Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

College Football: Bowl Stuff

ixcuincle

I have an official man crush on Ryan Williams.

On a side note, if you ever wonder why Matt Millen failed as a GM, heres a clue

Earlier he was talking about another great Hokie RB named Kevin Jones, he said "Yea Kevin Jones was a 1st round pick by the Bears"

Not only was he not drafted by the Bears, it was the Lions and he was the butthead that drafted him. .

Nate Millen lol

It's Matt ;)

Good to see that VT won however as I said before I was pre-occupied with other matters and had to miss out on this game. Tennessee is a rising star, but they stink right now.

Yea, Wtf possessed me to type Nate? lol nice catch, let me EDIT!

He will probably end up being the best running back to ever come out of Tech. He would do wonders in Shanahan's system.

Though Im glad we will get at least one year with Williams and Evans in the backfield.

Already is the best back ever at Tech IMO. Never saw Suggs or Jones do the things Ru can do.

I have an official man crush on Ryan Williams.

On a side note, if you ever wonder why Matt Millen failed as a GM, heres a clue

Earlier he was talking about another great Hokie RB named Kevin Jones, he said "Yea Kevin Jones was a 1st round pick by the Bears"

Not only was he not drafted by the Bears, it was the Lions and he was the butthead that drafted him. .

I wouldn't say he's a butthead for drafting him, that would be because he drafted Charles Rogers and Mike Williams, but Jones never could stay healthy. Also playing for the Lions somehow derails your career...never could figure that one out ;)

Already is the best back ever at Tech IMO. Never saw Suggs or Jones do the things Ru can do.

I wouldn't say he's a butthead for drafting him, that would be because he drafted Charles Rogers and Mike Williams, but Jones never could stay healthy. Also playing for the Lions somehow derails your career...never could figure that one out ;)

No no, I wasn't sayign he was a butthead for drafting him.

He was a butthead because he was trying to sound like he had knowledge on him but said he was drafted by the bears, when it was Millen who drafted him for the Lions.

No no, I wasn't sayign he was a butthead for drafting him.

He was a butthead because he was trying to sound like he had knowledge on him but said he was drafted by the bears, when it was Millen who drafted him for the Lions.

Ah ok, I misunderstood.

Penn State-LSU

Ohio State-Oregon

Cincinnati-Florida

Pretty easy to see who's going to win those. Penn State game will be the closest. Florida game is going to be a blowout in UF's favor. OSU will stay with Oregon, but ultimately their running attack is going to wear them down.

OSU will stay with Oregon, but ultimately their running attack is going to wear them down.

I may be wrong, but I think if any running attack wears down anyone...it will be OSU's wearing down Oregon. OSU's offensive lineman are huge, and Oregon will either have to use speed to get around them or get pancaked.

I may be wrong, but I think if any running attack wears down anyone...it will be OSU's wearing down Oregon. OSU's offensive lineman are huge, and Oregon will either have to use speed to get around them or get pancaked.

OSU hasn't "worn" anyone down this season the way Oregon has though. While Pryor may be the more mobile QB, OSU has decided to keep him in the pocket and I'm not buying Pryor will run it more.

Whereas you look at Oregon with Masoli, LaMichael James, and Blount they have incredibly talented backs. Blount prior to his incident with that BSU player was a first-round talent plus he's not starting now.

OSU hasn't "worn" anyone down this season the way Oregon has though. While Pryor may be the more mobile QB, OSU has decided to keep him in the pocket and I'm not buying Pryor will run it more.

Whereas you look at Oregon with Masoli, LaMichael James, and Blount they have incredibly talented backs. Blount prior to his incident with that BSU player was a first-round talent plus he's not starting now.

I'm not talking about Pryor running the ball. He'll get his yards on scrambles. I'm talking about "punch you in the mouth" football where OSU lines up and sees if Oregon can stop it. We'll see tomorrow.

I definitely agree Oregon has talented RB's. OSU is a great tackling team and they'll have to show it.

I'm not talking about Pryor running the ball. He'll get his yards on scrambles. I'm talking about "punch you in the mouth" football where OSU lines up and sees if Oregon can stop it. We'll see tomorrow.

I definitely agree Oregon has talented RB's. OSU is a great tackling team and they'll have to show it.

So much of OSU's success is determined by Pryor that it would behoove them to run him more. While that's not necessarily "punch you in the mouth" football, it's going to open up the lanes for their runners and the play action pass.

At the very least we'll see if OSU can stop their losing streak in BCS bowls.

OSU is going to crush Oregon.

As an OSU fan, I don't see that happening. Tressel plays too much of a ball control offense. Also, Oregon is too explosive on offense.

I'm hoping OSU slows down Oregon's running game enough to force their QB to pass and turnovers are created.

I know everyone is saying Oregon's offense is "unstoppable", but I honestly think OSU will slow down their running game. Now, does that mean OSU will give up big plays in the passing game? I hope not, but I truly believe that Oregon's running game will be slowed down.

As for OSU on offense, I think Oregon's D-Line is too small to man up to OSU's O-Line. The problem with that is that sometimes speed overcomes power. That's the good thing about this game. We have to wait and see.

As an OSU fan, I don't see that happening. Tressel plays too much of a ball control offense. Also, Oregon is too explosive on offense.

I'm hoping OSU slows down Oregon's running game enough to force their QB to pass and turnovers are created.

I know everyone is saying Oregon's offense is "unstoppable", but I honestly think OSU will slow down their running game. Now, does that mean OSU will give up big plays in the passing game? I hope not, but I truly believe that Oregon's running game will be slowed down.

As for OSU on offense, I think Oregon's D-Line is too small to man up to OSU's O-Line. The problem with that is that sometimes speed overcomes power. That's the good thing about this game. We have to wait and see.

OU hasn't really seen a defense like the OSU defense all year. Who's defense is better in the pac-10?

*crickets*

If you are an OSU fan than you will be having fun today.

:cheers:

OU hasn't really seen a defense like the OSU defense all year. Who's defense is better in the pac-10?

*crickets*

If you are an OSU fan than you will be having fun today.

:cheers:

I think it will be an entertaining game, I've really enjoyed watching Oregon's offense this year.

I'm sure Ohio State will be at their usual best too.

Pretty easy to see who's going to win those. Penn State game will be the closest. Florida game is going to be a blowout in UF's favor. OSU will stay with Oregon, but ultimately their running attack is going to wear them down.

I dunno if I'd guarantee that.

Here in Gainesville, I'll tell you that the Gator fans are so depressed that they aren't going to the Title Game simply on their awesome reputation that I understand that UF still has unsold tickets to the game.

Now, I could see the drama of "Tebow's Last Game" and "Maybe Urban's Last Game" serving as inspirations. But I could also see them serving as distractions.

One thing I've learned from College Football is that it's not unusual at all for a team to just fail to show up for a game. Especially those bowl games where the team's been off for a month and they've broken their weekly repetitions.

I thing Florida ought to win. But in college, "ought to" doesn't always equal "does".

Archived