Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

College Football: Bowl Stuff

ixcuincle

I refuse to recognize Rutgers football after the graduation of Teal, Ray Rice, and Brian Leonard.

Rutgers has an IMPROVED squad, albeit young. This year is simply the rough transition year. They'll improve significantly next year, count on it.

Though the school may never again see another Ray Rice, the new big 3 on offense is QB Tom Savage, RB Joe Martinek, and all-around amazing athlete Mohamed Sanu.

Savage, a true freshman, will grow into something very respectable that will be far superior to Mike Teel. Mark down Sanu's name as it'll be a household name on ESPN for the next couple of years leading up to a first-round pick in his NFL draft. This kid, also a freshman, is really that special.

I'm very happy to see Rutgers destroyed UCF, and I honestly didn't expect anything less.

I'm from Wyo and didn't think they should've been in a bowl game at 6-6. But that was a H377 of a game with the 4 stops in OT against the nations leading rusher. If the fresno coach wouldn't have been so arogant and tried to do something different besides run it up the gut 4 times FSU woulda won. even kick a FG Wyo missed theirs in OT.

Also in the post game the WY players were telling about how FSU got treated better. Served their meals first and the media was all talking about/to the RB from FSU that was the leading rusher and all. Gave them a chip to play with.

The day I have waited my entire life for has finally arrived. SMU plays in the Hawaii Bowl tonight. I have waited a long long time to witness this moment and I couldn't be more excited. We may be the underdogs, and we might lose, but we are still on our way up. June Jones is God. Less than 17 hours away. :)

The day I have waited my entire life for has finally arrived. SMU plays in the Hawaii Bowl tonight. I have waited a long long time to witness this moment and I couldn't be more excited. We may be the underdogs, and we might lose, but we are still on our way up. June Jones is God. Less than 17 hours away. :)

RP..25 years since the last SMU bowl appearance. Congrats.

Lol SMU death penalty...plus the whole choke job against BYU in the Holiday Bowl

Anyways I was listening to the radio today and they said MWC is 2-0 against PAC-10 so far. BYU beat up Oregon State a few days ago and Utah beat up Cal. Cal was up 14-0.

MWC legit

Yeah I was watching the Utah vs Cal game last night, and Utah has a real good team. They desperately need to come up with a better format than all of these no-name bowls. The attendance was atrocious for the Ponsietta Bowl last night. The Holiday Bowl will pack more in next week, but not too much. I might just go to the EagleBank Bowl next Tuesday afternoon.

I was going to go to this but I won't be in town. Even if I was there was no way in hell I was paying $30 (thats the cheapest non-discounted price) and the $20 to park in the RFK lot. All to watch UCLA vs Temple?????

I live right across the way from the Metro, but I would have to transfer over. You can always catch someone scalping tix, and pay like 10-20 for the game :D.

Sorry for my ignorance but whats the big deal about SMU going to a bowl game?
No I got that. I went on Wikipedia and now I understand. Thats a huge scandal.

The sad thing about the Death Penalty is that we got screwed. SMU was hardly the only school doing what they were doing, but the NCAA felt the need to choose SMU to attack, probably to bring the program down a notch because they were top-tier. It was hardly fair. SMU used to have a really damn good team, fighting for #1 in the nation and a national championship. And then the NCAA decides to completely destroy us with a technique that will never be used again.

Less than 7 hours til game time. Go SMU!

I am speechless. I am not afraid to say I shed a tear. I was just hoping we could pull out a win. I had no idea we would dominate like that. Unreal. Padron has been good since he became our starter, but he was flat out amazing tonight. To hold that offense down to only one touchdown was by far our best defensive effort of the season, and maybe the best I've ever witnessed. I have never seen SMU play as complete a game as they played in this one. Phenomenal performance, and we were one of the biggest underdogs of this bowl season. I am so freakin proud of this team. Next season is gonna be fun. GO PONIES!!!!! SMU! :wavetowel

Archived