Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

College Football: Bowl Stuff

ixcuincle

The big East is not a big Conference. Are you kidding me? And TCU is on par with Cincy. They're certainly not on par with Bama or Texas.

The Big East is not a big conference?? The Big East is a BCS automatic qualifying conference, I think that makes it a big conference. I suppose you would say it's not a big conference in basketball too?

So, TCU is on par with Cincy, and TCU is not on par with Bama or Texas, according to who? You? Last time I checked, TCU did not play Bama or Texas :doh:

The Big East is not a big conference?? The Big East is a BCS automatic qualifying conference, I think that makes it a big conference. I suppose you would say it's not a big conference in basketball too?

So, TCU is on par with Cincy, and TCU is not on par with Bama or Texas, according to who? You? Last time I checked, TCU did not play Bama or Texas :doh:

The Big East is irrelevant. None of those teams will ever challenge for the National title. They get consolation bowls.

Yup according to me. TCU would get their doors blown off by Bama and Texas. It's not realy up for debate, is it? Seriously?

The Big East is irrelevant. None of those teams will ever challenge for the National title. They get consolation bowls.

Yup according to me. TCU would get their doors blown off by Bama and Texas. It's not realy up for debate, is it? Seriously?

Ok so the Big East is a big conference but irrelevant, and why is that? Consolation bowls?? LOL, so the BCS bowl agains Florida was a consolation bowl? Right. I suppose the ACC is irrelevant also then, right? According to you that is.

How would you know unless they got a chance to play? You wouldn't. Your opinion is your opinion, no problem with that. It's no up for debate? It's absolutely up for debate considering that they haven't played. You seem to ignore that fact.

Ok so the Big East is a big conference but irrelevant, and why is that? Consolation bowls?? LOL, so the BCS bowl agains Florida was a consolation bowl? Right. I suppose the ACC is irrelevant also then, right? According to you that is.

How would you know unless they got a chance to play? You wouldn't. Your opinion is your opinion, no problem with that. It's no up for debate? It's absolutely up for debate considering that they haven't played. You seem to ignore that fact.

Yeah, Florida lost to Bama so they got a consolation bowl. The ACC has better teams in it. Miam and VT for instance. Who does the Big East have anymore? Nobody worth mentioning. Nobody that really poses a threat to anybody from the BIG conferences. Lets face it, the Big East is big in name only. At least as far as football is concerned.

And I don't need to see TCU play Texas to know that Texas would embarass them. Texas gets the best recruits and has the best coaching. TCU gets middle of the road recruits and middle of the road coaching. That's just the way it is.

Yeah, Florida lost to Bama so they got a consolation bowl. The ACC has better teams in it. Miam and VT for instance. Who does the Big East have anymore? Nobody worth mentioning. Nobody that really poses a threat to anybody from the BIG conferences. Lets face it, the Big East is big in name only. At least as far as football is concerned.

And I don't need to see TCU play Texas to know that Texas would embarass them. Texas gets the best recruits and has the best coaching. TCU gets middle of the road recruits and middle of the road coaching. That's just the way it is.

Hm, so according to you then, the Big East, ACC, Pac 10, Big 10 and any other conference other than the two conferences with teams in the title game are irrelevant conferences. So the ACC has better teams? I'm sorry, but who went undefeated in the ACC this year. Again, your opinion is your opinion, but you're showing no basis other than that.

Well, I would like to see TCU play Texas and I highly doubt that Texas would embarass them, that's my opinion.

Interesting argument. Seems to ignore recent college football history, with significant wins by "unworthy" teams over BCS-friendly schools, but, hell, if you take Alabama and Texas ten times, you'll probably win at least eight.

SMU will beat anyone that wants to face them in the BCS Championship game next year.

Congrats to your boys, by the way. First bowl victory in a while must taste sweet. I like June Jones, and I think he'll build a great program there.

Or you guys are just fair weather.

I don't know about anyone else, but I participated in all of the College Football threads.

This time it's just their style.

FALSE. I enjoyed the NFL season opener (13-10) and the OU-Texas game this season (16-13), so please :stfu: unless you know what you're talking about.

Oh, so you enjoyed one low scoring college football game this year??? Wow, what a fan you are! :thumbsup:

And if you knew anything about college football, you would know that Oregon has an explosive offense that requires......wait for it....ball control to keep that explosive offense off the field. I apologize OSU did what was required to win the game.

Total Yards: OSU- 419 Oregon-260

Time of Possession: OSU- 41:37 Oregon- 18:23

First Downs: OSU-26 Oregon-12

This game just shows you what a farce it was to have the Cincys and TCUs of the world rated in the same neighborhood as the schools from the big conferences. The talent level gaps are just as huge as people said they were.

Ummm, their coach left them out to dry. I have a feeling that had something to do with it.

According to who, you? You simply made a statement, you provided no support to back it up. And if correct, so, what does that mean? Oregon won't score? OSU's gonna win just because of that and that only. What about OSU's offense verse Oregon's defense? Any comment on that matchup? And I'm sure some would easily say that OSU has not faced an offense as good as Oregon's, so I guess that mean's Oregon will win because of that according to your terms.

And no, I'm not an Oregon fan at all, not in the least. But I do got them winning, easily.

Woops.

:D

Defense wins championships.

The commentator said "Who wouldn't want their kid to grow up to be like Tim Tebow?"

:puke: :doh:

Put Tebow in a Georgia uni and you are buying his gear for your kids while telling them what a good kid he is. Aside from being one of the greatest college football players of all time, let's face it, the man is a stand up individual, why wouldn't you want your kid to be like Tebow?

if you haven't actually watched them play, it doesn't make much sense to project how they would do against the teams you listed

Because it doesn't take a rocket scientists to know that the talent level diparity is huge as is the competition level they each faced. I don't need to watch TCU play San Diego state to know that they'd get their ass handed to em much the same way that Cincy did.

I thought all this was just the obvious stuff. Now I feel like I'm ruining your Easter by telling you there's no Easter Bunny.

Because it doesn't take a rocket scientists to know that the talent level diparity is huge as is the competition level they each faced. I don't need to watch TCU play San Diego state to know that they'd get their ass handed to em much the same way that Cincy did.

I thought all this was just the obvious stuff. Now I feel like I'm ruining your Easter by telling you there's no Easter Bunny.

Oh really?

Exhibit A

Listen, there are no aboslutes in sports, but for the most part you can pair off the best Big East team against the best SEC or Big 12 team and the SEC/Big 12 team will win the game at an overwhelming rate. I'm talking about a 90% clip.
Yes, 9/10 times the power school WOULD win, but that's why March Madness is so great and why football needs playoffs: all you need is that ONE time.

Archived