Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP DCSportsBog - Jurgensen thinks Campbell will be back

HigSkin

That all Sonny's opinion.

Here's why we SHOULD bring Jason Campbell back:

If there is an uncapped 2010, then players with less than six years experience (ie Campbell), will become RESTRICTED free agents... meaning:

We can offer him a one year tender and if he goes to another team and we don't match then we get a first and a third round draft pick... I like it...

Jason is putting together a fine season with not much of an Oline or running game to support him. I hope he does come back. I still think his best days are ahead of him.

Yeah.. I love our 4-9 record. Its great. Of course Candle had nothing to do with that did he? lol.

He's playing good now because there is no pressure. Who cares how he plays when the season is over after 11 games.

More specific on JC, and I have said this all along. He is an average starting NFL QB. He is not bottom 10 or top 10. He is in the middle.

The biggest problem I have with drafting a QB is not getting a new QB that isn't better than JC. Meaning, the FO better bring in a top half starting QB or don't waste a pick.

We have a QB better than JC. He's on IR and his name is Colt. The guy broke 31 NCAA records in 2 years. You don't do that unless you know how to win.

We have a QB better than JC. He's on IR and his name is Colt. The guy broke 31 NCAA records in 2 years. You don't do that unless you know how to win.

He looked pretty bad in his second full preseason.

Yeah, I'm sure he's better than JC.

What do those friggin' coaches know, eh?

:rolleyes:

He looked pretty bad in his second full preseason.

Yeah, I'm sure he's better than JC.

What do those friggin' coaches know, eh?

:rolleyes:

So coaches are always right? That's what your argument seems to imply. The same coaches who have presided over a 4-9 team. Who's to say Colt couldn't have gotten us more wins? Maybe we could give him 5 years to see what he's actually capable of! And anyone who says he's not capable can be labeled an agenda boy!

So coaches are always right? That's what your argument seems to imply. The same coaches who have presided over a 4-9 team. Who's to say Colt couldn't have gotten us more wins? Maybe we could give him 5 years to see what he's actually capable of! And anyone who says he's not capable can be labeled an agenda boy!

I saw him play in preseason. He only needed to look decent to be the #2. He didn't.

I'm guessing the coaches saw what I saw.

;)

I think 99% of the people who want Jason back next year also want Colt back. Colt had a bad preseason, in games and practice, but I remember when he got hurt that he vowed to keep studying hard, so he deserves the time to develop.

Still, when a QB goes from this

Comp/Att...Comp%....Yards...YPA....TD....INT

110/207.....53.1%.....1297.....6.3.....10.....6

to this

250/417.....60.0%.....2700.....6.5.....12....11

to this

315/506......62.3%....3245....6.4......13....6

to this

260/398.....65.3%.....2946....7.4.....17.....12

all while the players around him get worse, I think it's reasonable to expect him to continue to improve. If we get the same leap from 2009 to 2010 as we got from 2008 to 2009, then we have a top ten QB. That might not seem great to you, but I firmly believe that a team can win with a top ten QB.

So we are going to keep Campbell but completely change his offense again? It's not worth it.

If Mike is indeed the HC next, I would think the offense will be as such where there won't be a big learning curve. It should be fairly similar I would imagine.

BTW: I'm for bringing back JC although I have been a vocal critic of his this season. I'm not interested in a rookie QB or the 40 million guaranteed he would get.

If Mike is indeed the HC next, I would think the offense will be as such where there won't be a big learning curve. It should be fairly similar I would imagine.

BTW: I'm for bringing back JC although I have been a vocal critic of his this season. I'm not interested in a rookie QB or the 40 million guaranteed he would get.

It's so nice to see common sense used on this forum. I applaude you sir.

Yeah.. I love our 4-9 record. Its great. Of course Candle had nothing to do with that did he? lol.

He's playing good now because there is no pressure. Who cares how he plays when the season is over after 11 games.

So he's to blame for 4-9?

Really?

Not the horrid offensive line?

Not the break in the fourth quarter defense?

It's all on Jason.:doh:

I'm looking at his entire body of work. Not these last few games.

Jason has gotten better every year. I feel if we work on fixing the people in front of him, he can be an upper tier QB (though likely never elite).

But what do I know, I guess some people still wish we had Jay Cutler and his likely 25 interceptions if he were playing behind this line or Mark Sanchez who likely would be benched by now and shell shocked.

Sonny's word is gold around here. The only way JC does not come back is if he tanks the next three games. If we stay competitive, then he comes back and competes for a starting QB position. We may still draft a big name QB for the future.

This is my thinking also.

JC has stepped up his play the last couple weeks. He is playing for his future, and its refreshing to see the hard work he has put in, is starting to show dividends.

Is he a franchise QB yet. No.

But if he continues to improve, he might end up being one.

It would be a really good senario to have Jason, Colt B, and a drafted QB (prefer a later round one) all in camp next year. Let them fight it out.

I agree with Sonny too. I don't see how we can't bring back JC at this point. We have way more needs than a QB right now, so drafting a QB won't change much. We definitely need help on the OL. Campbell looks good when he has time to go through his reads. If we can bring in some OL in the offseason, I say we give Campbell another shot.

Yeah, the Skins can say nice job Campbell, give him a contract, AND draft a QB (even though they shouldn't). The Eagles drafted Kolb behind McNabb. Campbell should definitely be able to live with that.

I wouldn't mind that. With as many QBs that are going to come out this year, we can still get a decent one in the 2nd or even 3rd.

Our big needs going into the offseason will be OL, LB, DB, QB, RB.

Archived