Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie Sack Record!!

Dat Moss

I can see Orakpo absolutely owning Flozell when we face Dallas next Sunday. Couldn't be anything better for him than to have an awesome performance in his Homecoming. :D

I agree with him owning Flozell. if you watched the Dallas game vs GB this week, Flozell couldn't handle the LB that was lining up at the end. the LB, mattews I think his name is, was around him before he could get out of his stance.

Orakpo moves around a LOT. He might be coming right up the middle or off the edge. I know the solo sack he had yesterday was against Denver's right guard, Chris Kuper, after running straight up the middle and tossing Kuper like a rag doll.

He's fun to watch for sure. He, Haynesworth, and Carter will be a handful.

That's why I'm one of the few that likes him at SAM. I feel like moving Rak around at the LOS causes confusion. I'd like to see the same approach with Laron Landry at SS and being moved around in coverage to cause confusion in the secondary.

And I actually see Orakpo picking it up in the second half. Don't be surprised to see him break the rookie record. I see him having a couple of multi-sack games, including 3 or 4 in a single game. I can really see him getting 5-6 sacks between two of the seven remaining games.

So pumped about this guy. Hadn't been that excited about a Redskins pick since Sean Taylor. He is going to be an absolute monster for a long, long time if he can just stay healthy.

I'm right there with ya!

Could you imagine if he were lined up at DE full-time? He could've hit 17.

This guy, I swear, this guy is the real thing.

That'd be cool but what I want is for him to win DROY. It'd bring some prestige to what's been an otherwise forgettable season so far.

He should have had another sack in the Carolina game. It still annoys me that he absolutely blew Jordan Gross up with a bullrush to get the sack but he lined up offsides. Rookie mistake.

We keep saying if he lined up at end full time he would have more sacks. I think he would not have as many if he had 325lb lineman hitting him on every play.

I don't see how you can come to that assumption seeing that Carter has almost 10 sacks and he lines up at DE full time. I think RAK is a much better rusher than Carter because he has more moves and is quicker.Orakpo is losing opportunities to get sacks by playing coverage plain and simple.But he's the only guy we have right now to play OLB. If we put Wilson at OLB, Carter at LDE, and Orakpo at RDE we could rotate Carter Rak and Haynesworth on the line more to exploit mismatches. The scheme continues to hinder everyone. which is why Rak won't get the rookie sack record. He'll end with 12.5 sacks.

I don't see how you can come to that assumption seeing that Carter has almost 10 sacks and he lines up at DE full time. I think RAK is a much better rusher than Carter because he has more moves and is quicker.Orakpo is losing opportunities to get sacks by playing coverage plain and simple.But he's the only guy we have right now to play OLB. If we put Wilson at OLB, Carter at LDE, and Orakpo at RDE we could rotate Carter Rak and Haynesworth on the line more to exploit mismatches. The scheme continues to hinder everyone. which is why Rak won't get the rookie sack record. He'll end with 12.5 sacks.

...and you'll be disappointed? with a rookie LB getting 12.5 sacks? talk about hard to please.

there is *no way* to prove that he would have as many (let alone MORE) sacks if he had been playing DE all season. he has been in coverage a lot, yes, but he has also benefited from several favorable matchups that he would not have seen from the DE position.

basically, you decided that you don't like the decision even if it works out. bravo.

...and you'll be disappointed? with a rookie LB getting 12.5 sacks? talk about hard to please.

there is *no way* to prove that he would have as many (let alone MORE) sacks if he had been playing DE all season. he has been in coverage a lot, yes, but he has also benefited from several favorable matchups that he would not have seen from the DE position.

basically, you decided that you don't like the decision even if it works out. bravo.

QFT!

I've said it before and i will say it again. Taking a pounding from huge o-linemen WILL wear down a player and expsoe him to more injuries. see Jevon Kearse.

Archived