Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

College Football: Bowl Stuff

ixcuincle

Man, you disappeared after the Bama game :hysterical:

Anyway, looking at your signature - you don't really believe Tebow is a first rounder, right? That is a joke, right?

haven't disappeared at all...I've been around. Look at how long I've been a member of this board, and then look at how many posts I have.......I don't post near as often as the majority on this board.

As far as Tebow is concerned....he won't make it past Jacksonville....their owner has already come out and said he wants Tebow in a Jags uniform.

Quite hatin'

So does this make Boise State a legit program now? That's 2 Fiesta Bowl wins and another undefeated season. They are 49-4 the last 4 years and have 2 undefeated seasons. Time to take them seriously.

I'd definitely take them seriously if I had to play them, but until they play the regular season schedule that most other major schools play...I wouldn't put them in the same league.

Boise State usually only plays two tough games (at the most) per year. One out of conference game against a PAC 10 team and then a bowl game.

Their Athletic director has even gone on record saying that they schedule a weak out of conference schedule on purpose, so they have a better chance to go undefeated and get into a BCS bowl.

When they asked the offensive MVP if he thought they had a legit claim at being #1 in the country, he answered with a really quick no.

This would not be the same team if they played in a conference like the SEC or the big 12...or one of the other good conferences. They are at least a 2-3 loss team with a legit schedule.

I'd definitely take them seriously if I had to play them, but until they play the regular season schedule that most other major schools play...I wouldn't put them in the same league.

Boise State usually only plays two tough games (at the most) per year. One out of conference game against a PAC 10 team and then a bowl game.

Their Athletic director has even gone on record saying that they schedule a weak out of conference schedule on purpose, so they have a better chance to go undefeated and get into a BCS bowl.

When they asked the offensive MVP if he thought they had a legit claim at being #1 in the country, he answered with a really quick no.

This would not be the same team if they played in a conference like the SEC or the big 12...or one of the other good conferences. They are at least a 2-3 loss team with a legit schedule.

Ok, do you blame them for saying they make a soft schedule on purpose? What do they have to gain from creating a crazy tough schedule? Would they get a shot at the National Title if they would've beaten another top team or 2 in the regular season, probably not. So what is their incentive of making a tough schedule?

I've also heard that they've tried to schedule some of the bigger teams but no one will schedule them. They do play VaTech coming up this year, which is a big game for both.

I think they should be considered an elite college team. Maybe people will start yo give them more respect now.

Matt: http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=dw-boise110709&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Not even a home-and-home, just one game @ a BCS school, no takers.

I thought I heard about that. It just shows what is wrong with college football. All those other teams have more to lose if they were to lose to Boise than they would if they beat Boise. How are mid-mjaors going to get respect if no one wants to play them?

Look at what happened last night in college basketball. UNC lost at College of Charleston. Would Florida play at Florida International? No. Would Ohio St play at Ohio? No. It's a joke.

Yes because the lower sample size of games played in college football, combined with the strong ramifications of a loss, frighten teams away from scheduling BSU.

In a sport like college basketball where you can play 30 or more games you can schedule mid-majors more.

Yes because the lower sample size of games played in college football, combined with the strong ramifications of a loss, frighten teams away from scheduling BSU.

In a sport like college basketball where you can play 30 or more games you can schedule mid-majors more.

You could schedule them more in CFB if 1 loss didn't destroy your season.

Didn't Florida say the same exact thing earlier this year?

I'm sure alot of teams do that. Like I said, what do teams have to gain by having a tough schedule? If you go undefeated you're gonna be in a BCS Bowl and if you're in the Big 6 conferences, you'll more than likely be in the title game. Its dumb to have a tough OOC schedule especially if you think you'll run through your conference.

Also, the bigger schools have nothing to gain by playing mid-majors like Boise State, TCU, Utah, or BYU.

Easy fix:

1) Any FBS (Div 1-A) schools that play any FCS (Div 1-AA) or lower schools are disqualified from playing in the Conference Championship (or winning the conference in non-championship game leagues) and participating in the BCS. No more chump schedules fro the big boys.

2) Require all out of conference scheduling to be a home-and-home series (with the option of the larger school "buying" the second home date)

3) Conference championship games will pit the two best teams from the conference, ending the BS of the Big 12 and ACC, where the strong division winner plays a 4 loss team (no "divisions" in standings, only for scheduling)

4) Top 16 teams (Conference Champs from BCS conferences, MWC, WAC, plus any other undefeated FBS conf champs over second place teams from BCS conf) play a single elimination tourny (First Round: Sugar, Rose, Fiesta, Orange, Chick-Fil-A, Cotton, Gator, Capitol One; Second Round:Sugar, Rose, Fiesta, Orange; Third Round: Rotate through two of Sugar, Rose, Fiesta, Orange: Championship: Every four yearsone of Sugar, Rose, Fiesta, Orange hosts)

But one or two tough games is what most schools play in their conference anyway.

Big Ten: 2 or 3 good teams each year

ACC: Let's be honest there's only been one legit team in that conference for the past few years

Big 12: 2 or 3 good teams, up to five when it's a great year but other years aside from Texas and Ok there's no one to write home about

Big East:??

Pac 10: 1, maybe 2 teams per year.

SEC: I'd say there are three teams in that conference annually that are pretty good. Again in great years, there's a whole bunch. But on average I'd say 3. Four if I'm being generous.

So to say BSU just plays two tough games isn't really that much of a knock. What I think is better to say is that no one in their conference is likely to beat them. Whereas, in other conferences a UNC, a Minnesota, a OkST, Oregon State, or Vandy can trip you up.

War Hawkeyes!

(sike, I'm a Wolverine for life but I'm rooting for them!)

I kind of wish they were paired up against an SEC team so they could help continue to shatter that myth about the SEC's superiority. Considering the Big 10 does pretty well in Bowl games and it's usually on THEIR turf, I don't know why people still stick by that perception.

War Hawkeyes!

(sike, I'm a Wolverine for life but I'm rooting for them!)

I kind of wish they were paired up against an SEC team so they could help continue to shatter that myth about the SEC's superiority. Considering the Big 10 does pretty well in Bowl games and it's usually on THEIR turf, I don't know why people still stick by that perception.

I'd imagine you've seen your share of Iowa games. This Bulaga kid seems like an terrific prospect. I'd love for him to declare early and the Skins to nab him #4 - I bet he'd be rated higher than Okung or Williams.

Archived