Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cat fighting gets ugly during BYU vs. New Mexico women's soccer match

China

From what I can tell, she was pretty pissed for getting a elbow to the gut, I would have been also.

You guys aren't thinking clearly on this. That elbow was 1) very minor seeming 2) she got her retaliation in. Most people would have let it go.

My guess is she got elbowed for something SHE Did or said previously. Also, outright punching someone in the back because they elbowed you because you kept pushing up against them like you wanted to bed them is not a proper response. Hold YOUR ground and stop trying to move someone else off their spot (while whispering sweet nothings no doubt.)

You guys aren't thinking clearly on this. That elbow was 1) very minor seeming 2) she got her retaliation in. Most people would have let it go.

My guess is she got elbowed for something SHE Did or said previously. Also, outright punching someone in the back because they elbowed you because you kept pushing up against them like you wanted to bed them is not a proper response. Hold YOUR ground and stop trying to move someone else off their spot (while whispering sweet nothings no doubt.)

I am thinking it through very clearly. If someone elbowed me in the gut(on purpose) when I played Rugby, they were getting raked by my cleats all day long.

I am thinking it through very clearly. If someone elbowed me in the gut(on purpose) when I played Rugby, they were getting raked by my cleats all day long.

So your response would have been totally disproportionate, eh? And you'd tackle someone ELSE who did not elbow you viciously by their hair, as well?

I don't think you really mean you'd go after their whole team after a minor elbow.

We just haven't seen what led up to it, it's just a chronological clip of her transgressions. For all we know the elbow had a cause.

Basically, this calls for Occam's Razor. Her response is totally disproportionate. So it makes MORE sense that the elbow was not the cause of her rampage, but a reaction to something else she did.

It was varsity high school soccer. I only gave my example of getting tackled pretty rough because the dude who tackled me wasn't playing dirty at all during the game and he was very apologetic after it happened. This girl on the other hand had some vendetta so it could have ended pretty bad for the girl who got tackled. If not a straight red then she should have gotten two yellows.

Yeah she definitely should have been tossed for 1 maybe 2 transgressions. Hair pull and tackle/punch. The forearm to the back along with the other tackles weren't that severe. Just wanted to disagree with everyone saying she should never play again/face criminal charges..

First, the less serious response.

quagmire_giggity_giggity_goo.jpg

Now the more serious response. I played soccer for a number of years, and I played defense. I won't claim to be an angel because I played semi-violent at times and used my size to my advantage. The forearm in the back was a staple of my game, as was hip checking. I even had a few high tackles here and there.

This girl went over the line even by my standards, though I have to say, the one play where she both cleared the ball AND managed to punch the other girl in the face was a thing of beauty, regardless of how illegal it was. The hairpull was a little much.

The university is taking appropriate action here.

Archived