Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

College Football: Bowl Stuff

ixcuincle

Clearly being a Nebraska fan has shown me how tough Suh is over the last couple of years....you watch one bowl game and think you have him scouted. Wow. :doh:

I freely admit I've only seen him in the game last night. But in that game, I saw a dominant defense with a very good DT. I didn't see a top 5 draft pick. Did you?

I freely admit I've only seen him in the game last night. But in that game, I saw a dominant defense with a very good DT. I didn't see a top 5 draft pick. Did you?

No, and I see your point. I have seen a top pick steadily in other games. Which others have already brought up. Besides it's the Nebraska homer in me. I'm still bitter about the Big 12 Championship game against Texas. Suh has a engine that won't stop.

Any projections on where Toby is going in the draft?

He's looking to me like a big, power RB, almost a FB.

I just looked at his stats on ESPN. One thing that stands out is zero fumbles in college. In 639 rushes and 38 receptions.

(Oh, and that little thing about setting the NCAA record for single-season touchdowns.)

(Another things that I notice is only 12 attempts in 07. Injured?)

For the last 10-15 years, I've been "Please, don't draft a RB. We're set at that position." But this year I don't feel that way. And it looks, to me, like he's looking really good against a really good defense.

I don't know if the Stanford TEAM is gonna match up to well with Oklahoma.

Toby can only take you so far.

Well they're only down by 3 right now.

(I haven't really been watching the game though, although I do have it on.)

And I think they just scored a touchdown via offensive fumble recovery, lol.

Any projections on where Toby is going in the draft?

He's looking to me like a big, power RB, almost a FB.

I just looked at his stats on ESPN. One thing that stands out is zero fumbles in college. In 639 rushes and 38 receptions.

(Oh, and that little thing about setting the NCAA record for single-season touchdowns.)

(Another things that I notice is only 12 attempts in 07. Injured?)

For the last 10-15 years, I've been "Please, don't draft a RB. We're set at that position." But this year I don't feel that way. And it looks, to me, like he's looking really good against a really good defense.

most mocks and scouts have him the 2nd-3rd round. RB's are hard to predict though, different teams seem to value different traits in RB's

Granted, I haven't watched a single college game, end to end, this year. I've seen parts of a few, and that's it.

And granted, I'm far from an expert talent evaluator.

But he's the first guy I've seen on TV who made me say "I wish we had that guy". (And that includes the portions of the games where I've watched Suh. I've heard lots of things about Suh. But I've never personally seen them.)

And in this game, I assume that he's playing a really good defense, which game planned against him. (Because he's Stanford's main threat.)

Gerhart does look really good.

Problem is of course will he be John Riggins or will he be Ron Dayne/Mike Alstott in the NFL?

I would love a Mike Alsott type FB here. A franchise FB to pave the way for our backs would awesome. Also, would be nice for short yardage situations. I would not waste a 1st round pick on him, maybe late 2nd or 3rd though. I am not big on draft status, so I have no clue where he is projected. I could be way off.

Archived