Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie Sack Record!!

Dat Moss

14.5 Jevon Kearse, Tennessee, 1999 13.0 Dwight Freeny, Indianapolis, 2002 12.5 Leslie O'Neal, San Diego, 1986

Simeon Rice, Arizona, 1996

So we got Rak In range of these guys with just under half of the season to go. Anyone think he gets it? I think if he was at end he would definetly get it but as of now im thinking around 12-13

14.5 Jevon Kearse, Tennessee, 1999 13.0 Dwight Freeny, Indianapolis, 2002 12.5 Leslie O'Neal, San Diego, 1986

Simeon Rice, Arizona, 1996

So we got Rak In range of these guys with just under half of the season to go. Anyone think he gets it? I think if he was at end he would definetly get it but as of now im thinking around 12-13

I just saw the C. Hernandez interview with Zorn and he mentioned RAK has broken the Skins rookie record (7) anyway. He could be headed for something great.

At first I was thinking to myself, "We play some pretty decent QBs in the next few weeks, it may be hard to RAK up the sacks..."

BUT... of the 6 QBs we will play against, 4 of them are in the Top 10 around the league when it comes to getting sacked.

5. Russell = 24 sacks

6. Romo sits to pee = 22 sacks

8. Rivers = 20 sacks

10. McNabb = 19 sacks

23. Brees = 13 sacks

23. Manning = 13 sacks

ohhhh... and if you are wondering....

3. Campbell = 28 sacks

Those are tough numbers to match, but Rak is one bad MFer and he just might. I hope he does, and I hope he then sets the sack record for second year players, and then for third year players, and then for fourth year players, etc. etc. etc.

~Bang

I think he will end around 10. I dont think he'll get it but I sure hope he does. Sacks tend to be an inconsistent thing even though he has gotten them consistenly the past several games.

Mainly I think the fact that he is not playing at end every down is going to affect him. Plus unfortunately its easy to have games with no sacks at all, the same way you can end up with 2 or 3 sacks in a game.

Just curious - where will he be lined up? Against Flozell, or Doug Free?

Like I said in another thread - Columbo's injury is a HUGE loss for us. Again - no excuses, but if he's lined up against Free...

He will be on Free's side.

Andre Carter will line up opposite Flozell.

Though against Denver we were moving Orakpo around on passing downs.

He will be on Free's side.

Andre Carter will line up opposite Flozell.

Though against Denver we were moving Orakpo around on passing downs.

In 2005 when Flozell went down, Jason Witten was pretty much taken out of the offense b/c he had to help out in pass protection more, which ended up hurting our offense.

Again - I'm not trying to make excuses, but it'll be interesting to see what Jason Garrett does if Free struggles(like Torrin Tucker did in 2005).

Also - most of Barber's and Felix's biggest runs have been on that right side with Davis/Columbo - so we'll see if our run game takes any kind of hit. Columbo may not be the greatest pass blocker, but he's a mauler in the run game, and one of our (few)locker room leaders. Flozell isn't that great of a run blocker on that left side.

Overall - I think it'll be a good game.

Just curious - where will he be lined up? Against Flozell, or Doug Free?

Like I said in another thread - Columbo's injury is a HUGE loss for us. Again - no excuses, but if he's lined up against Free...

Orakpo moves around a LOT. He might be coming right up the middle or off the edge. I know the solo sack he had yesterday was against Denver's right guard, Chris Kuper, after running straight up the middle and tossing Kuper like a rag doll.

He's fun to watch for sure. He, Haynesworth, and Carter will be a handful.

Archived