Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What QB could perform behind that lousy OL!!!!`

armyofme

Here we go' date=' Collins made 2 passes that JC wouldn't have had the ability to attempt to throw let alone complete the ball, why? Because JC would not have seen either Moss, or Davis as being open, where as Collins saw it and made the throw, his throw to davis was perfect, Davis didn't grab it clean and was surrounded by 3 defenders ripping at the ball, great play but the Giants did a decent job there, Davis could have caught it but I wont kill him either it was a tough play.

The JC love fest just never ends does it? JC was 2 for 4 as well, throwing to the Giants of coarse.:D

The Giants manned up on the recievers and that is all she wrote for JC, unless a receiver is running wide open in a zone, or a blown coverage he can't make the semi tight throw, nor will he attempt it. The guy is just not to swift when it comes to playing QB in the NFL, his intentional grounding penalty was priceless.[/quote']

Couldn't have said it better myself. Actually I've made that assessment for years now but the supporters don't listen.

I won't lie the way the skins had been playing the last 5 games had me thinking about giving campbell another chance despite campbells inability to anticipate throws and make tight passes. This game reassured me that Campbell is not a QB that will ever be good enough to win playoffs games. Given the right offense with very good receivers they can mask his weaknesses.

Remember the past 5 weeks it wasn't just jason. The run game had performed exceptionally well considering the conditions. All the sudden the run game gets shut down and its 3rd and 9 and campbell went back to throwing the ball to people who are 5 yards away from the first down.

You might do the entire board a favor by not posting at all. You're obviously an idiot who has no idea what he's watching (or claims to be watching). You rarely ever have a clue what the hell you are talking about.

Here are the breakdowns of what the Saints did versus Tom Brady.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/2009/12/how_the_patriot_1.html

Meanwhile, you'll probably continue to act like a delusional dumbass and be oblivious to actual facts while foaming at the mouth and declaring that nobody else knows anything.

Yup, you've once again just proven you're one of the dumbest posters on this board.

So, you're point is that Brady threw for about 75% of his total yardage when only 3 guys rushed him? Great job.

Also... I'm loving great showing of maturity you are displaying by calling me an "idiot" and a "delusional dumbass"

I think we can all agree that the pick six was possibly his worst pass of the season.

I've also never seen a QB get an intentional grounding on a screen pass before.

How much of a moron do you have to be to not throw the ball past the line of scrimmage on the grounding?

The pick 6 was one of the cleanest passes resulting in a TD he had all year. Hit the scorer in stride.

So, you're point is that Brady threw for about 75% of his total yardage when only 3 guys rushed him? Great job.

Also... I'm loving great showing of maturity you are displaying by calling me an "idiot" and a "delusional dumbass"

No, my point is that you were wrong about teams having to blitz Tom Brady to beat him. My point is that you were wrong to question me when I stated that the Saints intentionally dropped eight men into coverage.

You thought you knew what you were talking about, but as usual, you just proved yourself to be an "idiot" and a "delusional dumbass".

I think we can all agree that the pick six was possibly his worst pass of the season.

I've also never seen a QB get an intentional grounding on a screen pass before.

I like Campbell as a person. And' date=' great gogly mogly, the guy has heart to spare. Why he fought to get back in that game is beyond me. But in any give game, he will make four or five plays that make you say, "What?!!?!" If he was surrounded by All Pro talent, he could get away with his two brainfarts per half. He's not and he can't.[/quote']

that intentional grounding on a screen pass.... LOL what a joke this guy jason candle is. this guy has been inthe league for 5 yrs now? I cant stop laughing

Well only reason I brought Colt up was he used to Scramble alot since Hawaii

didn't have good O-line I thought he could be decent or good with our fair

Oline that we have now cause it would take 2 to 3 years to rebuild our O-line

with a good Coach if we get a Coach and Dan to agree to what ever needs to

be done

Ah the not so thinly veiled he is a stupid black guy under center racist comment.

Calling JC an idiot is over the top and not fair (and not accurate), but making split second decisions reading an NFL defense is very difficult. Many QBs with a lot of talent get to the NFL and the game never slows down for them, at least not to the point where they can consistently play at a high level.

It's the hardest position in sports and there is nothing wrong being a backup, which is basically where JC needs to be at this point in his career. He shows flashes but is not the kind of player you build an offence around, especially the WCO. Perhaps at some point the light goes on or he plays in a system more suited to his talents and he surfaces as a legit starter, but questioning JC's mental ability, or football smarts, or whatever you want to call it should not be off the table just because he is black.

It's so sad that this franchise has sunk to the level where fans spend so much time bickering over mediocrity.

Collins seemed to do well. Moved them down the field on the second play. Zorn should have kicked the field goal and started Collins in the 2nd half.

Even Collins was getting messed up on the four pass attempts he had.

This is the worst OL in football. Maybe its talent, maybe its coaching. But none of it needs to be back next year.

be done

I'm all for putting Colt in... like I said, what do we have to lose...

At the same though, I'm worried about putting a young QB behind this line. Let's face it, the line will be better next year but it will still be bad as a whole.

be done

Dude I totally support you as a fan but please do at least me a favor and just take some classes on punctuation. Doesn't need to be perfect, just readable.

And yah I wanted Collins or Colt in since about week 3 this season.

I'm all for putting Colt in... like I said, what do we have to lose...

Do you also support signing Timmy Chang?

At the same though, I'm worried about putting a young QB behind this line. Let's face it, the line will be better next year but it will still be bad as a whole

If this statement is as accurate as your others, we will have a fanatstic line next year.

This has really been done to death. But the question is still not answered. WHen Collins came in against KC, he did pretty poorl and the usual JC bashers said he did not hav enough time with the first team and all the regular excuses.
This is BS.

You all were pointing the finger trying to make everyone eat crow because Collins didn't come in and light the scoreboard up. As if anyone said he would. He's Todd Collins.

I cant defend JC yesterday. He lookd bad out there. SO did Collins.
Collins looked great to me. Can't imagine how you could say he looked bad. He threw the 2 best passes of the night.
Both extremist views are assanine at best. We should start discussing what the Skins should do about the front five, because as we all saw yeterday, no QB could have made much happen last night with the seive at all positions on the front line. I have said it before, but I think its worth repeating. Any QB we put back there would be better protected by road cones. We can get them on the cheap at Home Depot.
There is no discussion. We've been crying about the lack of attention to both lines in the draft for the last 5+ years.

];7143661']Even Collins was getting messed up on the four pass attempts he had.

This is the worst OL in football. Maybe its talent' date=' maybe its coaching. But none of it needs to be back next year.[/quote']

Todd got up off the ground like a professional and didn't do a sympathy seeking lay on the ground dance.

WOW, It is amazing to see how quickly everyone dogs JC after a loss. He was not the reason us losing. The game was lost in the first quarter!!! Again Defense( secondary) could not cover nor tackle (landry). Most of all the O-line was straight garbage!!!! So, For all the JC haters. Reguardless of what QB is in or we decide to get, If the O-line does not get fixed, anyone reguardless of talent will be a subpar QB. Anyone who has watched the last 4 games can see, when JC is given (normal time) for protection can get the ball out and down the field and score touchdowns!!!! HAil Skins!!!!

Collins got off a few good passes, but he took just as many hits.

And??? He completed a 45 yd bomb on his first play and on his 3rd play had a TD pass if our TE could catch a perfect pass. So with all the pressure he was getting, he still made plays. Just because JC made a few plays vs Oakland everyone thinks he is over the hump. No chance. 50 games this man has started for us and he is 6-16 in his last 22. Nice guy....but an NFL loser. Plain and simple. Believe me, i wish i could say different. It kills me that he just doesnt have what it takes to win in this league, and Todd Collins AGAIN proved that to me in 4 plays last night.

who cares how many times he got hit? he threw some awesome passes. the davis drop was a difficult catch to make, but it was a nice pass.

anyone who thinks collins in his short stint didnt look much more effective than campbell is out of their mind.

It's just disturbing at this point.

Versus the Giants, Todd Collins makes multiple throws that instantly make the offense actually look competent. Derrr, derrr, he only scored 0 points!!!!

Versus the Chiefs, Todd Collins didn't look that great, but he still looked better than Jason Campbell. Derr, derrr, Todd Collins didn't look that great either!!! Derrr nevermind it was still better than Campbell.

In the preseason, Todd Collins looks much better than Jason Campbell versus the Ravens and Steelers. Derrrr, if you don't understand that Campbell looked good in going 1/10, you don't know anything about football!

Todd Collins looks better than Jason Campbell in 2007. Derrrr, the team got healthy! The line blocked better! The defense got better! Sean Taylor's spirit suddenly pulled the team together!!!! Derrrr, not after one week... Derrr, not after two weeks... Derrr, not at halftime... Derrr, IN THE MIDDLE OF A GAME!!!!

And??? He completed a 45 yd bomb on his first play and on his 3rd play had a TD pass if our TE could catch a perfect pass. So with all the pressure he was getting, he still made plays. Just because JC made a few plays vs Oakland everyone thinks he is over the hump. No chance. 50 games this man has started for us and he is 6-16 in his last 22. Nice guy....but an NFL loser. Plain and simple. Believe me, i wish i could say different. It kills me that he just doesnt have what it takes to win in this league, and Todd Collins AGAIN proved that to me in 4 plays last night.

these homers just dont understand the difference between a QB taking a beating and making plays as oppose to a Qb taking a beating and at the same time is useless, doesnt make any plays....etc.

like candle is the only one that takes hits? LOL. collins came and proved that he takes hits. all QBs in the league take hits. its what they do while getting hit is what matters.

WOW, It is amazing to see how quickly everyone dogs JC after a loss. He was not the reason us losing. The game was lost in the first quarter!!! Again Defense( secondary) could not cover nor tackle (landry). Most of all the O-line was straight garbage!!!! So, For all the JC haters. Reguardless of what QB is in or we decide to get, If the O-line does not get fixed, anyone reguardless of talent will be a subpar QB. Anyone who has watched the last 4 games can see, when JC is given (normal time) for protection can get the ball out and down the field and score touchdowns!!!! HAil Skins!!!!

You said "Reguardless"

As for your assessment any QB can move the ball to some extent if given enough time. We aren't blaming jason for the loss just pointing out the same things that we have been saying forever. I'm sure it's a lost cause but us haters are fans too.

who cares how many times he got hit? he threw some awesome passes. the davis drop was a difficult catch to make, but it was a nice pass.

anyone who thinks collins in his short stint didnt look much more effective than campbell is out of their mind.

I'm not defending Campbell here so calm down JC haters. In my opinion, i think Collins has superior decision making. He just doesn't have the arm and mobility (not running, just that pocket presence) to be in there. I honestly think that if he stayed in there any longer he would have gotten knocked out of the game due to injury because the blocking just wasn't there.

JC usually is to blame for the sacks, and I still think he needs to do much better pre-snap - but the Giants game was just unbelievably bad. The line gave him no time at all and I really don't get the play calling, they went empty backfield alot and every time the QB would get killed.

Top to bottom that was one of the most embarrassing performances I have ever seen in the NFL.

Archived