Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

College Football: Bowl Stuff

ixcuincle

Say what you want about Tebow but to say he isn't one of the all time great players/leaders in college football history is just silly.

I really don't have a college football team that I pull for since I am a Terps fan, I prefer watching the S E C teams play. Tebow may not be the next Manning, but his accomplishments at the college level are very impressive.

Recall a sportscaster saying that they thought he was the best college QB since Vinny Testeverde. I really suck as a talent evaluator, myself, but I was thinking that I wouldn't mind being compared to him.

Yeah, I bet you know a lot of UF fans around the Richmond area. ;)

I said this game would be over by the start of the 4th. Looks like it was over by the start of the 2nd actually.

Theres a few but I was talking more about the Swamp. I go to VCU so the only real team college wise I put major focus on is our great basketball team. I thought Gators would win by a few TDs but I expected the Bearcats to put up a fight at least. But man this is becoming a freakin fight now.

Yeah, I bet you know a lot of UF fans around the Richmond area. ;)

I said this game would be over by the start of the 4th. Looks like it was over by the start of the 2nd actually.

My people told me

Our recruiting continues to be on fire. As predicted by Legend, Matt Elam the #1 Prospect in the state of Florida decommited for the Gators and announced he's a now a Seminole.

Pretty good month for Jimbo Fisher and his newly assembled coaching staff. We now how the top 3 players in the state. All happen to play defense which was our achilles heel this season.

In case your counting thats the #1 Safety (Matt Elam), #1 CB (LaMarcus Joyner) and the #1 MLB (Jeff Luc) IN THE NATION committing to the Noles in the month of December since Coach Bowden retired.

"****."

Say what you want about Tebow but to say he isn't one of the all time great players/leaders in college football history is just silly.

I really don't have a college football team that I pull for since I am a Terps fan, I prefer watching the S E C teams play. Tebow may not be the next Manning, but his accomplishments at the college level are very impressive.

Can't help but agree with this.

I mean it pains me to admit it, but Tebow was a freaking animal at UF. I hated the fact that he was so successful for my most hated team, but I'm glad I was able to see him live in person a couple times.

How many PF's is this for Cinci now?
They really are a bunch of chumps.

I didn't notice it as closely last year against VT as you alluded to earlier, but they're making themselves look ridiculous in this game.

My people told me

"****."

Yeah, so that'll make two 5 star CBs with Greg Reid and Joyner, a 5 star safety with Elam, and probably a 4 star safety in Harley as the FSU secondary for the next few years.

Oh, and they'll be getting coached by Mark Stoops, the guy who coached Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Antrel Rolle, etc., at Miami in the early 2000's. Disgusting.

See the reason I feel the commentators/ ESPN go overboard about Tebow is that its hard to know if he'll be successful in the NFL. I don't want them to talk him up to much while he's at UF only crash in the NFL. When a player gets talked up too much fans set standards that the individual can't meet at the next level.

Is it just me or the OSU fans have been remarkably absent for most of the season on this message board and have come out in force in the last week or so?

Eh, we chose to take it easy on you. I mean, we punked you on your home turf. The refs gave you your only TD!

Big Ten Champs!!!!!!!!!!

Rose Bowl Champs!!!!!!!!!!

First - about Tebow...He will be selected in the 1st round by Jacksonville. Book it. There is a wink and nod agreement with the NFL to keep him in Northern Florida.

Second - Let the talk of Cincinnati, Boise St., and TCU as serious bowl contenders come to a close. You can see why. If Boise St. was to join the PAC-10 and do well, then you may have a case. Ditto for Cincy and TCU joining good conferences.

Third - The PAC-10 should seriously consider adding Utah and Boise St. to make them a legitimate conference.

Fourth - The Big Ten should consider adding Cincy. TCU is having a rare year and should not receive any consideration for a major conference.

My $0.02.

The more I see these college QB's play, the more I like Clausen. I sincerely hope that if we do happen to draft a first round QB that it's him. All the other guys look to be long term projects. I could see Clausen having success his second year in. As long has he's got a half way decent Oline in front of him. I think Bradford may have a higher ceiling if you have the patience to get him up to speed, but to me Clausen definitely looks the most ready out of the gate.

First - about Tebow...He will be selected in the 1st round by Jacksonville. Book it. There is a wink and nod agreement with the NFL to keep him in Northern Florida.

I have serious doubts about any NFL team making "wink and nod" deals about their draft picks, never even mind first round ones.

That said, though, I have seen several sources point out that Tebow probably looks better when you're wearing Jax-colored glasses, because in Jax, he'll sell tickets. (Something that the rest of the Jags can't do.) I wouldn't be at all surprised for him to wind up there, simply because he'll be higher on Jax's draft board than on anybody else's.

Fourth - The Big Ten should consider adding Cincy. TCU is having a rare year and should not receive any consideration for a major conference.

I think the best team for the Big Ten to add would be Notre Dame. Only problem is, I don't see Notre Dame going for that deal, because they've got it too good on their own.

Why do you hate OSU so much
This time it's just their style.
Exactly, because you only know high scoring games, whether it be football, hockey, or baseball. You wouldn't know what a good defense is unless it smacked your Boise State boys in the mouth. We'll see.
FALSE. I enjoyed the NFL season opener (13-10) and the OU-Texas game this season (16-13), so please :stfu: unless you know what you're talking about.

And we Redskins fans don't know much about high scoring :(

This game just shows you what a farce it was to have the Cincys and TCUs of the world rated in the same neighborhood as the schools from the big conferences. The talent level gaps are just as huge as people said they were.

Was TCU on the field? You can't say the result would be the same if they don't even get a chance to prove themselves.

Also, Cincy is from a "big conference."(it even has Big in the title)

Was TCU on the field? You can't say the result would be the same if they don't even get a chance to prove themselves.

Big East is interesting conference as far as sports. I mean sure Cincy is in for football and basketball but other teams in the conference such as Villanova who was in the final four last year plays football in the CAA which is a conference in FCS. A10 conference which is considered in basketball a "power conference" plays football in the CAA. WAC(sort of: mainly Boise State),BIG12,BIG10,ACC, and SEC are the main power conferences in football.

The big East is not a big Conference. Are you kidding me? And TCU is on par with Cincy. They're certainly not on par with Bama or Texas.

Archived