MattFancy

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4730972

1. St. Louis: Jake Locker, QB Washington

2. Tampa Bay: Ndamukong Suh, DT Nebraska

3. Cleveland: Eric Berry, S Tennessee

4. Detroit: Gerald McCoy, DT Oklahoma

5. Kansas City: Russell Okong, OT Oklahoma State

6. Washington: Sam Bradford, QB Oklahoma

Surgery on his throwing shoulder and concerns about the scheme he played in at Oklahoma caused Bradford to fall behind Locker on our board. On the other hand, Bradford has the physical tools and football IQ to quickly develop into an effective starting NFL quarterback.

7. Oakland: Derrick Morgan, DE Georgia Tech

8. Buffalo: Trent Williams, OT Oklahoma

9. Seattle: Anthony Davis, OT Rutgers

10. Denver: Carlos Dunlap, DE Florida

I don't want to draft a QB and found out 4-5 years from now if he's a bust... and in the process we build a team with a window of opportunity that closes and we have to start all over again.

If Eric Berry or Sam Bradford are not there, then trade down and draft OL later on...

There are plenty of OL available in the first round to not take one top 10...

Im fine with improving the QB position as long as they KNOW FOR A FACT Bradford will be better than Jason Campbell......and ALOT better.

We already have a middle of the road QB. There is zero point in drafting anyone that isnt going to be a top 5 QB in the NFL at some point.

Manning was a garuntee, so was Rivers. and Ryan......im not sure that Bradford is..........if the Skins think so then pull the trigger.

Ummmm I hope not, two words, Jemarcus Russell

In what way exactly does Bradford remind you of Russell? They are nothing alike as prospects. If you want someone more like Russell, look at Ryan Mallett. Both of those guys are basically huge arms with little else in their favor.

Bradford is poised, super accurate, has a fast release, and was incredibly productive. Bradford would have been the first overall pick last year. To get him with the 6th pick would represent good value.

Look at those perfectly good OTs taken 8 and 9 on this mock. I really hope we go in that direction and start building up a high quality Oline that we can build a team around. Campbell's good enough to play the next 2 years or so, just resign to a moderate deal and keep him on. This year's QB class sucks anyway.

Sounds good! But where does Clausen go then?

He goes 24th to Seattle.

"Current starter Matt Hasselbeck is 34 years old and backup Seneca Wallace doesn't appear to be the long-term answer. There are concerns about Clausen's release and he doesn't have ideal arm strength, but his mobility and accuracy underneath would make him a good fit for a West Coast offense. "

If we do go after Bradford, I hope we go OL the rest of the way. We can resign JC and give Bradford time to develop so we don't have to throw him out there right away.

id wanna throw him to the wolves right away. no coddling, no sitting, no learning, no watching. get out there and play. sanchez, stafford, ryan, flacco, all sink or swim. i want a sink or swim guy.

and i agree, OL all the way, and in FA. if were gonna make a "splash" in FA, it needs to be a big time olineman.

I would be fine with Bradford at 6. Blah Blah Blah says the ES members, Oline this, Dline, RB, etc.... We can say what we would do or want all day until we are blue in the face. The fact is none of us work for the team and have zero influence with what they pick and honestly for as hard as they tried to get rid of JC last year, a QB is written on the wall this year even if JC is back.

I've been wondering how much impact these last 3 games will have on our off-season... I wonder if the powers that be have already made up their minds about zorn, JC, and our draft needs, or if the recent improvement in the offense is opening up some options...

the last 3 games are all against decent defenses and if our O, and JC, continue to produce, I just don't think we'll go with a QB as our first pick... I think we'd go oline or maybe even BPA if someone falls to us like orakpo did...

personally, I think the minds are made up about zorn, but my gut says JC's position with the team is still debatable...

To me, Suh, Berry, and Okung are the three sure things at the top of the board this year, none of the QB's really scream "bust-proof" to me. I was really hoping we'd be in a position to grab Okung, but our recent success has probably ensured that won't happen.

I know it's only been a few weeks stretch, but Campbell is showing enough life right now that I wouldn't mind concentrating on other positions.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/insider/news/story?id=4730972

6. Washington: Sam Bradford, QB Oklahoma

Surgery on his throwing shoulder and concerns about the scheme he played in at Oklahoma caused Bradford to fall behind Locker on our board. On the other hand, Bradford has the physical tools and football IQ to quickly develop into an effective starting NFL quarterback.

7. Oakland: Derrick Morgan, DE Georgia Tech

8. Buffalo: Trent Williams, OT Oklahoma

9. Seattle: Anthony Davis, OT Rutgers

10. Denver: Carlos Dunlap, DE Florida

We need to trade down with Buffalo or Seattle pick-up a draft pick then draft an OL

id wanna throw him to the wolves right away. no coddling, no sitting, no learning, no watching. get out there and play. sanchez, stafford, ryan, flacco, all sink or swim. i want a sink or swim guy.

and i agree, OL all the way, and in FA. if were gonna make a "splash" in FA, it needs to be a big time olineman.

I think the sink or swim works for some, but not all. Look at Rodgers, Palmer, Rivers, to name a few. I think it depends on the QB and the team around him. At the very least, have a QB competition between Bradford and Campbell to see who should start. If Bradford has to sit for a little, I don't think it would hurt him in the long run.

If we do go after Bradford, I hope we go OL the rest of the way. We can resign JC and give Bradford time to develop so we don't have to throw him out there right away.

Agreed. JC as a restricted FA can come back much like Brees in San Diego. We can go OL in the draft as well as free agency.

Archived