Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"New Moon" Drinking Game

BALLz

so I just posted an anti-twilight status on facebook and immediately got 100 comments either telling me I'm brilliant (the dudes) or that I'm an insensitive, horrible jerk (the ladies). haha, never has a facebook status been so gratifying.

:rotflmao:

any golden comments worth posting?

I saw the first movie when it came to DVD. I thought it was cheesy, and the acting was subpar. I doubt I'll be going to see this in theaters unless a girlfriend drags me along. (And pays for my ticket? :D) I might rent it when it comes to DVD if I'm bored enough one night.

:rotflmao:

any golden comments worth posting?

haha

basically I said if I heard one more thing about sparkling vampires and stuff bad things would happen. you know, much more colorfully.

my friend AJ said: "or you'll suck out their blood. SCHLURP"

Kyle said: "The world's gay vampire community is incredibly angry at being compared to Twilight."

I replied: "You would know if you had seen the latest south park that the term fagot has been redefined as "a douche-bag Harley biker" not all gay people are fagots"

Shelly said: "You're just jealous of Edward's milky skin"

Victoria said: "sexist"

Ashley said: "greatest book and movie evuuuuurrrrrr"

and so forth :silly:

Massawyrm has posted his highly entertaining review of the film.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43130

Bella Swan is one of the most detestable, obnoxious, mentally unstable characters in modern American literature. She is a character so over the top that she borders on satire; and were she some sort of Holden Caulfield-like, deliberately unlikable character written with the intent to openly mock the ideals of modern romantic literature, she would be acceptable, if not perfect for the part. But Stephanie Meyer isn’t that self-aware. Instead, she has woven together a cloyingly insufferable romantic saga – a junkfood and cheesecake epic, if you will – centering around a woman who revels in, nay celebrates, how damaged she is. I dated a girl like Bella once. Thank god they make medication for girls like that now.

There is a rule about dating women like this that older generations often have to pass onto the younger: if a woman tells you she is trouble, if she tells you that you want no part in her problems, if she swears that she has too much **** in her life to fall in love, you need to ****ing believe her. Because it is all true, every word of it. She is a woman so wrapped up in her own **** that she focuses like a laser beam on them making them the very essence of her personality. You will not save her. You cannot fix her. And she will be an absolute tempest of frustration and bitterness until she finds a way to get over her own ****. Yeah, Bella Swan is textbook; farm raised, corn fed ****tease bemoaning her pathetic lot in life. That women identify with her at all troubles me. That she’s the hero of this story is just plain unbelievable.

:rolleyes:

I don't understand why you all care so much. Really. Do we girls make threads bashing retarded movies like Transformers and Wanted and GI Joe? No. Because who really gives a ****? If you don't like it, don't watch it. Grow a pair of cajones and tell your woman that you're not gonna go see it.

I don't understand why you all care so much. Really. Do we girls make threads bashing retarded movies like Transformers and Wanted and GI Joe? No. Because who really gives a ****? If you don't like it, don't watch it. Grow a pair of cajones and tell your woman that you're not gonna go see it.

amen!

(wanted wasn't totally horrible... GI Joe was one of the worst pieces of crap I've ever seen.)

amen!

(wanted wasn't totally horrible... GI Joe was one of the worst pieces of crap I've ever seen.)

Wanted was semi-entertaining but EXTREMELY unbelievable. If these guys want to cry about a vampire sparkling, they need to explain bullets swerving.

Wanted was semi-entertaining but EXTREMELY unbelievable. If these guys want to cry about a vampire sparkling, they need to explain bullets swerving.

Was Wanted a big-time popular movie? Seeing the previews was enough to make me not want any part of it. GI Joe looked 10x worse. Transformers, I'll admit I enjoyed the first time, but the acting was pretty damn bad.

see? We have no problem saying those movies are bad. hell, I'm sure we've started threads making fun of those movies ourselves.

Was Wanted a big-time popular movie? Seeing the previews was enough to make me not want any part of it. GI Joe looked 10x worse. Transformers, I'll admit I enjoyed the first time, but the acting was pretty damn bad.

see? We have no problem saying those movies are bad. hell, I'm sure we've started threads making fun of those movies ourselves.

Not saying Twilight is a GOOD movie. I know it's corny and cheesy. I love the books, though, so I have to say I really like the movie, despite it's crappiness. And I'll love New Moon, even though the werewolves look pretty unrealistic and the movie probably won't be that great. Still super excited to see it.

I guess that unlike most films (Transformers is probably an exception), you can't swing a cat without seeing marketing for Twilight somewhere, whether it is at Hot Topic or Barnes & Noble.

That and the fangirls can be pretty obnoxious about it. My sister is a good example. She lent the books to my wife and kept bugging her to read them. As I said previously, my wife doesn't really see the appeal in vampires and she didn't like the books at all.

BTW, you can make threads saying those movies are trash, but for the most part, the guys will agree with you.

Why do they sparkle?

When they go into the sun, instead of dying like a "real" vampire would, his skin sparkles. It's the author's way of explaining why the vampires live where they do and just a different take on the whole notion of vampires.

You guys gotta get over it. BFD.

When they go into the sun, instead of dying like a "real" vampire would, his skin sparkles. It's the author's way of explaining why the vampires live where they do bull****ting and just a different take on the whole notion of vampires. just a way to reinvent something in a feminine way in order to make lots of money

there, I fixed that for you :silly:

When they go into the sun, instead of dying like a "real" vampire would, his skin sparkles. It's the author's way of explaining why the vampires live where they do and just a different take on the whole notion of vampires.
That doesn't make sense. Shouldn't they sparkle in the moon light?

Guess it doesn't matter. :)

So, really, the entire series is just one long running joke about the weather in the northwest?

I think a difference there is that movies like Transformers, and especially GI Joe, are largely targeted to younger kids to sell toys and try to re-market the old franchises they're based on. Transformers had some larger mass appeal for an older crowd based on Megan Fox and being a Michael Bay explosion film too. Plus both films have an understandable nostalgia factor of long running, memorable television shows. Wanted wasn't the large scale marketing machine of Twilight, just a niche action film with some unique special effects, it was just a random film based off of a graphic novel.

Twilight is one of the most publicized films of the year and it's fanbase ranges from little girls to older women, with a few random (strange) guys thrown in the mix. And it's based off of crap. Honestly, Meyer is a horrible, horrible author who writes like an 8th grader, and the movies aren't of any better quality either. It's really just an awful movie franchise based off of pathetically bad source material. Twilight is such a bizarre phenomenon to actually be as successful as it really is.

:slap: Wanted was badass and based on a comic. Bullets curving could be explained :yes:

Vampires sparkling not so much :no:

I'm always stunned at the people who are into this stuff (including the books.) I mean, seriously, at least Harry Potter is good children's/young adult literature. Twilight? Seriously, the setting is nice because the Pac NW is off the hook in terms of its beauty (especially the Puget Sound area) but what else?

Kristin Stewart was good in Panic Room when she was a kid, now she just bites her lip. The lead male is not "hot," even my girlfriend said this and she likes this garbage.

She always tells me it's a "love story" not really about vampires. BS. If it weren't about the vampire mystique, they wouldn't have made it to the pre-production stage with this same basic story.

Saturday Night Live did a hilarious send-up of Twilight:

http://www.hulu.com/watch/107500/saturday-night-live-digital-short-firelight

What's important is how by inserting Frankensteins they show how absurd the whole fascination with these monsters is.

I liked Gary Oldman as Dracula, at least that was Bram Stoker's work. Same with the real story of Dr. Frankenstein's monster. Back in the day, any of you watch that show about Werewolves where Chuck Connor played the head werewolf? That was a neat show but I'm not INTO werewolves or any of that stuff.

I don't get the fascination with vampires. People are much more interesting (and are often monsters, themselves.) Hell, I find robots more interesting and the idea of man vs. machine. Vampires are just folklore that got turned into some kind of quasi-sexual fantasy, star-crossed romantic notion for people.

Strange.

Archived