Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Another team enters the Shanahan chase

MAATopDogg

I guess I'd like more specifics.

Will he make business decisions? Will he pick the personnel guy and the next head coach?

I figure he is much more of the CEO type.

He'll be the go between with the primary share holder (Snyder) and work with the coaches and whoever the personnel people are, and set the priorities and agenda for the organization

At least thats what I think in theory. We probably will not know until a month from now to be perfectly honest

He'll be the go between with the primary share holder (Snyder) and work with the coaches and whoever the personnel people are, and set the priorities and agenda for the organization

At least thats what I think in theory. We probably will not know until a month from now to be perfectly honest

If so, I hope he has enough of a backbone to stick up to Snyder.

That seems to be a common thought but honestly for these guys that own these billion-dollar franchises, how much is it going to affect them if someone jacks up the price by a couple million?

I said that earlier too, but thinking about it it may not make sense. Snyder probably looks at a couple million dollars as pocket change.

IIRC, the Skins can make a couple hundred million a year or thereabouts. So, $2-$5M still means something. It's not like he's using play money. There is a budget, I'm sure.

If we hire Shanahan as coach, who do you think he will report to? I think this will be a telling sign.

If new coach reports to BA, then your theory will be validated. If new coach reports to Snyder (as Joe Gibbs did) then BA isn't the CEO, only a manager of part of the operation.

I'd really like to know what exactly Allen is here to do.

Cap issues? We've never had problems with the cap, in fact quite the opposite.

Trades? Makes sense, because Vinny was awful with trades.

Seems like he isn't here for personnel decisions, and that we may be bringing in another guy for that...and if that's the case I'm really not sure what his responsibilities are.

We have had cap issues almost every year Snyder has owned the team its one reason why we have hardly ever been better than 8-8

Not really.

We've finagled a way to pay a lot of guys a lot of money and still stay underneath the cap.

When you have to Finagle contracts and cut people to get under the cap that is cap problems. It will benice to finally here that we are 10 millionunder the cap and dont have to Finagle contracts and such

Who is more unprovenm than what we have now?

I'm just saying that maybe the answer doesn't lie in a Shanny/Chucky type guy but a hot Def. Coordinator or something along those lines.

I have no idea, I'm aware (unlike Dan Snyder) that I know very little about running a professional football franchise but I'm just not that impressed with either Mike Shanahan or Chucky.

When you have to Finagle contracts and cut people to get under the cap that is cap problems. It will benice to finally here that we are 10 millionunder the cap and dont have to Finagle contracts and such

Hmm I'm not making my point very well.

We have been able to spend more overall money on more players than most teams because who ever is in charge of our salary cap stuff does a great job of manipulating contracts so that we can keep guys and sign guys to big contracts.

Being 10 million under the cap with Dan Snyder as the owner doesn't seem likely.

I'm just saying that maybe the answer doesn't lie in a Shanny/Chucky type guy but a hot Def. Coordinator or something along those lines.

I have no idea, I'm aware (unlike Dan Snyder) that I know very little about running a professional football franchise but I'm just not that impressed with either Mike Shanahan or Chucky.

Im just speculating but i believe we can get 10 -11 wins a season consistantly out of both of them but my first choice is to keep Zorn for next season

Hmm I'm not making my point very well.

We have been able to spend more overall money on more players than most teams because who ever is in charge of our salary cap stuff does a great job of manipulating contracts so that we can keep guys and sign guys to big contracts.

Being 10 million under the cap with Dan Snyder as the owner doesn't seem likely.

Its fairly easy to do and if it lead to Superbowl Titles every team would do it but it doesnt all it does is push dead money into the Future Dallas and SF did it for a few years and then bit the bullet SF might have won that SB and Dallas Also doing it that way but they already had the pieces in places an dcould do it but it leads to no good depth because you end up with quiote a bit of dead cap space.

Its a myth that Snyder out spends all other owners I think he has done it 3 times in the last decade

We have had cap issues almost every year Snyder has owned the team its one reason why we have hardly ever been better than 8-8

The cap "situation" isn't really a reason why we're rarely better than 8-8...it's due far more to things like treating the draft like a redheaded stepchild and almost zero continuity over the last 10 years.

Archived