Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BAD Rumor: Zorn and JC are out and Vinny is definitely staying (MET)

Dinello

Interesting times indeed. I say this because the Walrus's info seems to be a bit dated as some one already pointed out.

And I posted the other day, the trio may not be enough to save Vinny the GM as Scott Cambell was running that draft board & I hear he's the one who is getting credit for picking the trio.

Now that's not to say that 'Vinny the radio show guy' is gone but rather sticks around as just that.

Another thing to ponder is that Dan likes Shanny. And Shanny likes Dan. But I'm now hearing that Jerruh likes Shanny & Shanny also likes Jerruh a lil bit better then he likes Dan. So it may come down to a bidding war to see who gives up the most for Shanny.

Also as I posted the other day, it seems the the whole 'scouting McCoy' thing was embellished/blown out of porportion. I think there was a mention of Dan with a cigar therein. Which is odd since Dan hasn't been known/seen to smoke a cigar in years. I also had a report that Vinny was actually spotted at the team hotel during that game.

If Jerruh and Snyder get into a bidding war, would one of the "chips" be how much control Shanny gets? I don't see Jerruh giving up his GM chair to anyone but I can see Synder giving Vinny's chair away. This sounds like Shanny could end up with the keys to the kingdom.

Not that it matters but so much, but even the local radio guys here in Charlotte laugh hard at Cerrato.

"Would you rather have a GM that behaves like the Panthers GM... or Vinny Cerrato?"(followed by much laughter)

That was on the afternoon show today when talking abotu disagreeing with the Panthers FO approach to IR.

After hearing this information yesterday I hesitated about posting it here because it will be obvious what team my AFC North friend works for but I just have to share it.

While interviewing for the Cleveland Browns the last couple of days, Mike Holmgren was asked by the Browns what his interest was in other potential front office vacancies around the NFL. When specifically asked about the Redskins job he said that he had ZERO interest in the job and that he had already been told that Zorn and most likely Jason Campbell will be gone at season's end and Dan Snyder is convinced that Vinny Cerrato is the guy to lead the Redskins for the forseeable future. He also made the comment that he was too old to work in such a toxic atmosphere as the Redskins have.

My friend said it he thought that Holmgren got this info. from Zorn himself but that Holmgren did not specifically say that Zorn told him. My friend said the fact that Vinny and Danny were scouting QBs together recently most likely means there is no intent to get rid of Vinny.

Also, my friend did not know when during this season that Holmgren got this info.

I personally hope Holmgren is dead wrong and Vinny is gone at midnight on Jan 4.

Snyder at the end of day is businessman. He will take a hard look at JC in the last three games and access his future with this franchise. The bottom line is he can't possibly get the value back that was invested in him. And he has already shown his hand last off-season... no NFL owner would be willing to trade anything of value for JC - they would just wait to see if he would just let his deal lapse (essentially cutting him). On the other hand, JC has shown some serious potential, AND has managed to stay healthy. So, not signing JC to some sort of tender wouldn't make business sense.

Zorn on the other hand is perfectly expendable. Snyner took a calculated risk to take an unexperienced quarterback coach for his Head Coach and OC when he couldn't the other guys he was after. So, Zorn is probably gone.

However, even JC still being here will hinge on who Snyder brings in as Head Coach/OC/President. I think Snyder will give this guy all the lattitude he wants (except getting rid of Vinny).

People wont believe me but Cowher is coming back to coach the panthers and wants JC bad to be his QB.. my coworker's family works for the panthers front office

Yes, but the thing that will throw a wrench in this scenario is if JC stays hot and beats a wounded Giants team on Monday Night.... then turns around and beats a wounded Cowboy team on Sunday Night ... in the lights ... in Prime Time!

Then getting rid of a guy like that.... with nothing to show for it.... well... it ain't happening. JC, IF, he continues to play well will get a contract offer from Snyder. Zorn is toast.

Well, I hate Dan Snyder.

Seriously, what leads anyone to believe JASON CAMPBELL is the weak link on offense?? That guy has the grit you need from a quarterback, especially one playing behind that o-line (that appears to be improving, and thus showing what Campbell is capable of).

Vinny will stay on as a face of the radio, and thats it .

Campbell these next two games will be the clincher . If he can beat the Giants ( something he has never done, and the Cowboys..something he has done once) I think he will be back .

I think the scouting potential QBs by the Dan has been blow out of proportion . He is a fan after all and would like to get an eyeball on people who might be Redskins next year .

One thing I am really not sure on is who we bring in as GM/Team president . I still have an incling that Gibbs may be the guy to take a Parcells role ...or Parcells himself .

This is all great fun, but none of us really knows what will happen. I appreciate the rumor from a trusted source. And that may portend the future. But who really knows, except for Dan Snyder?

My OPINION (no front office friend as a source):

economy is bad, Snyder is losing money (as compared to previous years). Rumor has it that concession sales are down 30%. Lots of empty seats= fewer beer and hot dogs sold. Yes, people have already paid for season tickets, but when I look around the stadium, I see too many empty seats (even against the Saints).

Can you relistically afford to pay Zorn (I understand that only 3 years of his 5year contract is guaranteed), AND a new HC, AND a new GM?

IF JC can lead us to wins over the Giants and Cowboys, why not keep everyone around another year? See what happens with the CBA negotiations, hope the economy turns around next year, hope that a gelling team may win 9 games and be competitive in 2010. Draft some OL prospects in rounds 1 and 2 (less cost than glamour QBs). That will bring the fans back.

I think everyone stays: JC, Vinnie and Zorn. Money is tight.

HTTR

:helmet:

Dinello-thanks for your post here. What you reported sounds plausible. It is not good news for the Skins at all but not much can be done about it. I knew Holmgren was too smart to come work for this Skins front office. Now Shanahan is not as smart as Holmgren and he thinks a lot of himself- has a large ego and Snyder will pump up his ego and fill his pockets full of money.

i hope we keep jason no matter who else comes and goes. on a side note i listen to moving the chains with tim ryan and pat kirwin for sirius nfl radio and they truly believe that the redskins will hire shanny at seasons end. and it seams to me that kirwin is hinting that he has inside info on this.

Beyond a shadow of a doubt. The trick is to see what actually happens if/when he's held responsible for it.

Okay, so...let me get this straight: Shanahan will be our coach IF the pukes don't outbid DS...and Vinny will go.

Now, don't GM's usually hire HC's?

And, don't coaches who fill both roles usually suck...in both departments?

Did we really expect anything less than this from Holmgrenn? Zorn is his guy. You think that he is going to actually come out and say something nice. Who knows if he really even talked to Cerrato or Snyder. I doubt it being that Zorn was his guy and taking a job that would put Zorn in danger would show that he isn't loyal. I doubt that this happened, but stranger things have happened such as a HOF coach coming out of retirement to coach the team that he once coached almost 13 years prior.

I really don't care for rumors. But then again, it's just like Snyder to not realize what he has before he lets it go. Zorn and Campbell shouldn't be going anywhere. If there's anyone who isn't worth retaining, it's Vinny Cerratto.

The poor decisions that are made at the top will only bring about dismal play on the field.

Archived