Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another team enters the Shanahan chase

MAATopDogg

Again. Pay attention, you may learn something.

Around league circles it was very well a known fact that no one wanted to come to Washington because they didn't want to deal with Cerrato. It had very little to do with Snyder himself.

Also, during the presser for Allen, Snyder flat out said that he had been involved much less with the team in the years past than had actually been reported. Now this may be hogwash, but without any credible source on your part, you have to take the man at his word.

Well, Snyder does have a reputation of being a "meddlesome" owner and there are those who don't want to deal with that. That being said, most coaches who have come to work for Snyder have been impressed by him and have generally left here with a positive experience from him. Even Marty manages to say good things about Snyder, after being a confirmed hater before he was hired.

You'd like to make the claim that Snyder has had nothing, or even little to do with the decisions made here in DC?

You've got to be kidding.

Apparently you have issues with following the flow of a conversation, so I'll help.

I said no such thing. I said without any facts supporting the contrary, you cannot accurately make the assertion that he was.

You also made the assertion that no coach in 2006 wanted to come here because of Snyder AND Cerrato. Yet you cannot prove it.

Gibbs even stands up for Snyder but no one mourns the departure of Cerrato.

If you're going to talk out of your ass, at least start the statement with "It's my belief".

Well, Snyder does have a reputation of being a "meddlesome" owner and there are those who don't want to deal with that. That being said, most coaches who have come to work for Snyder have been impressed by him and have generally left here with a positive experience from him. Even Marty manages to say good things about Snyder, after being a confirmed hater before he was hired.

Snyder is still an issue.

Vinny was a problem, but he was also seen as Snyder's proxy by many who had inside info.

I think Danny was trying to throw Vinny under the bus, and make himself look better when he said he wasn't that involved with the decisions.

I trust Danny about as far as I can throw him.

Eh, look at his record without Elway/Terrell Davis and Shanny doesn't look that impressive.

I'm not so sure Shanny is that great of a coach.

In fact I'm disappointed that we really only seem to be chasing Shanny and Gruden, I'm not a fan of either.

I'll give Shanny a mulligan for not winning a SB with the likes of Jake Plummer & Brian Griese at QB, and Tatum Bell & Ruben Droughns at RB. All four of whom incidentally became legitimately solid NFL players under Shanny when they had been/became crap elsewhere.

And who else should we be chasing besides Shanny & Chucky? Cowher? Won't come here. Holmgren? Won't come here. Dungy? Won't come here. Fassel or Billick? No thanks. Another unproven guy? Been there, done that. If you have names you want to throw out of who Danny SHOULD be going after, do tell.....

Apparently you have issues with following the flow of a conversation, so I'll help.

I said no such thing. I said without any facts supporting the contrary, you cannot accurately make the assertion that he was.

You also made the assertion that no coach in 2006 wanted to come here because of Snyder AND Cerrato. Yet you cannot prove it.

Gibbs even stands up for Snyder but no one mourns the departure of Cerrato.

If you're going to talk out of your ass, at least start the statement with "It's my belief".

You haven't backed up your claims either.

In fact, its too bad you don't have your old signiture because right now you're (as usual) being a typical-internet jerk backed by the anonymity of a message board.

I'm not going to go look anything up for you, its common knowledge that Dan Snyder is a meddlesome owner. Its been all over ES and you know that its true.

Vinny was only part of the problem.

I'll give Shanny a mulligan for not winning a SB with the likes of Jake Plummer & Brian Griese at QB, and Tatum Bell & Ruben Droughns at RB. All four of whom incidentally became legitimately solid NFL players under Shanny.

And who else should we be chasing besides Shanny & Chucky? Cowher? Won't come here. Holmgren? Won't come here. Dungy? Won't come here. Fassel or Billick? No thanks. Another unproven guy? Been there, done that. If you have names you want to throw out of who Danny SHOULD be going after, do tell.....

I don't know.

I'm just not impressed with Chucky and Shanny. Maybe an unproven guy is the answer, who knows.

I just don't think either of them are going to be spectacularly impressive either here or in Dallas.

In fact, its too bad you don't have your old signiture because right now you're (as usual) being a typical-internet jerk backed by the anonymity of a message board.

I'm not going to go look anything up for you, its common knowledge that Dan Snyder is a meddlesome owner. Its been all over ES and you know that its true.

Last post by me on the subject because you're obviously trolling or simply lack the ability to reason.

If you're going to make an assertion that something is fact, you need to back it up with supporting evidence.

You make the assertion that no coach wanted to come here because of Snyder AND Cerrato. Yet, you back this up with nothing.

You make the assertion that you cannot trust Snyder at his word, when he says that he had been involved less than previously reported. Yet, you cannot provide any evidence to the contrary or back your statement up with anything.

So you are trying to opine and pass it off as gospel when it is not. Which, in an of itself is not a crime, but most people have common sense to preface such statements with a disclosure of only having empirical evidence to back them up. You did not.

Enjoy my ignore list. You're in some strange company.

:rotflmao:

I hope you're joking.

I am not by any means trolling.

Snyder is and always has been a meddlesome owner.

He personally scouted McCoy and Jimmy Clausen.

http://dcprosportsreport.com/2009/12/09/redskins-pinheads-scout-mccoy-clausen.html

In Allen's press conference there was plenty of talk about how all the football decisions would be made by both Allen and Snyder.

Wanna know why people on here are nervous about that? Because Snyder has been very hands on during his entire tenure as an owner.

OS I'll meet you halfway on your argument here. I do think that Vinny was a problem for some big names (although if Danny promised a coach complete control, that big name coach could just fire Vinny like Marty did) but let's face it Danny has had a reputation around the league for some time as an owner who interferes in things he shouldn't, and if Vinny has supposedly been such a huge problem for big name coaches, who's decision was it to keep Vinny around? Danny's.

Danny prevented big names from coming here because he kept Vinny around, so if Vinny was a problem for potential coaches, it was still Danny's fault in the first place for empowering Vinny way more than he should have, which was a by-product of how Danny has been running the organization since he got here.

Dude, I'm not looking to start **** but every thread I look at you're ****ing about someone being a jerk or an ass. The one constant is you...

Plus, I'm on a cell phone so I'm only viewing limited threads.

Wanna know why people on here are nervous about that? Because Snyder has been very hands on during his entire tenure as an owner.

The only problem I have is that Allen seems to be a guy who will also go along or get the owner what he wants rather than be the leader making all the decisions. He worked for Al Davis for years, who really ran that FO? Then he worked for an owner who supposedly wouldn't spend money on anything and he was eventually fired. So how much power has he really had? Was he really basically working for Gruden in Tampa? Did Snyder go after this guy thinking he could make him his new Vinny? And why is Vinny still around in a "second set of eyes" role?

Maybe a big name coach like Shanahan can help override whatever garbage Snyder is dreaming up but the problem with Shanahan is he had some power in Denver and did a lot of the same things we did here and he wasn't winning that much either. Similar to us bringing in a bunch of trash and calling it an OL, Shanahan brought in just about every retread defensive lineman for a few years, including the entire Browns bunch of scrubs and their coaching staff a few years ago.

The only problem I have is that Allen seems to be a guy who will also go along or get the owner what he wants rather than be the leader making all the decisions. He worked for Al Davis for years, who really ran that FO? Then he worked for an owner who supposedly wouldn't spend money on anything and he was eventually fired. So how much power has he really had? Was he really basically working for Gruden in Tampa? Did Snyder go after this guy thinking he could make him his new Vinny? And why is Vinny still around in a "second set of eyes" role?

Maybe a big name coach like Shanahan can help override whatever garbage Snyder is dreaming up but the problem with Shanahan is he had some power in Denver and did a lot of the same things we did here and he wasn't winning that much either. Similar to us bringing in a bunch of trash and calling it an OL, Shanahan brought in just about every retread defensive lineman for a few years, including the entire Browns bunch of scrubs and their coaching staff a few years ago.

I'd really like to know what exactly Allen is here to do.

Cap issues? We've never had problems with the cap, in fact quite the opposite.

Trades? Makes sense, because Vinny was awful with trades.

Seems like he isn't here for personnel decisions, and that we may be bringing in another guy for that...and if that's the case I'm really not sure what his responsibilities are.

Smart if it is JJ. If for no other reason than to jack up the price. Kinda like when we brought Leonard Davis in a few years ago.

That seems to be a common thought but honestly for these guys that own these billion-dollar franchises, how much is it going to affect them if someone jacks up the price by a couple million?

I said that earlier too, but thinking about it it may not make sense. Snyder probably looks at a couple million dollars as pocket change.

I'd really like to know what exactly Allen is here to do.

Cap issues? We've never had problems with the cap, in fact quite the opposite.

Trades? Makes sense, because Vinny was awful with trades.

Seems like he isn't here for personnel decisions, and that we may be bringing in another guy for that...and if that's the case I'm really not sure what his responsibilities are.

Maybe to set the direction of the organization and make high-level decisions? Bill Parcells isn't the personnel guy in Miami...he runs the show and delegates.

Archived