Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What QB could perform behind that lousy OL!!!!`

armyofme

It's just disturbing at this point.

Versus the Giants, Todd Collins makes multiple throws that instantly make the offense actually look competent. Derrr, derrr, he only scored 0 points!!!!

Versus the Chiefs, Todd Collins didn't look that great, but he still looked better than Jason Campbell. Derr, derrr, Todd Collins didn't look that great either!!! Derrr nevermind it was still better than Campbell.

In the preseason, Todd Collins looks much better than Jason Campbell versus the Ravens and Steelers. Derrrr, if you don't understand that Campbell looked good in going 1/10, you don't know anything about football!

Todd Collins looks better than Jason Campbell in 2007. Derrrr, the team got healthy! The line blocked better! The defense got better! Sean Taylor's spirit suddenly pulled the team together!!!! Derrrr, not after one week... Derrr, not after two weeks... Derrr, not at halftime... Derrr, IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME!!!!

it really is. ive never seen a such a poor player get this many excuses. its to the point now where no matter how badly he plays, its never him. according to them, campbell has never actually played a bad game, and if he did it was like 3 times. for 50+ starts hes just been playing solid and everyone else has been letting him down.

watching him play quarterback disgusts me at this point. its truly pathetic how brainwashed this fan base is over one of the worst QBs weve ever had. and the media buys into this crap as well. i listen to brian mitchell and doc walker cry about how he needs this and that and how he can be successful. wheres the proof? do these guys really think he hasnt had a run game or oline or defense in the last 4 years? get friggin real.

the local pity party that goes on for this loser is completely out of control. ive never seen 52 other players take more heat while this guy continues to fail consistently and get a pass. im 100% convinced we could be having this same conversation in 15 years, while campbell is still "getting it".

I'm not defending Campbell here so calm down JC haters. In my opinion, i think Collins has superior decision making. He just doesn't have the arm and mobility (not running, just that pocket presence) to be in there. I honestly think that if he stayed in there any longer he would have gotten knocked out of the game due to injury because the blocking just wasn't there.

what mobility does a QB need when he relies on his quick decision making, and quick release with an accurate passing? as for arm, i dont know about u but if u aint blind, that deep pass to moss looked good. and what good is having an arm if u are inaccurate with deep passes? candle is inaccurate period regardless long or mid range passes. does Eli have mobility? hell no. a qb needs good awareness around the pocket , quick decision making, a quick release....

u honestly think that.... again, what if scenario which candle homers love to use. so, ill use what if scenario as well. if collins stayed in and kept attacking the secondayr, the D would respect his ability to beat them and back off playing more to prevent collins from connecting with this receviers. hence less pressure and stacking on LOS.

And the Packers with Rogers are going to do what in the postseason?

Answer not a damn thing

The Giants pressed the receivers as well as providing the pressure, so from the start of the game the "hot read" was covered.

did you catch the analysis during the game in which was stated an astounding percentage of redskin pass plays this season occur eith behind the line of scrimmage or within 10 yards? The Gints playued that self imposed limitation to the max last night.

It's just disturbing at this point.

Versus the Giants, Todd Collins makes multiple throws that instantly make the offense actually look competent. Derrr, derrr, he only scored 0 points!!!!

Versus the Chiefs, Todd Collins didn't look that great, but he still looked better than Jason Campbell. Derr, derrr, Todd Collins didn't look that great either!!! Derrr nevermind it was still better than Campbell.

In the preseason, Todd Collins looks much better than Jason Campbell versus the Ravens and Steelers. Derrrr, if you don't understand that Campbell looked good in going 1/10, you don't know anything about football!

Todd Collins looks better than Jason Campbell in 2007. Derrrr, the team got healthy! The line blocked better! The defense got better! Sean Taylor's spirit suddenly pulled the team together!!!! Derrrr, not after one week... Derrr, not after two weeks... Derrr, not at halftime... Derrr, IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME!!!!

This guy is brilliant....can we hear more? I love how exactly when Todd Collins came into the game in 2007, the line healed up, the defense got better,our receivers could get open, and we could win 4 in a row after going 5-7 with Campbell. I mean...the team didnt come together in the game after ST's death with JC under center....but right when TC came in, it happened. Well i guess he did what JC hasnt been able to do and bring the team together to play good football.I mean.....are you serious? This guy isnt serious is he? You watch football right? How do you explain Campbell's 6-16 record over his last22? How do you explain him being the QB for 5 years now and being the losingest QB the Skins have ever had in that time period? Come on....lets hear some more excuses!!! I love it!

JC usually is to blame for the sacks, and I still think he needs to do much better pre-snap - but the Giants game was just unbelievably bad. The line gave him no time at all and I really don't get the play calling, they went empty backfield alot and every time the QB would get killed.

Top to bottom that was one of the most embarrassing performances I have ever seen in the NFL.

oh yeah. Candle causes most of his sacks. the same pressure collins gets with the same oline but his ability to read defense, quick decision making and a quick release is the reason why collins was stilll able to make plays. collins doesnt hestitate makes tight throws. those passes collins made, candle would never try cause his accuracy is so bad. hence, candle would hold the ball and cause his own sacks.

did you catch the analysis during the game in which was stated an astounding percentage of redskin pass plays this season occur eith behind the line of scrimmage or within 10 yards? The Gints playued that self imposed limitation to the max last night.

and because this guy candle rarely throws mid range to long passes and throws passes just past or behind LOS, other opponents know this. hence another reason to stack the LOS. if a QB makes long deep vertical passes like collins did, then teams will pick up on it, will respect the QB more and play less on LOS and play to prevent big plays in air.

what mobility does a QB need when he relies on his quick decision making, and quick release with an accurate passing? as for arm, i dont know about u but if u aint blind, that deep pass to moss looked good. and what good is having an arm if u are inaccurate with deep passes? candle is inaccurate period regardless long or mid range passes. does Eli have mobility? hell no. a qb needs good awareness around the pocket , quick decision making, a quick release....

u honestly think that.... again, what if scenario which candle homers love to use. so, ill use what if scenario as well. if collins stayed in and kept attacking the secondayr, the D would respect his ability to beat them and back off playing more to prevent collins from connecting with this receviers. hence less pressure and stacking on LOS.

Totally agree WC.....we all know TC has no mobility and he is not a great QB....but for some reason when he plays the team plays much better.....eand the one knock is the KC game but if you remember he came into that game and threw a 50 yd bomb to Moss on the first play and that was something Campbell hadnt done all season yet alone in that game. He may be old and decrepit but he wins, and he makes plays, even with a terrible Oline. All us JC haters understand alot of it has to do with the line but he doesnt make enough plays and in crunch time he has not won a game for us yet.....in 50 STARTS people!!! JC is a solid guy.....but enough is enough.

I'll say this. I'm glad Todd Collins wasn't even given a sniff at winning the starting job. If he did, there might've been a chance he'd play better and we'd just have a lame 7-9 season and still no quarterback for the future. Now we have a chance.

I'll say this. I'm glad Todd Collins wasn't even given a sniff at winning the starting job. If he did, there might've been a chance he'd play better and we'd just have a lame 7-9 season and still no quarterback for the future. Now we have a chance.

Makes a lot of sense.....so you wouldnt want a QB who you know could have won us more games (maybe 7 maybe 9....all i know is he was 4-0 the last time he started). So now that we had a guy that lost games for us, we can take a stab in the draft and who knows if thats gonna work out too. Brilliant.

He just doesn't have the arm and mobility (not running, just that pocket presence) to be in there.

A. Calm down

B. I'm FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR from being a homer and have lost just about all faith in Campbell, so I've stopped defending him a while ago. So, refer to point A.

C. Maybe I used the wrong wording there, but I didn't mean running when I typed mobility so I thought I cleared it up when I typed pocket presence. In that instance, I actually mean something along of the lines of what Brady does when he kinda slides to one side or the other to escape or evade the rush and in the few years I've watched Collins there are times when it just doesn't look like it's there. Granted he's played behind our horrid lines so I've given him the pass there. When I say that he doesn't have the arm, I mean he doesn't have that huge arm that dazzles most coaches, and scouts. Once again, i think he should have been given a chance to start after the KC loss.

Oh well, you'll probably read what you want into that though.

Makes a lot of sense.....so you wouldnt want a QB who you know could have won us more games (maybe 7 maybe 9....all i know is he was 4-0 the last time he started). So now that we had a guy that lost games for us, we can take a stab in the draft and who knows if thats gonna work out too. Brilliant.

I'm just speaking in hindsight. Before the season, I was a strong proponent of a quarterback competition, but at this point, it's obvious that this season would have been worthless. The way I see it, in situations like this the outcomes and their value to the team goes as follows:

1. Team plays hard but still loses.

2. Team plays hard and wins.

3. Team plays with no effort and loses.

4. Team plays with no effort and wins.

People want to claim the team had no heart last night, but that's not how I saw it. They were all playing their guts out... They just aren't very good.

2 more games until this loser is out of here. i cannot even fathom watching him fail for another 16 games.

This is rhetorical, as we know there's only "one" in their eyes; but I wonder if a Sam Bradford say will be afforded even a quarter of the time the current fraud of a first round pick has by so many poor, deluded souls.

Hail.

"Colt Brennan is the future of a hot and fast moving offense. Zorn isn't coach enough to handle the velocity and almost Joe Montana style of play Brennan brings to Washington. Also, look to Brennan to teach receivers how to block for each other for after catch yardage gains! Brennan is more than a QB, he's a professor of the game...with a lot of emotion! "

Coach Garcia's comments

CSNWashington.com

Lord Have Mercy

This is rhetorical, as we know there's only "one" in their eyes; but I wonder if a Sam Bradford say will be afforded even a quarter of the time the current fraud of a first round pick has by so many poor, deluded souls.

Hail.

this is a good question. people have become so obsessed with defending campbell i wonder if theyll quickly start slamming a rookie QB when he falters. look how much hate got turned on colt the second he became a potential candidate to replace campbell.

the lengths people will go to in order to slam anyone and everyone else is just beyond belief.

any rookie QB will get a good 2-3 year window with me, same window i gave to campbell.

this is a good question. people have become so obsessed with defending campbell i wonder if theyll quickly start slamming a rookie QB when he falters. look how much hate got turned on colt the second he became a potential candidate to replace campbell.

the lengths people will go to in order to slam anyone and everyone else is just beyond belief.

any rookie QB will get a good 2-3 year window with me, same window i gave to campbell.

Good points. I'm starting to think that people are defending him just to defend him and they don't even know why.

Archived