Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cat fighting gets ugly during BYU vs. New Mexico women's soccer match

China

Guys don't take this too far. She was blatant about it but soccer is filled with that stuff. Soccer is filled with harder to see incidents such as these that happen all the time.

Whatever happened to taking the high road? Just because soccer is apparently a dirty sport doesn't mean you have to play along.

I agree with you. We don't see what was done to 15 here. My experience in sports is you always see the person who retaliats, not the real colprit..

If the other teams' player did the equivalent to what she was doing, she could have said so. And I doubt ESPN and the VP of Athletics are in some sort of conspiracy against her....

Whatever happened to taking the high road? Just because soccer is apparently a dirty sport doesn't mean you have to play along.

What happened here is why I question the ref and really her coach. The girl obviously got heated early after taking an elbow early on. Her play got slowly more blatant from there.

She should certainly be suspended... but if you want to avoid these things the ref has to do his job. Can't let angry players get more and more violent and do nothing about it.

It's a small world. Quick background - my daughter has participated in several sports over the years.

So anyway, the daughter called a few minutes ago and asked if I heard about this story. "Yep, saw it on ES". Well, she knows this girl's sister and they have played in a few beach volleyball tourneys over the years.

Weird. Small world.

everything is wrong with this, from the players actions to the fact the coach did nothing in the entire game to get her off the field or indeed any of the officials allegedly 'refereeing' the game. Attrocious conduct by the player and equally attrocious standards set by people supposedly responsible for game management. The league authority cold throw the book at every one of them.

I havent seen anything like that in years. Back in the 60's in the UK you could just about punch a player out and still stay on the field but not anymore. What kind of coaching are the referees getting?!

I've been watching football (soccer) for over 30 years and this is easily, easily, easily the worst display of thuggery I have ever witnessed, it was blatant and sustained, incredible she stayed on the pitch, she should have been sent off many times, or, the New Mexico coach should have substitued her.

Which team do you support. Wasn't Roy keane known to be a dirty player, in his book he openly admits to trying to end a player's career. Legend of the game though.

Now that is how soccer should be played, the men should take notes

that is how the mens game was played! sadly, by introducing rules that were needed to get this kind of thing out of the game it played straight in to the hands of the other kind of cheat - the 'diver' that will throw himself to the ground and roll around in agony at the slightest contact. There was a time when the player wouldnt have had to pretend they were in pain!

Which team do you support. Wasn't Roy keane known to be a dirty player, in his book he openly admits to trying to end a player's career. Legend of the game though.

I support West Brom (West Bromwich Albion), and yes, Keane was a dirty player at times. Don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with playing hard, but when you overstep the mark and try to break another players leg, well that's just wrong. Footballer over here are famous for their low intelligence, and although you can earn good money it is a short career, few play on beyond 35, so to deliberately try to end another persons career is about as low as it can get.

The chick from New Mexico, although a nasty peice of work, none of the challenges were in Roy Keanes league. This is the career ending foul.

Roy Keane is the reason I don't want to see fighting ever taken out of hockey. If soccer players were more concerned with dealing with a dirty player to prevent future potential injuries instead of rolling around on the ground pleading to the ref, he'd never have gotten away with the **** he did.

Archived