Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Birthday Marines!!!

MissU28

No need to be a smarty pants. Chill out young man your not a veteran yet (or even in the military for that matter) Come see me when you a butter bar. I should have made major by then.
such hostility. I made that as a lighthearted joke, perhaps you need to chill out, SIR.

edit: fwiw, people on contract here ARE members of the Reserves and a good number are enlisted National Guard. Some are enlisted servicemen. How do you know who from VMI is currently in the military or not?

Marines have no combat tactics, they just run screaming at the top of their lungs at the enemy. RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!!!!!!

I never understood one branch putting another down. The army and rangers have very different purposes from the marines. The marines may not have the tactics of small groups of special ops but when we needed 30,000 men to storm Iwo Jima we didn't exactly call up all the rangers either did we?

The Marines and Army will always be there for the larger fights, the Rangers will always be there to support larger units by taking critical specialized missions.

We're all Americans, why would you want to put the Marines down? When it comes to sheer fighting tenacity it's hard to match them. The Marines are and always have been some of the toughest SOB's on the battlefield.

From the Halls of Montezuma,

To the shores of Tripoli;

We fight our country's battles

In the air, on land, and sea;

First to fight for right and freedom

And to keep our honor clean;

We are proud to claim the title

Of United States Marine.

Our flag's unfurled to every breeze

From dawn to setting sun;

We have fought in every clime and place

Where we could take a gun;

In the snow of far-off Northern lands

And in sunny tropic scenes;

You will find us always on the job

The United States Marines.

Here's health to you and to our Corps

Which we are proud to serve;

In many a strife we've fought for life

And never lost our nerve;

If the Army and the Navy

Ever look on Heaven’s scenes;

They will find the streets are guarded

By United States Marines.

If it hadn't been for a childhood disease, I would be a jarhead. Sadly, I am unable to serve in the armed forces at all, but Marines were my first choice.

I wanted to be a Marine, but my head wouldn't fit in the jar.

I tried again, but my ASVAB scores were too high. They said, "with a brain like that, you need to join the Air Force."

Happy Birthday Navy's children....

To The Rock- its all good fun. I've heard "oh you went to Lackland day care center for boot camp." more than once.

It's true that we (Marines) are a department of the Navy..........the Men's department!!

With a daughter in the Navy and a son in the Marines I hear that one quite a bit:hysterical:

Uncle Sam's Misguided Children....God Bless Em All

Archived