Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What QB could perform behind that lousy OL!!!!`

armyofme

The Redskins must first address having a great offensive line.Not just a bunch of big bodies. Its gonna take some time to get a great line.Rome was not built in a day. Campbell and Collins are taking a beating.Campbell has a beat up shoulder and black eye from last night.No QB in their right mind would want to come here and play behind this offensive line.I would not be surprised to see Campbell knocked out the game early against Dallas.

not!

If you didn't see collins play well, then you weren't watching. The guy is 10x better than campbell, can take a hit, can make quick decisions, and is 40 years old. But his 40 is not a Brett Favre 40 because he hasn't taken the beating like Brett. Collins could easily play till he was 45 in this league because he doesn't have the mileage on him. Thats why I'm mad he wasn't able to start after the 07 season. I thought 08 could have been a playoff and possibly super bowl year with him in.

But, it is what it is. JC lovers will never give collins any credit even though his play last night was the only positive light on the team.

One thing that most are not talking about is how JC was "locking on" to 1 receiver on most every play, and the majority of those were to his right side and 3 yards downfield.

Watching him get nailed most of the night was due to a breakdown in the O-Line, and yes, I agree, the o-line needs a major overhaul, but knowing a blitz is coming, it would be better to NOT take a 3 step drop and stare the receiver down.

JC seemed to revert back to the problems he was having earlier in the season, well, ok, most all of the season.

Whoever the coach is next year, for the love of god and anything decent in this world, STOP calling screen plays on every other down!

IT GETS REDUNDANT.

For those who failed to notice a big difference when TC came in briefly, he did what JC is incapable of doing; throw downfield accurately. Yes, he may have gotten beaten up, but then again, it could have been a great comeback last night, but we will never know because of a coach who is clueless and chose to let an ineffective qb back in the game.

Good points. I'm starting to think that people are defending him just to defend him and they don't even know why.

It's because Campbell is nice, so people feel like they have to protect him, even though he can't hear what's being said.

I can't stand him as a QB but hell, even I start to feel bad when he gets that sad puppy dog face. Did you see his face after he threw the pick 6? I wanted to give him a hug and tell him Santa Clause is real...

and then tell him to go sit on the bench with a cup of hot chocolate while uncle Todd cleans up the mess.

I feel sorry for the next qb that comes here

Following the QB with the worst losing percentage in Redskins history who played in 45 or more games is actually a pretty comfortable position to be in. Statistically, it would be nearly impossible to be as bad plus the bar has been set so low that there are built-in excuses for every type of failure possible.

Good points. I'm starting to think that people are defending him just to defend him and they don't even know why.

Agree with this! Anyone defending campbell up to this point are doing it for the sake of doing it, maybe to save face. And, they are the first to complain when someone bashes JC but they always seem to be the ones starting the pointless JC posts so he can get bashed.

Are you crazy? Collins drove us all the way down and a perfect pass from him to davis was dropped at the 2 yard line. Then for Zorn to run that stupid 4th down play instead of kicking the field goal. Your post is full of fail.

It was collins that sparked the team before half and Zorn ruined it by not kicking the FG and then by playing campbell in the second half. Collins should have played tonight and I find it insulting to collins that you don't give him enough credit.

And he only had 4 passes! Saying that Collins "couldn't get it done" is hilarious. He did more in 4 attempts than JC did the entire first half. When JC had time, he still threw terrible, and I mean terrible, passes. JC is backup quality.

One thing that most are not talking about is how JC was "locking on" to 1 receiver on most every play, and the majority of those were to his right side and 3 yards downfield.

Watching him get nailed most of the night was due to a breakdown in the O-Line, and yes, I agree, the o-line needs a major overhaul, but knowing a blitz is coming, it would be better to NOT take a 3 step drop and stare the receiver down.

JC seemed to revert back to the problems he was having earlier in the season, well, ok, most all of the season.

Whoever the coach is next year, for the love of god and anything decent in this world, STOP calling screen plays on every other down!

IT GETS REDUNDANT.

For those who failed to notice a big difference when TC came in briefly, he did what JC is incapable of doing; throw downfield accurately. Yes, he may have gotten beaten up, but then again, it could have been a great comeback last night, but we will never know because of a coach who is clueless and chose to let an ineffective qb back in the game.

Well said...

Todd Collins vs. Giants 1-0.

JC vs Giants 0-6.

Makes sense to put JC back in after the half to work on his acting skills and to secure us a top 10 draft pick.

How can any of you say Collins is better than JC. Collin has several years of experience, all be it as a back up. He had the chance to learn his craft. that takes time, time many fans are not willing to give. Plus the Giants prepared all week for JC, and did not for Collins.

How can any of you say Collins is better than JC. Collin has several years of experience, all be it as a back up. He had the chance to learn his craft. that takes time, time many fans are not willing to give. Plus the Giants prepared all week for JC, and did not for Collins.

Its obvious. What drives us nuts is that you don't see it.

Its obvious. What drives us nuts is that you don't see it.

I think whats not being "seen" here is the OP of the thread. This thread is about the disfunctionality of the front five and the illusion that the Redskins have a servicable offensive line.

The supporters lay too much blame on the line, and the detractors think its all Campbell. This nonsense goes back and forth until the usual name clling and insults start getting slung around. Its still misses the point.

No QB can succeed behind the current offensive line of the Washington Redskins. Campbell stunk. Collins stunk save for one "**** it and chuck it" pass. Heck even on that pass Collins was driven to the turf. The run game stunk The defense stunk. The whole ****ing team from the coaching on down stunk.

But behind it all is the lack of offensive line talent, power and cohesivness. Thats it. Nothing else. If you can think of a current QB who would have won the game last night, lets hear it and how.

I myself was questioning the calls being played last night, because the line has looked decent for the past 5 or so games. But during those games, we pulled alot more, had more motion with play action and bootlegs. Last night I almost felt like the coaches were giving a big "**** you" to the FO by deliberatley calling a stale and uninspired game...

disclaimer: i only read the first 2 of 17 pages, so I figure someone already mentioned this...but...

Ben Roethlisberger, his first 4 seasons in the league, was the most sacked quarterback over that time period (by a good bit)

and he won 2 super bowls...

next question?

this is baffling and pathetic. JC probably has triple the game time experience that collins has, yet because hes older and been around longer you cant compare them?

and LOL at gameplanning for campbell. heres how that meeting went:

D coordinator: "blitz. a lot. meeting over. who wants cheeseburgers?"

disclaimer: i only read the first 2 of 17 pages, so I figure someone already mentioned this...but...

Ben Roethlisberger, his first 4 seasons in the league, was the most sacked quarterback over that time period (by a good bit)

next question?

ben makes his line look bad because he holds the ball so long.

jason campbell never does that.................

next question?

Oh boy.... here we go.

The redskins dont have a spectacular, short field giving, ball stripping, kick you in the nuts, low point allowing, intercepting, bust you up in the grill, scoring type defense.

Big Ben does... or rather, he did. How is he looking this year without that defense? Think they are going tothe Superbowl?

BTW, your facts are wrong. Ben was sacked 146 times in his first 4 seasons. Thats 36.5 times per year average. David car was sacked 208 times in his first 4 years. Hardly a comparison. Without looking for t, I am sure I can further debunk that if this was not enough...

I think whats not being "seen" here is the OP of the thread. This thread is about the disfunctionality of the front five and the illusion that the Redskins have a servicable offensive line.

The supporters lay too much blame on the line, and the detractors think its all Campbell. This nonsense goes back and forth until the usual name clling and insults start getting slung around. Its still misses the point.

No QB can succeed behind the current offensive line of the Washington Redskins. Campbell stunk. Collins stunk save for one "**** it and chuck it" pass. Heck even on that pass Collins was driven to the turf. The run game stunk The defense stunk. The whole ****ing team from the coaching on down stunk.

But behind it all is the lack of offensive line talent, power and cohesivness. Thats it. Nothing else. If you can think of a current QB who would have won the game last night, lets hear it and how.

I myself was questioning the calls being played last night, because the line has looked decent for the past 5 or so games. But during those games, we pulled alot more, had more motion with play action and bootlegs. Last night I almost felt like the coaches were giving a big "**** you" to the FO by deliberatley calling a stale and uninspired game...

If we do not get some offensive line talent it will continue to be the same issues no matter who is quarterback. If I was a college qb no way I want to take the beating Campbell has this year. I think Campbell is done here and I really do not think he is going to complain or miss getting beat up every game.You think Colt wants the job with serviceable lineman? Bradford ? Cowboys. Watch their offensive line this Sunday. Until we get that type of talent the Redskins will continue to be at the bottom of the NFC and NFL

Archived