Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie Sack Record!!

Dat Moss

It has been a long time since I saw jail break defense line play. That was great to watch. Congrats Rak!

I said the same thing yesterday when Jemarcus came in and we were just getting after him.. So fun to watch.

"Pad your stats!!" is what I think I kept saying.. hah

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I think one of the keys to Orakpo getting the record will be the continued development of Chris Wilson at OLB. I think early on Orakpo was our best option there but Wilson seems to be coming on and gaining the trust of the coaches thus allowing B-Rak to have his hands in the dirt.

They said before the Saints game they wanted him on the line more because they didn't want to force him to cover Shockey. I have a hard time believing they would be more confident in his ability to cover Witten. Tho, I don't recall how often he did in the first meeting.

To be honest, I don't think so...you don't go up against a JaMarcus Russell every day, yanno lol...

If Orakpo only got one more sack the rest of the way I wouldn't be too surprised...a little disappointed, but not too surprised. Here's hoping he gets a lot more than one sack, though! :cheers:

Conversely, given that often sack come in bunches and until yesterday the Rak was dry, I wouldn't be surprised by another monster game (course, 2 sacks against some of these teams is almost as monstrous as 4 on Jamarcus).

I don't see it, but that takes absolutely nothing away from his season. We haven't had bookend rushers get double digit sacks since Mann and Manley.

Orapko and Carter both have 11. That is exceptional.

Wow so it's been over a decade!

Here's to Rak Attack, Andre "Cart em off" Carter, and Big "Block em all" Al! The entire DL is playing with a whole new confidence. Daniels, Griff, and even Chris Wilson and Jarmon (before IR) are all stepping their game up!

As for the question: I could definitely see him pulling it off, but I would guess he ends up 2nd or 3rd on that list (still a phenomenal accomplishment). But I'll def be cheering for him to get it!

I don't see it, but that takes absolutely nothing away from his season. We haven't had bookend rushers get double digit sacks since Mann and Manley.

Orapko and Carter both have 11. That is exceptional.

Didn't Bruce Smith and Marco Coleman both have 10+ in 2000?

its going to be tough dallas NY and SD all have qbs that can get the ball ou quick maybe SD if they decide to sit rivers i expect 1 or 2 sacks most likley going to happen but if he does break it that would be the greatest thing to happen to this franchise in the past 10 years

Archived