Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BAD Rumor: Zorn and JC are out and Vinny is definitely staying (MET)

Dinello

After hearing this information yesterday I hesitated about posting it here because it will be obvious what team my AFC North friend works for but I just have to share it.

While interviewing for the Cleveland Browns the last couple of days, Mike Holmgren was asked by the Browns what his interest was in other potential front office vacancies around the NFL. When specifically asked about the Redskins job he said that he had ZERO interest in the job and that he had already been told that Zorn and most likely Jason Campbell will be gone at season's end and Dan Snyder is convinced that Vinny Cerrato is the guy to lead the Redskins for the forseeable future. He also made the comment that he was too old to work in such a toxic atmosphere as the Redskins have.

My friend said it he thought that Holmgren got this info. from Zorn himself but that Holmgren did not specifically say that Zorn told him. My friend said the fact that Vinny and Danny were scouting QBs together recently most likely means there is no intent to get rid of Vinny.

Also, my friend did not know when during this season that Holmgren got this info.

I personally hope Holmgren is dead wrong and Vinny is gone at midnight on Jan 4.

Oh I love these "I have a friend that works..." threads...

It all sounds VERY probable, and there's no reason not to believe him.

I would have mixed feelings. I love Vinny as a college talent evaluator and pulling random players out of his *** to do a patch job, but he is horrible at assembling the team as a whole. At the same time, at least JC would be out.:D

I think Vinny stays in some capacity no matter what happens.

Oh I love these "I have a friend that works..." threads...
More speculation.. I don't care if it came from Vinny's mouth himself. With this organization, we all know you don't believe a word of what you hear until you see it happen.
It don't mean diddly-squirt if you won't name a source.

I've been around here awhile and I will vouch for Dinello. He's always come with good information. Be respectful of the fact that his friend is giving him this information on faith that he won't be named, he doesn't owe you a source. He's proven his validity over the years here.

Thanks for the info, even though you just confirmed my worst fears. Sigh. Looks like I won't be renewing my season tickets.

I think most of us have suspected that this would happen and the source on all of this is usually pretty accurate.

To those who were wondering about all the hatred and all that...when it is offically announced Vinny is coming back...things could get interesting around here.

It all sounds VERY probable, and there's no reason not to believe him.

I would have mixed feelings. I love Vinny as a college talent evaluator and pulling random players out of his *** to do a patch job, but he is horrible at assembling the team as a whole. At the same time, at least JC would be out.:D

My friend said that Vinny has a decent reputation around the league as a scout. Everybody believes he should just be a regional college scout and just visit colleges, watch tape and write up scouting reports for the GM. The fact that he is the GM is what astounds most scouts around the league.

My friend said that Vinny has a decent reputation around the league as a scout. Everybody believes he should just be a regional college scout and just visit colleges, watch tape and write up scouting reports for the GM. The fact that he is the GM is what astounds most scouts around the league.

THIS!

Vinny has been able to find some players from small schools I've never even heard of. Or players from big schools you have no idea about unless your a fan or student of that school.

Director of Scouting Department would be perfect for Vinny. Please just take away his decision making regarding the whole franchise..

1) I vouch for the OP, too. Thanks for the insight!

2) However, if every team knew what every other team was doing, then this wouldn't be a competitive league, would it? I'm not saying that the OP's source is lying, but the source just may or may not know what the reality is. Hell, I don't think that the Redskins organization knows what the reality is.

I've been around here awhile and I will vouch for Dinello. He's always come with good information. Be respectful of the fact that his friend is giving him this information on faith that he won't be named, he doesn't owe you a source. He's proven his validity over the years here.

Thanks for the info, even though you just confirmed my worst fears. Sigh. Looks like I won't be renewing my season tickets.

I am holding onto "I'll believe it when I see it..."

However, if Cerrato is retained...you will see fan Revulsion like never before...

1) I vouch for the OP, too. Thanks for the insight!

2) However, if every team knew what every other team was doing, then this wouldn't be a competitive league, would it? I'm not saying that the OP's source is lying, but the source just may or may not know what the reality is. Hell, I don't think that the Redskins organization knows what the reality is.

Lets be honest though, the Redskins have so many leaks and so many big mouths that just about any rumor involving the Redskins turns out to be true

Lets be honest though, the Redskins have so many leaks and so many big mouths that just about any rumor involving the Redskins turns out to be true

I mean, maybe. However, if Campbell keeps playing at this level and Snyder releases him, then all hell will break loose (again).

Vinny's reportedly not been much of a lap dog lately, either.

Either way, it doesn't matter. I'll wait until the end of the season to see what's going on.

Archived