Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Happy Birthday Marines!!!

MissU28

David Letterman just had 10 marines doing to the top 10. I think it was something like "Top 10 things the Marines will do celebrate the Corp's birthday.: #1 was "Continue to be bad ass as usual."

Happy B-day Marines. I had the chance to get to know some in my time in,(Air Force). Being a medic I was always "Doc." They were a good group of guys.

No need to be a smarty pants. Chill out young man your not a veteran yet (or even in the military for that matter) Come see me when you a butter bar. I should have made major by then.

this is a pretty ironic response, given your first post.

anyhoo, true story- i'm in the navy recruiters office asking about boot camp and how hard its going to be and all that. the man lights a smoke and puts his feet up on the desk and tells me how its a piece of cake.

while he's talking, a marine in full dress blues walks past the door on his way to his office. i thought the uniform looked pretty friggin cool, so i decided to check them out. this squared away, tough as nails recruiter begins to tell me how boot camp will be the hardest thing i've ever done, as i'm looking around a room filled with posters of marines training- in particular, the one with the DI in the recruits face with the phrase "we never promised you a rose garden".

that was it for me.

semper fi

Archived