Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Question. Will Bruce--and Shanny?--want Jason? (MET) (merged)

jimster

gibbs gave ramsey a little time, but not much.

itll depend on what they wanna do in the draft, and what system they wanna run.

if we change systems again, campbell is worthless because of his inability to quickly learn.

'campbell is worthless' ??

Why would the new HC/OC bring in anything 'brand new'. Currently the Skins are averaging 30 points a game! They'll implement new wrinkles gradually...

gibbs gave ramsey a little time, but not much.

itll depend on what they wanna do in the draft, and what system they wanna run.

if we change systems again, campbell is worthless because of his inability to quickly learn.

Right, like during JC's and the Redskin's 1st year in Jim Zorn's brand new WCO as compared to Cutler's 1st year in the WCO that the Bears already ran?

BTW- Shanny runs a version of the WCO its not going to be the as difficult a transition to a completely different offense.

Well if there isnt a new CBA, he pretty much has no choice. Unless some team signs Jason away from us and I'm sure Shanny would let him go.

I'm pretty sure if Shanny were here he would want to bring in all his own personnel.

'his own personnel' ?? You mean quarterback? What quarterback would that be exactly?

Right, like during JC's and the Redskin's 1st year in Jim Zorn's brand new WCO as compared to Cutler's 1st year in the WCO that the Bears already ran?

BTW- Shanny runs a version of the WCO its not going to be the as difficult a transition to a completely different offense.

first of all, the bears dont run a WCO at all. turner is going to be fired and theyre probably going to bring in a WCO or something similar for cutler. the bears run a dated run first offense so i have no clue where youre getting that they run a WCO. hell even his wikipedia page says turner is of the air coryell tree which is the exact opposite of a WCO.

and shanny will want a new QB, not a guy that isnt built for it, which campbell blatantly isnt.

In an uncapped year we can eat the entire cap hit without hurting our cap position. For all those who think uncapped = buy the best free agents, you are dead wrong.

Uncapped is essentially a reset for the prorated bonuses that count on the cap each year and will allow teams to purge players that they are holding onto purely for salary cap reasons.

Now if we eliminated the cap altogether...:point2sky

Supposedly if they dont come to an agreement teh cap will be gone forever with very little chance of it coming back if they do it will be a capped year and i wouldnt be surprised to see the cap drop for a year or 2

first of all, the bears dont run a WCO at all. turner is going to be fired and theyre probably going to bring in a WCO or something similar for cutler. the bears run a dated run first offense so i have no clue where youre getting that they run a WCO. hell even his wikipedia page says turner is of the air coryell tree which is the exact opposite of a WCO.

and shanny will want a new QB, not a guy that isnt built for it, which campbell blatantly isnt.

I've seen and heard his offense refered to as the WCO although you could be right.

I don't look at wiki as a reliable source.

But, that doesn't change the subject of your post which was:

campbell is worthless because of his inability to quickly learn.

Look at JC's in his and the team 1st year under Zorn in a new offense as compared to Cutler's 1st year in an offense that the team alread ran?

Who do you think showed an inablility to 'quickly learn'? LoL,

Your inaccurate bashing of JC is ceaseless.

If shanny is the guy and DS knew about it for awhile could it be that Allen and Shanny told CP to sit an chill and come back in shape and ready to work for the new season to teach the new rb's coming in to run the O. Just another theory to throw out there!

Implying Oline is not next step. Unreal.

Once you get the franchise QB, The next step is you then build around him. That means, if needed, OL, RB, WR and so on. But ES logic dicates if we draft 1st rd QB, we nothing else in the draft from there on.

I suspect everyone will be auditioning the next three games.

I agree with you. I think JC's fate rest on the next three games. If he plays horrible I think hes gone, now if he plays the way hes been as of late, he will have a good chance. But sadly, I think if he plays average hes gone as well.

If Shanahan became coach, I believe he would be more interested in a Colt/Cutler type.

Or a Sam Bradford.

A guy that can drive a team down the field in the 4th, and win games.

Well what would he want with a Cutler type .... he can drive a team down the field in the 5th quater and then promptly turn the ball over again ... course Cutler driving the team down the field in the 4th is pretty pointless given he has already lost the game for the team with the 2-3 other ints he has given up ..

hell even his wikipedia page says turner is of the air coryell tree which is the exact opposite of a WCO.

Ummm, Gillman's Chargers and then Don Coryell's Cards and Chargers offenses were actually the first "WCO". And was used by the Raiders when Davis went there. It may not be called WCO after Bill Walsh put his signature on theirs. But to say Coryell is the exact opposite, is slightly off base. Both are based on timed passing systems.

I'm reminded of Patrick Ramsey, & everyone saying how he would prosper when Gibbs came back, & promptly showed Ramsey the door. I wonder whether that will be JC's fate.

Are you getting alzheimer old man? What game are you people watching? Look, we have a horrible o-line, we didn't have an offensive coordinator, and a running game. And in the next 3 games you can project the numbers, 3500 yards passing, and over 20 TDS. Who in the op[en market is going to give us that type of production? And the dude is as cool as they come. Come come now, stop the hate people. Just get ready for the parade.

did you really just ask this?
Collins said it takes a year and a half to learn Saunders' offense. Around the halfway point of his second year in his system (3 TDs in a loss to Philly), JC was starting to get it. Joe Montana said it takes 3 years to fully grasp the WCO; the team as a whole was still learning it--and having difficulties with it--last year, as illustrated by the fact that the receivers were routinely running the wrong routes. We're nearing the close of the 2nd year in the WCO, and it appears to be coming together.

IF Shanny becomes HC ... and this looks tres likely ... color Jason gone ... and get ready fro some exciting offensive-minded footballs in the air! No more 3NOut-boring-ball!

This "3 and out" thing really mystifies me. Statistically we are 15th overall this year in 3rd down conversions. In the last 3 games we are in the top 5 in the NFL in 3rd down conversions. Do you like just making stuff up and hoping that nobody catches you at it?

This "3 and out" thing really mystifies me. Statistically we are 15th overall this year in 3rd down conversions. In the last 3 games we are in the top 5 in the NFL in 3rd down conversions. Do you like just making stuff up and hoping that nobody catches you at it?

15 is not competitive and never will be. Where are your statistics to measure "boring offense" = Loser. Tim ... you are going down on the Campbell ship.

15 is not competitive and never will be. Where are your statistics to measure "boring offense" = Loser. Tim ... you are going down on the Campbell ship.

15th is right in the middle of the pack. But that is the full season including a crappy start. As I said, the Skins 3rd down completion percentage in the past 3 games is top 5 in the NFL. How, exactly, do you define a "boring offense"? How can you keep talking about how our offense goes 3 and out so much when the statistics, specifically in the past 3-5 games, show that we are in the upper echelon in the NFL as far as 3rd down completions?

O-line is horrible only when you have a slow-thinking QB with a long-wind-up delivery who locks onto one receiver.

Yea because that's the "only" reason our OL is "horrible." It's not because there's only one player on it who was starting last year or because even before they all went down with injuries they were sub-par and aging. It's just because we have a slow, stupid QB. I mean what kind of QB can only put up an 89 passer rating? Sure he's shown improvement every year even though the system keeps changing, but everyone knows any good NFL QB can march his unit up and down the field no matter the system or OL... Oh and I'm with you on the 'locking onto receiver" thing-- Campbell needs to stop locking onto those scrubs Thomas and Davis cause they're not getting us anywhere...

O-line is horrible only when you have a slow-thinking QB with a long-wind-up delivery who locks onto one receiver.

The O-line is horrible when you sign the 32nd ranked LG from 2008 and a guy who hasn't played in 3 years and call them an "upgrade".

And the O-line is horrible when not one of the back-ups took a single snap in 2008 but are now having to play because 2 aged, injured starters where expected to last 16 games.

Archived