass? He layed that ball into the defenders hands so softly it was almost magical. He even hit him in stride. Can you imagine what our offense will look like when he starts throwing passes like that to our players?

that was a beautiful pass though, floated perfectly for a touchdown. who scored the touchdown isnt really important.

This has really been done to death. But the question is still not answered. WHen Collins came in against KC, he did pretty poorl and the usual JC bashers said he did not hav enough time with the first team and all the regular excuses.

Now, he completes 2 0f 4 passes with no points on the board and the question is comlplete? Com'on Man!

I cant defend JC yesterday. He lookd bad out there. SO did Collins. But the rediculous arguing the moment JC slips around here is so stupid. Are you that desperate for ammo that you have to use an example where there was ZERO protection?

Both extremist views are assanine at best. We should start discussing what the Skins should do about the front five, because as we all saw yeterday, no QB could have made much happen last night with the seive at all positions on the front line. I have said it before, but I think its worth repeating. Any QB we put back there would be better protected by road cones. We can get them on the cheap at Home Depot.

I don't even care about the Campbell argument anymore. This team needs to get blown up.

With that said - the people who have been saying the Campbell was faking being hurt on the field are classless douchebags. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Why? It's just there opinion, I watched a 40 yr old QB get punished by a 6'7'' 280 DE an take it like a champ and to watch our 6'5'' 230 qb lay there from being hit by OSi who's what 250 maybe, come on this is football take the hit and get back to the huddle, none of the hits were blindsiding hits. Your sympathy should go to the fans that had to sit and watch that mess they called a football game not the players!

Big Ben could do it

This argument always make me laugh.

Big Ben causes a lot of his sacks because he holds onto the ball forever while looking downfield.

If you watched the game on Sunday you saw some of this when the announcers said "There's the good with Ben and then there are plays like this where his holding onto the ball forever costs them." Fortunately for the Steelers he is able to make a lot of big plays by holding onto the ball for so long.

He wouldn't have that option with this offensive line.

I do blame the line for their play but they had no help from the coaches.

Mike Williams couldn't recognize a simple stunt but leaving only 5 in to block ALL game was suicide.

I do not blame JC for this loss, but at the same time think he's probably got to go. It's a shame, he was screwed last night.

Why? It's just there opinion, I watched a 40 yr old QB get punished by a 6'7'' 280 DE an take it like a champ and to watch our 6'5'' 230 qb lay there from being hit by OSi who's what 250 maybe, come on this is football take the hit and get back to the huddle, none of the hits were blindsiding hits. Your sympathy should go to the fans that had to sit and watch that mess they called a football game not the players!

Campbell takes those hits 5+ times game in and game out. Acting like the guy isn't tough is a complete joke and is more a reflection on the character of the person saying he is faking than it is on the guys toughness.

You can argue the guys talent all day. His toughness and his heart you can't.

nice to see the excuse wagon trudging on like i knew it would. somehow the line is always at fault, yet TC came in and in one throw got us further than campbell did in an entire half. and he was getting hit just as much.

but if only we had a _____________, campbell would be "adequate". LOL

BLC I think most of know Campbell has limitations and will never be a top 10 NFL QB. I agree with Jaws that you can win with him in the right situation but thats just an opinion.

It might also be that moving on and drafting a young QB might be the smart thing to do even if it does mean taking a step back in the hope we can then take 3 or 4 steps forward.

However no sane person with any football knowledge let alone experience could have watched that debacle last night and come to the conclusion that we lost the game because of our QB. No QB - and I mean none - could be successful behind that pass protection.

For evidence of that go watch Brett Favre get the heck knocked out of him in the game against Carolina and see how he performed.

I dont hold with all this agenda boys talk, I think all of us just want to have a team we can be proud of and which, you know, wins. But anybody who thinks Campbell is a key reason we lost to the Giants has lost all objectivity.

Campbell takes those hits 5+ times game in and game out. Acting like the guy isn't tough is a complete joke and is more a reflection on the character of the person saying he is faking than it is on the guys toughness.

You can argue the guys talent all day. His toughness and his heart you can't.

He is a fraud and fakes injuries to get sympathy, When you have a coddled brat of a player, that is what you get. Convenient that the injury routine happens after drive ending throws. I was expecting the wind to hurt him on the pick 6.

Its JC's fault , the more the Defensive Line gets to the quarterback the more they are motivated to get to him over and over. After the defense gets burned a few times they will settle down and stop blitzing, thats just football.

Unfortunatley JC is a terrible qb (too slow to read, inaccurate, and shook).

Hell when Collins got in there he was hit but delivered the ball with some sort of accuracy. We need to stop making excuses for JC.

HE IS GARBAGE !!!!

Unbelievable! JC was hit totally from behind. He never saw Osi.

126d4si.png

But he was still hit a bunch of times. Collins had a nice throw, yes, but it doesnt change the fact that it was one of the worst showings by an offensive line I have ever seen in all levels of football.

but if collins keeps making those throws, he will start getting respect from Giants D and they will stop blitzing less and play the pass more. u make them pay by beating the blitz, then the defense will be more careful and respect the passing game. you see, giants know candle sucks and has no vertical passing game. they know that he cant read defense and is slow at everything, hence they blitz and put pressure on him because they know candle cant make throws.

this is football 101.

He is a fraud and fakes injuries to get sympathy, When you have a coddled brat of a player, that is what you get. Convenient that the injury routine happens after drive ending throws. I was expecting the wind to hurt him on the pick 6.

Thats just bollocks. If he was such a wimp why did he talk his way back onto the field for the second half?

Question his ability but not his courage - he has proved that beyond any reasonable doubt. I stress reasonable.

Archived