Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mike Mayock on Jason Campbell

mhd24

If Shawn makes that kick the game is over......JC is a hero for shredding the defense again and setting up for an easy nail in the coffon fieldgoal.

tell me something i dont know. what does if shawn makes that kick, games is over have to do with campbell conducting a winning drive late in the game? if campbell doesnt throw that INT, he keeps the drive alive, perhaps lead us down the field giving suisham a chance for a winning FG.

if this , if that. u go with what has happened. suisham missed a FG that coudlve given us a 2 score lead. he didnt. campbell has a chance to conduct a winning drive late inthe game. throws an INT.

so i;ll ask u the same thing.

did campbell lead a late winning drive? did he throw an INT? if the INT isnt his fault, whos is it? suisham missed the FG to give us 2 score lead. whos fault was it? its easy for yuo to say it was suisham;'s fault right? but when i ask you or other homers who's fault was it for that INT? instead of sying campbell, you go off in your little world by saing " suisham missed the FG" or " if sellers didnt fumble...?"

simple questions dude.

here i;ll show you how it's done.

q: did campbell conduct a late winning drive?

a: no

q: did cmapbell throw an INT?

a: yes

q: If the INT isnt campbell's fault, whos fault is it?

a: it is campbell's fault. he stopped the drive with the INT

q: is campbell clutch and cool under pressure?

a: no. he is vulnerable to turnovers in those situation

this is how you homers answer

q: did campbell make a late winning drive?

A: it is suisham's fault. he missed the FG and now you guys are tying to put the blame on campbell? u haters u.

q: did campbell throw an INT?

a: brady leads a late winning drive and if vinateri misses the FG, it's brady's fault?

q: If the INT isnt campbell's fault, whos is it?

a: it is arnold swarznegger's fault. he doesnt know a thing or two abou tbeing a governator.

q: is campbell clutch and cool under pressure?

a: i like world of warcraft

You, sir, are a moron. Campbell led the team right down the field to kick a game winning FG. Suisham shanked that FG. What is more clutch than leading your team down the field to take a 10 point lead against an undefeated team in the last 2 min? Does Campbell take the blame for Suisham missing a chippy? In your mind, yes. Does Campbell get the blame for a defense allowing a team to go 82 yds in 33 seconds? In your mind, yes. Does Campbell get credit for leading his team to 30 and 34 points in back to back games? In your mind, no. Because the running game helped him so much. They were so dominant on Sun that they put up 100 whole yds, but only 80 if you take away the 20 Campbell had on 5 rushes! Campbell was the third leading rusher on Sun, behind Ganther (50) and Mason (32).

Only one who can't get their facts straight between us, is you.

Ummmm... is it completely out of the realm of possibility for Candle to score a "game-winning TD" that actually wins the game? (Bear in mind we're 4-9 now)

We had to kick FGs instead of making TDs, right?

If Candle would quit throwing INTs at the worst times, we could have won the Saints game.

If you don't get that, let's try another way: I don't blame Candle for the missed FGs, but he's part of the reason we HAD to rely on Swish to kick FGs.

As far sa our running game goes, if we're going to give an average QB props, might as well do so for our run game as well.

Understand now?

Ummmm... is it completely out of the realm of possibility for Candle to score a "game-winning TD" that actually wins the game? (Bear in mind we're 4-9 now)

If Candle would quit throwing INTs at the worst times, we could have won the Saints game.

If you don't get that, let's try another way: I don't blame Candle for the missed FGs, but he's part of the reason we HAD to rely on Swish to kick FGs.

As far sa our running game goes, if we're going to give an average QB props, might as well do so for our run game as well.

Understand now?

No, he's not even a little part of the reason. There were six straight running plays from the N.O 16 yard line that netted a total 11 yards and you still blame JC for not scoring the TD. Do you understand now?

Understand now?

Really? Because of JC we had to kick the field goal there... :doh:

No, he's not even a little part of the reason. There were six straight running plays from the N.O 16 yard line that netted a total 11 yards and you still blame JC for not scoring the TD. Do you understand now?

this part i agree with. zorn played for 3 wihtout any hesitation and took the ball out of campbell. he knew that a FG wouldve given us a 2 score lead and most likely wouldve won the game. but this is football man. no one is perfect. no coach is perfect, no team is perfect. and some how, it came down to where campbell had to lead the team to a late winning drive.

i can clearly see that it wasnt campbell's fault in that situation. can you homers see that campbell was put in a situation where he had an opportunity to make a late game winning drive and failed?

t

i can clearly see that it wasnt campbell's fault in that situation. can you homers see that campbell was put in a situation where he had an opportunity to make a late game winning drive and failed?

If you were to check my post history and I'm not meaning to sound sarcastic, in the thread talking about whether JC made a bad decision on the INT throw, I posted that the actual throw was worse than the decision to throw it. He still could have made the play if he had put more arc on the ball and gotten over the db's head. So, yes, when he screws up, I say that he did.

if only we had Yoda as QB. he could be our franchise QB for about 700 years.

Nah. He's not tall enough and has has and awkward limp. It affects his release... of course any incoming defensive lineman would become shredded light saber toast and he would not actually need a line to protect him. He'd just create a force shiled/push/whatever...

So yeah... maybe it could work...

Really? Because of JC we had to kick the field goal there... :doh:

You two don't think if we had a clutch QB, that Sherm would've dialed him up?

Dropped passes are part of our futility passing down there, but other reasons are Candle's poor decision-making and quick-release skills.

:doh::doh:

Do you two understand now?

Understand now?

Campbell threw the pick AFTER Suisham missed the field goal. So I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that the pick forced us to rely on Suisham.

Running the ball was the right decision, how do some people not understand that? Your kicker is supposed to make that FG, running the clock and keeping the NFL's top defense off the field with little time left in what you suppose is going to be a two possession game, is the right move. You don't risk throwing an INT in your RZ, especially with a QB who has a tendency to turnovers late in the game.

You're still missing the point.

Rushes are rushes. Campbell couldn't throw those yards because he already rushed them.

The first post of yours in this thread that I responded to seemed to be implying something to the effect of "JC critics are saying that he was just the beneficiary of a strong running game to compliment him." Well, 80 yards on 23 carries isn't much of a compliment.

If that isn't what you meant, then what is?

Campbell threw the pick AFTER Suisham missed the field goal. So I have no idea how you came to the conclusion that the pick forced us to rely on Suisham.
Where did I say that it was the pick that forced us to rely on Swish. It's Candle's being un-clutch, for example his throwing picks at the worst time, that contributes to our HAVING TO KICK FGs INSTEAD OF TDs. Got it? Or are you just trying to be obtuse?
Campbell is currently 3rd in the league in RZ rating.
Source please, because it sure looks like Sherm or whoever calls plays down there disagrees with you.

JC will never clear the bar that is set by his bashers. Every time he gets close to clearing it, they move the bar.

Inaccurate? Wrong

Doesn't take chances? Wrong

Can't throw 20TD? Soon to be wrong

If you had told this board before the season that JC would throw for 3700 yds, 20 TD and 14 INT, the majority would be stoked. Guess what JC is on pace to do? Now, imagine a full season playing at the level the offense has been playing at the last 5 games? Yeah, lets get rid of that. :doh:

jc will never clear the bar that is set by his bashers. Every time he gets close to clearing it, they move the bar.

Inaccurate? Wrong

doesn't take chances? Wrong

can't throw 20td? Soon to be wrong

if you had told this board before the season that jc would throw for 3700 yds, 20 td and 14 int, the majority would be stoked. Guess what jc is on pace to do? Now, imagine a full season playing at the level the offense has been playing at the last 5 games? Yeah, lets get rid of that. :doh:

+1

JC will never clear the bar that is set by his bashers. Every time he gets close to clearing it, they move the bar.

Inaccurate? Wrong

Doesn't take chances? Wrong

Can't throw 20TD? Soon to be wrong

If you had told this board before the season that JC would throw for 3700 yds, 20 TD and 14 INT, the majority would be stoked. Guess what JC is on pace to do? Now, imagine a full season playing at the level the offense has been playing at the last 5 games? Yeah, lets get rid of that. :doh:

-Did I miss something or are we judgin jason campbell only on the last few games of the seasonm

-Throughout his career here Jason hasn't been a very accurate qb, and that isn't incorrect. Many this offseason discussed it, and it wasn't wrong to assert that he's inaccurate. He may be currently improving his accuracy, but that doesn't negate the countless missed passes we've all seen.

-Throughout his career here he also hasn't been known to take many chances, again this may be something he's improving upon but it doesn't make statements this offseason wrong, because up until recently Jason hasn't dialed it up frequently, evidence in his ya and ypa. Last year he had the lowest avg yrs through the air, second to only matt cassell. So no when people said he doesn't take chances, they were right.

-one 20 td season in 5 years and your acting like we found our savior. Aaron rodgers is going to be 2/2 now on 20 td seasons, and he entered the league same time as Jason.

-and lastly the bar hasn't been changed, some of us just aren't as moved by a few games, we've been watching campbell for years, and he's had good games his problems come from inconsistency and lack of poise at crucial moments in the game.

-and lastly the bar hasn't been changed, some of us just aren't as moved by a few games, we've been watching campbell for years, and he's had good games his problems come from inconsistency and lack of poise at crucial moments in the game.

Yep. Campbell has a few good games every year. Brady Quinn and Bruce Gradkowski have had some good games too. I don't want any of them as my starting QB.

I just think it's miraculous how suddenly the o-line got better, the receivers got better, and the Skins started scoring points. But of course none of that is because of JC, right? He is the same as he ever was.

Come on, we bashers were right all along, he sucked. Now he's playing better. Too bad this started when the Skins are out of contention. Pretty easy when there is no stress.

-Did I miss something or are we judgin jason campbell only on the last few games of the seasonm

-Throughout his career here Jason hasn't been a very accurate qb, and that isn't incorrect. Many this offseason discussed it, and it wasn't wrong to assert that he's inaccurate. He may be currently improving his accuracy, but that doesn't negate the countless missed passes we've all seen.

-Throughout his career here he also hasn't been known to take many chances, again this may be something he's improving upon but it doesn't make statements this offseason wrong, because up until recently Jason hasn't dialed it up frequently, evidence in his ya and ypa. Last year he had the lowest avg yrs through the air, second to only matt cassell. So no when people said he doesn't take chances, they were right.

-one 20 td season in 5 years and your acting like we found our savior. Aaron rodgers is going to be 2/2 now on 20 td seasons, and he entered the league same time as Jason.

He has a career 61% completion pct... seems accurate.

This is only his 3rd season as the fulltime starter... and in his first he missed the last 5 games... So out of his 2 full time injury free seasons as the starter, he will hit the 20TD mark in his 2nd try.... So Rodgers is 2/2... Campbell is 1/2... Rodgers is a better QB tho, obviously

He has a career 61% completion pct... seems accurate.

This is only his 3rd season as the fulltime starter... and in his first he missed the last 5 games... So out of his 2 full time injury free seasons as the starter, he will hit the 20TD mark in his 2nd try.... So Rodgers is 2/2... Campbell is 1/2... Rodgers is a better QB tho, obviously

His comp percentage is directly correlated with his cautious play. This debate is over if you honestly think he's been accurate throughout his career here.. He hasn't been, if you've watched him that would be evident

-you can't discount exp gained through those games in which he played but wasn't injured at the some point.. Sure it didn't allow him to reach 20 tds but he eqsnt exactly lighting it up in 2006 or 2007 if you remember

Archived