Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP DCSportsBog - Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

HigSkin

I also agree JC's best days are ahead of him. Look at his career stats so far:

jcstats.jpg

His stats keep improving every year, and he's on his way to his best year as a pro despite a change in playcallers, losing his #1 target in Cooley, the starting RB, the backup RB, 2 starting lineman, and having a revolving door of a line filling those holes. He's also shown a ton of heart and toughness with the beating he's taken this year.

I would draft Spiller in the first. Okung will be gone. And then draft Gerhart in the second. Look everyone laughed when we took three receivers two years ago with our first three picks. Dudes are showing life.

Could you imagine the break away threat Spiller would give this offense. And, the ball control running Gerhart could provide us. Bring out the diesel horn.

The rest of the draft and free agency I would focus on oline.

As I have said, and others, you have to play JC until you find someone better. That does not mean start a rookie. Bring in a rookie if you want, but they need to sit at least a year.

And to those saying the Oline is ok are wrong as well. We can survive another year with the guards and centers we have. However, we have to find two future starting tackles and it needs to be next off season that we acquire them. Jones is a nice stop gap and perhaps right tackle, but he is not a long term LT solution.

Also, Colt is not the answer and I don't even know why TC should even be mentioned.

I think considering we're in the NFCE, you have to have a QB that just has "IT" and can win a few close 4th quarter games for you. JC is a game manager, who I think has shown a lot of guts and heart the last few games. However, he's probably only a 1-2 year stop-gap here until someone else develops.

:2cents:

Restricted free agent, which JC will be after this season. Other teams can tender him, we have a right to meet the tender or not. If we do, JC stays. If we don't he goes. We do not have to tender him first.

I actually think you have to extend an offer sheet. Otherwise he becomes unrestricted.

I think considering we're in the NFCE, you have to have a QB that just has "IT" and can win a few close 4th quarter games for you. JC is a game manager, who I think has shown a lot of guts and heart the last few games. However, he's probably only a 1-2 year stop-gap here until someone else develops.

:2cents:

because all the other qbs in the NFCE haven't been scapegoats because they choke on the biggest stages?

Romo sits to pee, meet december.

mcnabb, meet the super bowl.

eli, meet not having plaxico.

because all the other qbs in the NFCE haven't been scapegoats because they choke on the biggest stages?

Romo sits to pee, meet december.

mcnabb, meet the super bowl.

eli, meet not having plaxico.

All three of those guys are capable of taking hold of games and winning on their arms. I don't think you can say that about JC.

So we're going to change the HC and OC, yet keep Campbell?? What is the point?

I still don't see why everyone is now giddy over a minor stretch of decent play by Jason. What about the other 40+ games Campbell has been below-average in? It's taken 4 seasons (and one learning on the bench) to get two consecutive games of good play out of him. Also, one more season and he won't be "young" anymore.

did you miss the saints game? changes are being made for the better.

Exactly what changes would those be?

Who are we going to build this offense around? Levi Jones? Stephon Heyer? Quinton Ganther?

When/if Jim Zorn gets fired, a new coach will bring in his own staff and along with that comes a new offense. That offense will take JC 2 years to become serviceable in and by that time our core will be too old (CP, Santana, etc.).

We are still stuck in a vicious circle. Same thing year after year. I watch the games, I see the improvement. The offense is improving, but with the talent we have on offense we will never be elite.

If we want a consistently elite offense, we must completely start over and build with good talent (especially on the line!) with an effective/stable coaching staff.

For someone who hates on Jason as much as I do, I have to admit the guy is tough. He took a beating early in this game and came back to score in the 30's for the second week strait. I still say next week will prove if he has taken that next step, seems that NY has had his number these last 2 seasons.
I think this is the right attitude, even for a self-professed hater. We have 3 games remaining. Continue the evaluaton process. To me, it looks like the light came on for Jason in the second half of the Atlanta game and he has looked good since. But the Skins don't have to decide today on Campbell's future. For good or for bad, stay medium is good advice. Three games left, all three against good opponents. If Jason survives the pounding he's taking, and continues to play well, then get him some help next year by drafting OLine. If he screws up all 3 weeks, then get the same OLine for the next QB.

Face it, a 106 QB rating doesn't mean JC did poorly. But this is only two weeks in a row that JC looked very, very good. I think he can do it, but the proof is in the pudding. New York has a tough defense. Let 's see how he plays there.

It's a luxury to have 3 weeks to decide. Hopefully the FO takes advantage of it.

I think this is the right attitude, even for a self-professed hater. We have 3 games remaining. Continue the evaluaton process. To me, it looks like the light came on for Jason in the second half of the Atlanta game and he has looked good since. But the Skins don't have to decide today on Campbell's future. For good or for bad, stay medium is good advice. Three games left, all three against good opponents. If Jason survives the pounding he's taking, and continues to play well, then get him some help next year by drafting OLine. If he screws up all 3 weeks, then get the same OLine for the next QB.

Face it, a 106 QB rating doesn't mean JC did poorly. But this is only two weeks in a row that JC looked very, very good. I think he can do it, but the proof is in the pudding. New York has a tough defense. Let 's see how he plays there.

It's a luxury to have 3 weeks to decide. Hopefully the FO takes advantage of it.

This is a great attitude to have on the subject. I wish more fans could express the same amount of common sense and objectivity.

I have been making arguments why JC has sucked this year. The Lions game, the past etc etc. My points were that he looked like he hasn't been progressing. Regardless, I have NOTHING bad to say about him. He played so well against the Saints, minus the one int and he played excellent ball today. There is NO reason to get rid of him next year. There is no one out there in free agency that is better than JC that can come in and help this team. Therefore, I'm eating crow big time. You have to re-sign JC. I'm not 100% sure you make it a long term offer but hey. You've got a good player playing well. Go with it.

This fan base is foolish and fickle. F AND F.

If a guy plays well. BRING HIM BACK! WHO CARES THAT WE HAVE NOT WON A NFC EAST GAME.

He has had two good weeks in a row when there is no pressure on the team. And you are going to bring this guy back for a 5th year?

Its like the fan base is dead. There are no more expectations.

This fan base is foolish and fickle. F AND F.

If a guy plays well. BRING HIM BACK! WHO CARES THAT WE HAVE NOT WON A NFC EAST GAME.

He has had two good weeks in a row when there is no pressure on the team. And you are going to bring this guy back for a 5th year?

BINGO!!!

But you already knew we are living in the era of "hope" and "change".....

Yup, we Skins fans were really disappointed we won today.

:rolleyes:

Good thing you fellas know the truth!

:thumbsup:

So what's your suggestion? Draft a QB and plug him in right away? As if that young kid is likely going to do better than how he's been playing now? :doh:

And actually, Campbell has been playing with ALOT of pressure. The guy is playing for his NFL life and he's responding to a more open and creative playbook. In fact, this guy almost helped us beat the best team in the NFL.

Archived