Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

McShay's First 2010 Mock Draft

MattFancy

i scrolled down to see where we were, and when i scrolled back up, i must have stopped at Suh, thinking he was #1 overall, and i looked for locker in every other slot, and didnt see him. lol

how can both of these guys be this high on locker? he didnt post impressive numbers and only had one solid year on a bad team. i dont follow college so hopefully someone can explain this. is this just another case of "big arm, tall guy, throws rockets"?

Locker is an "upside" guy. Very athletic and mobile, big time arm, flashes a crapton of potential. Problem is that his numbers aren't that good. His career comp % sucks (56%), and his TD/INT ratio is nothing to gawk at. Any team that wants to draft him better be willing to either 1) sit him for a year at least or 2) be ready for some serious growing pains and the potential for a major bust.

Locker is an "upside" guy. Very athletic and mobile, big time arm, flashes a crapton of potential. Problem is that his numbers aren't that good. His career comp % sucks (56%), and his TD/INT ratio is nothing to gawk at. Any team that wants to draft him better be willing to either 1) sit him for a year at least or 2) be ready for some serious growing pains and the potential for a major bust.

thats what i was thinking. has all the "tools" kind of guy. ill pass on that.

what ive liked most about bradford is supposedly hes a smart kid, which i really value in a QB. i dont care if he doesnt have a laser for an arm, if hes intelligent and knows the game and where to put the ball and how to read coverages, thats more important than how far he can throw a football wearing socks in the rain.

what ive liked most about bradford is supposedly hes a smart kid, which i really value in a QB. i dont care if he doesnt have a laser for an arm, if hes intelligent and knows the game and where to put the ball and how to read coverages, thats more important than how far he can throw a football wearing socks in the rain.

I agree. We've seen what some of the big arm QBs can do, JaMarcus Russell anyone...

I may be wrong but when it is all said and done no team is going to draft Bradford that high. It's all neat and cute that he puts up good numbers but he hasn't taken enough (or any?) snaps under center plus the shoulder injuries are going to drop his stock.

Didn't the Skins orthopedic DR do Bradfords surgery? If so, you would think they would know more about that injury than other teams.

I haven't read the whole thread to see if this is mentioned but how can we be picking ahead of Oakland?

The outcome of head-to-head matchups in the regular season doesn't play a role in draft order. The first tiebreaker is opposing team's strength of schedule. The team that played the easier schedule gets the better pick.

Agreed. That was the thing when it came down to Peyton vs Leaf (no, I'm not saying Bradford really compares to Peyton...other than his amazing accuracy). Peyton was a very cerebral, accurate, high comp % QB but didn't have an amazingly strong arm, etc. Leaf was all potential. He was very athletic, had a rocket launcher for an arm, but his comp % sucked (I think it was 53% or something like that). We all see how that turned out.

Locker is much different from Leaf in the fact that he is very mature and a high character leader type of guy, so I'm not saying he is the next Ryan Leaf. Just that I would always draft a very smart, accurate, experienced QB over an "upside" guy any day of the week.

I think that there are still questions about Bradford but even if we tender Jason, Bradford is an amazing talent. The fact that he came back to play for his teammates to give his team another chance at the national championship even though he knew he would have been a top 5 pick, it is remarkable considering he had just won a the top individual honor in NCAAF. That is the kind of guy who is a leader of men, because you can just look at his track record and say "he is the real deal." There are some guys who you would go into a dark alley with and know he's got your back. Bradford is that kind of guy and we could do alot worse for a first round pick.

i scrolled down to see where we were, and when i scrolled back up, i must have stopped at Suh, thinking he was #1 overall, and i looked for locker in every other slot, and didnt see him. lol

how can both of these guys be this high on locker? he didnt post impressive numbers and only had one solid year on a bad team. i dont follow college so hopefully someone can explain this. is this just another case of "big arm, tall guy, throws rockets"?

People are high on Locker because he is like a Tim Tebow that can actually throw...he just doesnt have the hype because of where he played.

Get use to use to us moving the other way in the draft order.. cause we are only going to lose possibly one more game.. We will beat the Giants and Cowboys at home and I think pretty handily. Just think about the games we should have won and where we would be... (Carolina, Dallas, NO, Philly, KC.. ) all should have been wins.

The early ones are so far off. After the combine and workouts the mock guys will have a more accurate mock. Then the day of the draft they have the TV listing which is far different that accurately represents what they've found out from front office people.

What's funny is that the first mock, like two years ago where guys like Calais Campbell and Mario Manningham were high on the board. Then when players are in shorts they drop.

Often the mocks done on ACTUAL college play turns out to be closer to the way the draft SHOULD have gone.

Archived