Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Mayock on Jason Campbell

mhd24

34 is a big number, but 14 isn't. Guess how many points Candle scored TR1? Take a wild guess.

:doh:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

You're just making a fool out of yourself. You've said repeatedly that Campbell can't lead this team to points, and then when he does, he has to score them on his own.

Fourteen? Nah, it's twelve because Campbell doesn't kick the PATs. And I guess half of that because he's gotta throw it to someone. But hey, he didn't throw the touchdown to the right receiver (jfriedm fail) and they were bad throws anyway, so he led us to none!

Anti-Campbell zealots are just hilarious lately.

Your use of "Candle" in lieu of Campbell makes you look idiotic and childish.

You're just making a fool out of yourself. You've said repeatedly that Campbell can't lead this team to points, and then when he does, he has to score them on his own.

Fourteen? Nah, it's twelve because Campbell doesn't kick the PATs. And I guess half of that because he's gotta throw it to someone. But hey, he didn't throw the touchdown to the right receiver (jfriedm fail) and they were bad throws anyway, so he led us to none!

LOL not to mention Ganthers TD's were BOTH 1 yarders.....after JC drove the team down the field. I guess he should have said screw you Ganther and called his own number so he could have appeased some of these guys.

Who said it was Candle and not our running game?

No, I give the QB credit for the 7, the PAT should be made every time.

So you still have your panties in a wad over "Candle", huh? So sad, too bad.

Candle's on a trend lately where he only puts up great numbers when we lose. What's up with that?

Candle's playing a lot better than he has earlier this year. He was good in the Saints game. About back to average last game. Particularly his release. And your standards are so low you act like an average performance is praiseworthy.

But by all means, close your eyes and focus on how "Candle" sounds, and try to make a big deal out of stuff that should be done anyways, like a QB making throws when the O-Line gives him time, or PATs. Rather than wanting the team to be better.

Keep being childish and an idiot, NC.

LOL not to mention Ganthers TD's were BOTH 1 yarders.....after JC drove the team down the field. I guess he should have said screw you Ganther and called his own number so he could have appeased some of these guys.

Hahaha, I had forgotten about that!

Seriously, though, dumbest post I ever saw was jfriedm saying that Campbell threw the touchdown to the WRONG receiver.

Almost pissed myself.

So when they move and score Jason gets them there but when they don't score it isn't Jason's fault.

Ok now that we have that straight :doh:

Who said it was Candle and not our running game?

No, I give the QB credit for the 7, the PAT should be made every time.

So you still have your panties in a wad over "Candle", huh? So sad, too bad.

Candle's on a trend lately where he only puts up great numbers when we lose. What's up with that?

Candle's playing a lot better than he has earlier this year. He was good in the Saints game. About back to average last game. Particularly his release. And your standards are so low you act like an average performance is praiseworthy.

But by all means, close your eyes and focus on how "Candle" sounds, and try to make a big deal out of stuff that should be done anyways, like a QB making throws when the O-Line gives him time, or PATs. Rather than wanting the team to be better.

Keep being childish and an idiot, NC.

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Did you check the score yesterday ole buddy ole pal?

"Candle" and the rest of your post makes you look childish and idiotic.

Nobody's coming to your side because you look ridiculous.

So when they move and score Jason gets them there but when they don't score it isn't Jason's fault.

When the hell did I say its not Jasons fault? See this is the crap that keep happening to me. I think JC is mediocre as hell, and maybe getting a little better.

But I feel like I have to sit here and defend him from these morons that try there hardest to make him out to be the worst QB in the NFL.

Its a tired act, go ahead keep being miserable......im going to enjoy the offense playing good football, and hope it continues.

Hahaha, I had forgotten about that!

Seriously, though, dumbest post I ever saw was jfriedm saying that Campbell threw the touchdown to the WRONG receiver.

Almost pissed myself.

Haha yeah I saw that in the game thread.......Moss was wide open.....so clearly Campbell is a total tool for throwing a strike to Davis for a touchdown.

Ive never seen a group of fans root against a player on there team harder than these guys do....

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Did you check the score yesterday ole buddy ole pal?

"Candle" and the rest of your post makes you look childish and idiotic.

Nobody's coming to your side because you look ridiculous.

Watched it. With the exception of the game before that, Candle only looks good when everything else is working. The Skins deserve better for a #1 QB.

The only ridiculous thing between me and you lately is you wanting to give Candle credit for the 34, but not say for example.... the 6 against Dallass. (BTW - guess how many TDs candle threw last sunday. Wasn't 4-5 i can tell you that.)

On the one hand, I hope we keep winning and scoring points. OTOH, you seem clueless as to WHY we scored 34 last weekend. Not that I'm surprised, it's just....

well, let's hope the young guys keep stepping up. Even if clueless idiots like you keep wanting to argue Candle's status while we win.

Watched it. With the exception of the game before that, Candle only looks good when everything else is working. The Skins deserve better for a #1 QB.

The only ridiculous thing between me and you lately is you wanting to give Candle credit for the 34, but not say for example.... the 6 against Dallass.

On the one hand, I hope we keep winning and scoring points. OTOH, you seem clueless as to WHY we scored 34 last weekend. Not that I'm surprised, it's just....

well, let's hope the young guys keep stepping up. Even if clueless idiots like you keep wanting to argue Candle's status while we win.

You explicitly said that Campbell only performs well when we're losing. We won.

You can't even get your fake facts straight.

I did say that Campbell needs to punch it in for both Dallas and Philadelphia and that it shouldn't come to a battle of field goals.

Again, you can't even get your fake facts straight.

Sorry that you, your non-existent arguments, and your ability to name-call are so lonely in your views. Keep your chin up.

I did say that Campbell needs to punch it in for both Dallas and Philadelphia and that it shouldn't come to a battle of field goals.

Sorry that you, your non-existent arguments, and your ability to name-call are so lonely in your views. Keep your chin up.

Candle played efficiently, overall was average. He really hasn't changed from the QB we've seen from 5 years now.

The past two games have been encouraging, kinda like it looked like Candle "got it" in the first half of 2008.

Where have I put up anything "fake"? Candle had a really good game against NO, maybe for his career. Yet he was un-clutch in the end and one of the reasons we lost. Great numbers, we lose. Average numbers last weekend, we win. This may be just like the first half of 2008. It's the team carrying Candle, not the other way around.

He had as far as I recall, better stats than Tony Romo sits to pee in Dallass, but who came through in the end? And through his career, Candle posts stats better at time than say Rothlisberger, but who leads their team to victory?

He's played average over his career, on a below average team. And since we started him, the one time we saw a replacement for more than 1 game, we became a good team that went to the playoffs that year. Candle usually gets good stats, but we lose.

Only one who can't get their facts straight between us, is you.:doh:

What I want to know is why Campbell gets all the credit/blame for the W-L record, but not the total points of the game.

sir clinton: most are aware where the Candle gimmick came from, but it is clearly used as an insult now, which is why only 1 side of the argument uses it

Anyone who can't admit that Campbell has improved and is playing well has an agenda. It's as clear as day. Having said that, I still have my reservations about whether he's capable of leading a clutch drive late in a meaningful game. I will probably continue to have those doubts until he does it a couple times.

At this point in time, I'm torn on Campbell. I was pretty sure that it would be obvious by the end of the 2009 season which direction we needed to go. And, at least to me, it's not yet. He's continued to make incremental progress (career best numbers), he's one of the best veteran QBs that will be available in FA, he may be a RFA, but he's also not had many signature moments where he's clearly defined himself as a very good QB and taken over a game to lead us to a W.

So, I guess I'm one of the rare people on this board who isn't clearly for or against Jason Campbell. It will certainly be interesting to see how the next several months shake out.

Once again, franchise QBs only come along once a generation. There are 7 franchise QBs in the NFL right now:

Thats because most teams, including ours, want to keep mediocre talent on the field in the hope they come around and continue to make up all kinds of excuses as to why they never do.

If you like mediocre play, keep campbell and kiss any hopes of a franchise player EVER coming here. Get used to 8-8 seasons though because thats all campbell is.

Thats because most teams, including ours, want to keep mediocre talent on the field in the hope they come around and continue to make up all kinds of excuses as to why they never do.

If you like mediocre play, keep campbell and kiss any hopes of a franchise player EVER coming here. Get used to 8-8 seasons though because thats all campbell is.

Or maybe having a franchise QB requires being a good franchise 1st?

A FO that makes smart personnel moves, a coaching staff that has continuity, good OL and skill position players, good playcalling.

Its so much easier for a franchise to get another QB and blame shift then to admit that they've failed as a franchise.

Or maybe having a franchise QB requires being a good franchise 1st?

A FO that makes smart personnel moves, a coaching staff that has continuity, good OL and skill position players, good playcalling.

Its so much easier for a franchise to get another QB and blame shift then to admit that they've failed as a franchise.

Very good point. Cutler was considered by many as a surefire "franchise QB", which is why the Bears gave up so much for him. That isn't really going as planned, it seems. In Denver he had a great OL and consistent playmakers to throw to. Now that he has neither, he is struggling quite a bit.

For all you desperate Campbell lovers, CBS is on your side:

Analysis: Campbell has emerged as a decent option in Fantasy, especially over the last three weeks. He'll have a pretty decent matchup at home against the Giants in Week 15, so if you're desperate for a Fantasy quarterback for that game, give Campbell a look.

Anyone who can't admit that Campbell has improved and is playing well has an agenda. It's as clear as day. Having said that, I still have my reservations about whether he's capable of leading a clutch drive late in a meaningful game. I will probably continue to have those doubts until he does it a couple times.

At this point in time, I'm torn on Campbell. I was pretty sure that it would be obvious by the end of the 2009 season which direction we needed to go. And, at least to me, it's not yet. He's continued to make incremental progress (career best numbers), he's one of the best veteran QBs that will be available in FA, he may be a RFA, but he's also not had many signature moments where he's clearly defined himself as a very good QB and taken over a game to lead us to a W.

So, I guess I'm one of the rare people on this board who isn't clearly for or against Jason Campbell. It will certainly be interesting to see how the next several months shake out.

^This pretty much sums up exactly how I feel.

Only the JC haters think they always have that straight. It's not his fault when the playcalling takes the ball out of his hands.

I saw a JC hater post after the Dallas game that the last Suisham miss was JC's fault because he didn't score the TD. Yet when in field goal range, all three plays called were running plays. :doh::doh:

I feel like he's being faulted for his field position and strong running game, though. We just didn't really have that much field in front of us. After you score a touchdown, you can't continue the drive, you know?
Wait a minute, are you saying JC had a strong running game on Sunday? JC's rushes omitted, the 'skins had a combined 80 yards on 23 carries.

Archived