Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another team enters the Shanahan chase

MAATopDogg

WOW We really need to get movin

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/19/another-team-enters-the-shanahan-chase/

With the Redskins trying to reel in Mike Shanahan, we're told that another team has commenced the pursuit of the free-agent coach.

The identity of the team currently isn't known, but it's our understanding that the team in question is battling for a playoff berth, and that the team is concerned that, if the team waits until its season ends, it will be too late to make a serious play for Shanahan.

Two playoff contenders that immediately come to mind are the Texans and the Cowboys. The rumor mill has linked Shanahan to both teams.

WOW We really need to get movin

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/19/another-team-enters-the-shanahan-chase/

With the Redskins trying to reel in Mike Shanahan, we're told that another team has commenced the pursuit of the free-agent coach.

The identity of the team currently isn't known, but it's our understanding that the team in question is battling for a playoff berth, and that the team is concerned that, if the team waits until its season ends, it will be too late to make a serious play for Shanahan.

Two playoff contenders that immediately come to mind are the Texans and the Cowboys. The rumor mill has linked Shanahan to both teams.

This story reeks of agent play tactics.

:silly:

...although I wouldn't completely disbelieve it either.

I have my fingers crossed. I hope Dallas beats us to him. I don't want him here.

I hope you don't end up eating those words later, lol.

That could be one unappetizing helping of crow.

I'd hate to see him go there and have a lot of success and I don't see why he wouldn't, even if he doesn't win a superbowl.

And who knows what his son might do, if he takes over at some point.

Not something I'd bet against, for sure.

i think shanahan is loving all this skins talk...he's just using us as leverage to get to the cowboys...their roster has more pieces in place to succeed in the short term, especially at key places like OL and QB...and fyi, shanahan and jerry jones are close

shanahan will end up in Dallas

i think shanahan is loving all this skins talk...he's just using us as leverage to get to the cowboys...their roster has more pieces in place to succeed in the short term, especially at key places like OL and QB...and fyi, shanahan and jerry jones are close

shanahan will end up in Dallas

QB? Are you kidding me...he may be good most of the season, but when it counts he blows ass. So he will never win a championship in Dallas with Romo sits to pee as the QB, because he can't get it done when it really matters. The Cowboys aren't even going to make the playoffs this year. Quote me on that one.

Adam Schefter keeps saying on ESPN that Dan Snyder and Shanahan have a very close relationship, so that should give the Redskins the edge.

I have little doubt that they have talked, as I expect that Snyder has talked to other coaches who are on the open market. But, that doesn't make it a certainty that Shanahan will be coaching for us or that he would be considered the best option if Zorn isn't retained. Personally, I don't think that decision has been made yet.

Oldfan, who would you like as HC if Zorn isn't retained?

Chris Meidt. He's bright. Probably smarter than Zorn. He knows the scheme and personnel as well as anyone. He's learned Zorn's QB expertise. He's light on experience, but he's not a proven mediocrity.

It won't happen, though. Not enough of a splash to satisfy Snyder, the typical fan.

QB? Are you kidding me...he may be good most of the season, but when it counts he blows ass. So he will never win a championship in Dallas with Romo sits to pee as the QB, because he can't get it done when it really matters. The Cowboys aren't even going to make the playoffs this year. Quote me on that one.

Cowboys are 0-2 in Dec this year, no doubt. But is isn't because of Romo sits to pee.

Being a hater is one thing, being blind is another all together, besides, you're talking like JC has ever gotten it done when it matters...he hasn't.

My bet is Shanny will be a Cowboy. And he will choose Dallas because of Romo sits to pee. They win a Super Bowl.

Based on the way Dallas FO is set up I doubt Shanny takes the Dallas job. Jerry would never give the kind of control Shanahan is looking for. Jerry is just too power hungry to do it and Shanny will end up doing what Parcells did by leaving them because Jerry went over his head to snag TO when Parcells didn't want him. He also fired Jimmy Johnson after he won two SB's for him because Jerry wasn't getting much of the credit. I remember Deion Sanders saying Jerry did this underhanded move by getting arena league football team right when Sanders was already to set one up. If I were Shanahan I would not even talk to Dallas. What coach that works for him wants him on the sideline when their down by a few points. Even so, I doubt Jerry could outbid us because he has that 1 billion dollar staduim to pay for.

Archived