Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Capitals 09-10 Offseason Thread (Thread Closed; mods please lock)

Sticksboi05

I didn't know Comcast owned VS.

yep... Comcast wanted to charge something like double what they had been previously charging which apparently didnt make sense to DirecTV. I was hearing bits and pieces about it on the radio over the last few weeks leading up to the day they halted carrying it. It kind of irritates me because i have DirecTV...

yep... Comcast wanted to charge something like double what they had been previously charging which apparently didnt make sense to DirecTV. I was hearing bits and pieces about it on the radio over the last few weeks leading up to the day they halted carrying it. It kind of irritates me because i have DirecTV...

Yeah, there is spin from both companies but from everything I can gather it seems Comcast wanted to up the price substantially so DirecTV said "Okay, you can do that but we're going to throw your ****ty channel on the sports pack so we'll be paying for less subscribers."

Comcast didn't like that apparently so they just yanked the feed right off. Comcast pissed me off further because they yanked the HD feed of the channel off like 3 days early.

The NHL needs to go back to ESPN. Simple as that. They can take all those dull basketball games off.

ESPN loves to push the NBA.

I'm all for the NBA but outside of a few of the top teams the games are mostly boring with bad basketball being played. The playoffs in the NBA are great but for regular season I really miss National Hockey Night.

Sadly WSOP has (or had) high ratings than the NHL did when it was on ESPN. :(

Not sure if that would be the case now with Ovechkin, Crosby, etc. in the league.

I doubt that would happen now. I think the NHL is pretty much back. Just needs to be seen by more than a couple hundred thousand people every night.

Archived