Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Mayock on Jason Campbell

mhd24

i still dont think he'll be back.

If it is an uncapped year next season my guess is that Campbell is tendered and the FO will shop him. I really have no idea what his trade value is, though.

But I would not be surprised to see him back on a 1-2 year deal to compete with whomever we draft.

I'll say 60-40 he is gone.

If it is an uncapped year next season my guess is that Campbell is tendered and the FO will shop him. I really have no idea what his trade value is, though.

But I would not be surprised to see him back on a 1-2 year deal to compete with whomever we draft.

I'll say 60-40 he is gone.

I'm not a Campbell supporter but I think it would be a loss to get rid of him without knowing what we're getting in return but he's putting together a real nice audition tape for other teams.

i just think a new coach will want a clean slate, especially with a team thats probably gonna finish 4-12 or 5-11. if shanny or any new coach is here, he'll wanna draft his own guy for sure, and start working on getting him ready to go.

the difference is i have no problem watching a rookie lose. i enjoy watching guys get their shot, fail or succeed, i just enjoy seeing youth. campbell will be 29 next year and hes been losing for most of his career, so nothing aside from two games in a lost season shows me that theres a reason to stick with him.

id rather see us draft a bradford type and throw him to the wolves, and see what he can do, vs starting campbell and ensuring we go 7-9 or 9-7. i hate mediocrity. if were gonna fail, id rather just completely tank until we get it right.

and we'll never know what QBs can be elite until we take a shot. there cannot be any fear of failure, you just gotta swing for the fences and hope you hit that homerun. cant go up to the plate worrying about striking out.

I see where you are coming from. Problem is totally whiffing on a QB sets a franchise back 5 years. Look at the Raiders......I mean up until a few games ago they still thought Russell was their savior. Now JC is no total hit by any means of the word. But hes "workwithable" if you will. I think he should be our QB until that draft comes along where there is a few garuntees in the draft........and you sell the farm to grab one.

Ugh, tr1, call off the hounds!

This is exactly how the board SHOULD be. Call a spade a spade. He's played well the past two games and BLC is pointing that out. Campbell often plays horribly, and that should be pointed out as well. Both with equal passion and objectivity.

Props to you, BLC. I mean that!

Agreed. BLC is entitled to his opinion that Campbell isn't a good quarterback. I think that reasonable people will differ on the subject. At least BLC is willing to admit it when Campbell plays well. It's nice to come across smart people that can form an opinion, but concede that there is another side to the story.

You don't let a guy who is on pace to throw for 3500+ yards and 20+ TD's with a QB rating in the area of 85.0 - 90.0 to just walk.

Especially a guy who has been playing behind a scout team offensive line, to go along with all the injuries on the team and a fairly young group of receivers.

Just my 2 cents...

i still wanna see a switch, regardless of how he plays. its too little too late for me at this point so all i can hope for is that if hes gonna play well after 50 starts we better get something decent in return if we tender him. theres no reason to continue on with "just an average NFL starting" QB. the goal is to win a superbowl or have a total rebuilding year, campbell doesnt fit in either scenario.

No problem, but like I said, just make sure that QB is better than he is.

The "grass is always greener" does not work in this case. Everyone wants to get to the SB.

What I don't want to see is some "Colt" come in and produce worse stats, worse losses and be compared to Heath.

Go find Brady in the fifth round and bring him in. Throw JC to the curb. Just make sure it is Brady and not:

Todd Blackledge

Andre Ware

David Klinger

Heath Shuler

Tim Couch

Akili Smith

Cade McNown

Alex Smith

Rick Mirer

Jim Druckenmiller

Ryan Leaf

Cade McNown

Joey Harrington

J.P. Losman

David Carr

To name a few QB's that were clearly better than JC.

Agreed. BLC is entitled to his opinion that Campbell isn't a good quarterback. I think that reasonable people will differ on the subject. At least BLC is willing to admit it when Campbell plays well. It's nice to come across smart people that can form an opinion, but concede that there is another side to the story.

I agree. I just hope you can be as understanding when the next time Jason Campbell has a poor showing, someone bumps this thread and says "I hope the Campbell supporters can shut the **** up this week!" despite the fact that this thread was supposed to be about Mike May****'s analysis of Jason Campbell's last play versus the Saints.

No problem, but like I said, just make sure that QB is better than he is.

The "grass is always greener" does not work in this case. Everyone wants to get to the SB.

What I don't want to see is some "Colt" come in and produce worse stats, worse losses and be compared to Heath.

Go find Brady in the fifth round and bring him in. Throw JC to the curb. Just make sure it is Brady and not:

Todd Blackledge

Andre Ware

David Klinger

Heath Shuler

Tim Couch

Akili Smith

Cade McNown

Alex Smith

Rick Mirer

Jim Druckenmiller

Ryan Leaf

Cade McNown

Joey Harrington

J.P. Losman

David Carr

To name a few QB's that were clearly better than JC.

WHo are those guys???

:rotflmao:

The irony here is so thick you could cut it with a knife.

The agenda boyz never fail to deliver.

I think its funny how you don't realize that your 'agenda boyz' crap makes you sound more immature than any of the 'agenda boyz's' posts on here.

You don't let a guy who is on pace to throw for 3500+ yards and 20+ TD's with a QB rating in the area of 85.0 - 90.0 to just walk.

Especially a guy who has been playing behind a scout team offensive line, to go along with all the injuries on the team and a fairly young group of receivers.

Just my 2 cents...

But...but...the agenda boyz say it's BRADY or bust!

:rotflmao:

Is it silly? The HOF is supposed to honor individual performers, but it has been criticized for years for its bias toward team accomplishments.

Super Bowls are team accomplishments. Try proving that Terry Bradshaw was anything more than an average QB without mentioning the Super Bowls his team won.

Great example!

Archived