Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Question. Will Bruce--and Shanny?--want Jason? (MET) (merged)

jimster

I wonder how long it will take for that to be the next hot topic.

We all know Gruden loves him some vet QB's, but what is Allen's approach?

Will he like what he see's enough to keep him around?

Do we keep Jason and bring in a second guy (draft most likely) to compete?

Funny how Portis said he will be gone because Danny was going to make changes. I guess he knew something then, I think JC stays. Portis is gone.

I think you're reading entirely too much into it :)

But, if it's an uncapped year, say goodbye to Clinton. He has been and still is a great Redskin in terms of history, but we can't keep him with that much money going towards his contract.

I agree that Portis got tipped about the GM change and knew he was toast. Allen has several tough decisions ahead of him now. Glad he plans to talk with the players but the bottom line for any new GM should be results- can the Skins win these last three games and if they don't can Allen figure out some of their most glaring holes.

Lets be honest Shanny likes Gun Slingers.. Elway,Plummer, Cutler... Where does Jason fit into this.... Because I sure as heck don't see any of the guys in this years draft being Gun Slingers like what Shanny is acustomed too.... I personally think He will take Jason for 1 year and draft another QB Most likely that kid from Washington...As a betting man i dont see Jason being Shanny style of QB.

HTTR

gibbs gave ramsey a little time, but not much.

itll depend on what they wanna do in the draft, and what system they wanna run.

if we change systems again, campbell is worthless because of his inability to quickly learn.

What they want to do in the draft is the magic question. What does/will Bruce and new staff think of the QB's coming out?

Personally, I think we'd be better off hanging on to Campbell for at least next season (he's RFA I believe) as an insurance policy. There's no guarantee a rookie will be ready to take the reigns.

And I forgot that Shanny will bring his son here . The OC of Houston .. And Kyle will want a guy just like Schaub... Dont get me wrong I like Jason .. and He is a great game manager with a couple fo plays here and there but he is not a gun slinger like what The new coaching staff will want based on me assuming Shanny is coming here.

gibbs gave ramsey a little time, but not much.

itll depend on what they wanna do in the draft, and what system they wanna run.

if we change systems again, campbell is worthless because of his inability to quickly learn.

I agree. If we still run the WCO, JC has a good chance of sticking around. If we change to something else though, JC will be gone.

I do know this: Gruden would be more likely to keep JC than Shanny.

:doh: And you know this how?

Considering that there is a real possibility that there is no CBA next year, ANY coach that comes in is likely to ask the GM to retain Campbell as a RFA and not have to start his career in Washington with Colt, a high priced UFA/RFA or a rookie.

Allen said he cared about 52 weeks of performance, not 3 games

Which is fine and dandy, but coaches generally don't think like GM's. New head coaches generally want to install their QB of their choosing unless the established QB shows them something.

As for Gibbs and Ramsey, Ramsey never had a shot because of Gibbs obsession with vet QB's and him hand selecting Brunell.

Sorry for the ignorance - I don't understand: If it's an uncapped year, why not keep him?

In an uncapped year we can eat the entire cap hit without hurting our cap position. For all those who think uncapped = buy the best free agents, you are dead wrong.

Uncapped is essentially a reset for the prorated bonuses that count on the cap each year and will allow teams to purge players that they are holding onto purely for salary cap reasons.

Now if we eliminated the cap altogether...:point2sky

In an uncapped year we can eat the entire cap hit without hurting our cap position. For all those who think uncapped = buy the best free agents, you are dead wrong.

Uncapped is essentially a reset for the prorated bonuses that count on the cap each year and will allow teams to purge players that they are holding onto purely for salary cap reasons.

Now if we eliminated the cap altogether...:point2sky

This :)

Archived