Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"New Moon" Drinking Game

BALLz

I think my feelings on the matter are perfectly clear. The first movie was tolerable. I can't imagine how anyone likes this second one. I'd have to imagine that anyone who does also drools on themselves, and is distracted by shiny objects. The movie has a friggin 4.5 out of 10 on IMDB, which is saying something since that site usually has inflated numbers.
I think it also had something like 25% or so on Rotten Tomatoes.

I took my girlfriend to see that "Dear John" movie with Channing Tatum.

I already agreed to take her to "The Last Song," that upcoming movie starring Miley freaking Cyrus.

Those are both based off of Nicholas Sparks novels, the same guy who wrote "The Notebook."

I don't want to see those movies, but it's a nice thing for my girlfriend, they're just cheesy straight forward chick flicks, and they're really not completely horrible films.

She also loves Twilight, but knows better than to ever ask me to go see those with her.

I can't get past Stephanie Meyer using the vampire/werewolf characters as cheap story telling mechanisms, and by all accounts the books and films are just complete crap. Poorly written novels and movies with garbage actors? No thanks.

I think it also had something like 25% or so on Rotten Tomatoes.

I took my girlfriend to see that "Dear John" movie with Channing Tatum.

I already agreed to take her to "The Last Song," that upcoming movie starring Miley freaking Cyrus.

Dude, she owes you BIG.

Make her see "The Expendables" with you :evil:

Dude, she owes you BIG.

Make her see "The Expendables" with you :evil:

lol right.

I would never drag her to a movie like that, she'd just fuss about having to go the whole time, and that would be a pain for me to deal with while I'm trying to enjoy Stone Cold and Jason Statham mixing it up.

Also, I'd like to think I have a pretty open mind towards most movies, and the Nicholas Sparks films aren't terrible. "Dear John" didn't get very good reviews, but I think that's mostly because it was a regular chick flick without any standout performances (and Channing Tatum is actually just bad, he mumbles literally every other line) and the end of the movie didn't really resolve anything in the plot. But it wasn't offensively bad in any way.

I have a bad feeling about the Miley Cyrus movie though. From the previews, that looks like it could be pretty bad, and even my girlfriend agrees.

lol right.

I would never drag her to a movie like that, she'd just fuss about having to go the whole time, and that would be a pain for me to deal with while I'm trying to enjoy Stone Cold and Jason Statham mixing it up.

Also, I'd like to think I have a pretty open mind towards most movies, and the Nicholas Sparks films aren't terrible. "Dear John" didn't get very good reviews, but I think that's mostly because it was a regular chick flick without any standout performances (and Channing Tatum is actually just bad, he mumbles literally every other line) and the end of the movie didn't really resolve anything in the plot. But it wasn't offensively bad in any way.

I have a bad feeling about the Miley Cyrus movie though. From the previews, that looks like it could be pretty bad, and even my girlfriend agrees.

At least it makes more sense to have Tatum in that role than as Duke in GI Joe :wtf:

At least it makes more sense to have Tatum in that role than as Duke in GI Joe :wtf:

I watched the first 10 minutes of that movie online, and between Tatum and Marlon Wayans I had to turn it off before going any further. I don't know if I've seen a worse introductory scene in any film, ever.

Hold on, they're vampires??? I thought they were wolves? In th commercials they turn into wolves.
There are both.

Don't tell him anything, AC. Make him suffer through those horrible movies like the rest of us if he wants to find out. :)

Hold on, they're vampires??? I thought they were wolves? In th commercials they turn into wolves.
Edward Cullen, the sickly looking white guy who always has an expression on his face like he's suffering terrible heart burn, is a vampire, and comes from a family of vampires. There are some other groups of vampires hanging around too, but he's the main vampire in the story.

There's also a group of werewolves in the mix, one in particular who got some hype in the most recent film for not being as much of a wooden actor as the Edward Cullen guy. Really though, the only point of the werewolves is because Stephanie Meyer writes like a 12 year old and in her fantasy world, it's easy to present a Native American werewolf as the "dangerous" love interest for the main character, whereas the vampire is obviously the brooding type.

My wife read the book. She told me what happens. If your girl hasn't and you'd like to ruin it for her let me know. Hint: 3 words is all it takes.

Don't tell him anything, AC. Make him suffer through those horrible movies like the rest of us if he wants to find out. :)

Good thing I can catch these type of things before someone drags me to go and see that crap. I refuse to go see any of that New Moon b.s. I feel sorry for you guys that was dragged in to see it.

My wife read the book. She told me what happens. If your girl hasn't and you'd like to ruin it for her let me know. Hint: 3 words is all it takes.
lol, my girlfriend did read the book, so she already knows how the story is likely to go.

It might be a little different though. She said the Dear John movie wasn't the same as the book- a few key details got switched around and the ending was slightly different.

We both agree that the movie looks kind of bad, but she loves the Nicholas Sparks novels, so she has to see the film just to be able to say that she did.

I can't get my boyfriend to watch The Notebook with me, and he for DAMN sure won't go see Dear John or anything with Miley Cyrus in it.

He did, however, watch the dvd of New Moon with me, along with Twilight when that came out. He hated both, but I don't care. It's a fun story.

I can't get my boyfriend to watch The Notebook with me, and he for DAMN sure won't go see Dear John or anything with Miley Cyrus in it.

He did, however, watch the dvd of New Moon with me, along with Twilight when that came out. He hated both, but I don't care. It's a fun story.

MissU-

I haven't read the book(s) so I'm perfectly willing to accept that they have their merits but come on, the movies do not even offer a fun story. They are excruciatingly slow and shallow. I'm a vampire fan, born on Dracula and raised on Anne Rice. Twilight is actually the opposite of fun. It's actually work to get through these movies because the viewer must concentrate on finding key plot points or pulse-quickening events.

It's a pose festival. Transylvania 90210.

However, I can see why gals dig it. :)

(BTW- The fact that I've seen both movies is not a testimony of closet fanship. I try to see everything from Hollywood whether I end up liking it or not.)

I actually read and liked all the books...especially the last one (which most fans seem to hate).

I thought Meyer's other book, The Host was a lot more interesting though. :paranoid:

But I haven't seen any of the movies and don't plan too.

They just don't look very well made.

I plan on dragging my wife to see Clash of The Titans as payback.

Payback?

That movie looks awesome.

Seriously though, the Twilight Saga is a fun, easy read. It really shouldn't be considered as anything more than that. I'm pretty disappointed in the movies though.

Just proves, books >>> moviesss

Archived